Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
(09-10-2017, 05:56 PM)PMInTraining Wrote: I've finally gotten the courage to take the C207 test. I take it Friday night. Just passed C210 Task 2. Only Task 3 left-- Will work on completing tonight(Already did most of the power point). Whew! There is a light at the end of the tunnel folks!

Good luck on Friday! It will be smooth sailing with the attention you have given the course!!! We are both on Task 3 together for capstone! I can see the diploma on the wall already haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mag48's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL
The taskstream gods have delivered.... Task 2 of capstone is a pass!!!! Task 3 this weekend and then we await the final countdown! Next week at this time I think I will be taskstream stalking with a pitcher of sangria! Smile
  • jessikalauren
Awesome!!! Im working on trying to finish up this weekend, if not, next week at the latest! So excited for you. I took off work next Friday to celebrate.
(09-14-2017, 02:55 PM)PMInTraining Wrote: Awesome!!! Im working on trying to finish up this weekend, if not, next week at the latest! So excited for you. I took off work next Friday to celebrate.

Good luck today! Let us know how it goes and your thoughts afterwards!
  • RANSOMSOUL
Didnt pass the C207 OA. Much different than I thought. YIKES. About to submit Task 3 of C210 though. Have a meeting with my CM on Tuesday afternoon.
(09-17-2017, 11:38 AM)PMInTraining Wrote: Didnt pass the C207 OA. Much different than I thought. YIKES. About to submit Task 3 of C210 though. Have a meeting with my CM on Tuesday afternoon.

How did the grading graph shake out for you? Was there an even balance for points missed or spot areas that cost you big points? Two ways that I focused on that really lined the exam up was saving all of the chapter quizzes and made sure to understand the answer to each question. So if an answer was Z-Score, R-Squared, Coefficient of Determination, I would answer and then spend 2-5 minuted making sure I understood the foundation of the answer. There are countless videos online for each topic or rule and would encourage you to tap into those options. One or two times around in this format really locked in the information for me. The second resource was a vocab pdf (pretty sure this is found in the topics section of the course) that broke down key topics/rules really well and it was a valued resource during the exam. Hit me up in PM and I will share that document if you can't find it.

You'll get it on the next time around. Seems to be a very common multiple attempted exam to pass and I feel most of it comes from not being sure on the direction to take with preparation.

Do something fun today and get excited for this week because next go at it will be a win for sure!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(09-17-2017, 11:38 AM)PMInTraining Wrote: Didnt pass the C207 OA. Much different than I thought. YIKES. About to submit Task 3 of C210 though. Have a meeting with my CM on Tuesday afternoon.

Sorry to hear about the slight road bump with C207. Ransomsoul gave some good pointers-- Did you find that the question wording/verbiage was the challenge? Were you close to reaching the pass mark?

Good to hear that your C210 Task 3 is in for grading. You can really focus in on the data driven decision making class over these next two weeks.

I just pulled the trigger on submitting my task 3 as well. It was driving me crazy trying to get it perfect and I ended up just doing a full take and submitting it. If it comes back for revision I will make the changes but it is enough to drive a person crazy trying to get the recording at 100%.
(09-17-2017, 04:52 PM)Mag48 Wrote:  I just pulled the trigger on submitting my task 3 as well. It was driving me crazy trying to get it perfect and I ended up just doing a full take and submitting it. If it comes back for revision I will make the changes but it is enough to drive a person crazy trying to get the recording at 100%.

Great job on knocking this out. Following the rubric with the powerpoint and talking points, I have a hard time seeing it come back for revisions. However, you might have a 'unique' style of presenting Wink

Get ready to cut the celebration cake!!!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I come bearing great news! Task 3 is a pass and the program progress wheel is officially at 100%! What a great feeling to cross the finish line in just under 5 months! It was so nice to have this thread for support and motivation throughout the program. It really made an impact on my success and commitment levels to keep on moving! Thank you so much for the support--I must now resist the urge to run around the office and scream cheers of joy! Or resist booking another cruise for a nice little celebratory getaway LOL!
[-] The following 3 users Like Mag48's post:
  • dfrecore, jsd, studiousimp
Congratulations!!!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,949 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 5,052 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,178 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,800 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,541 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,810 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,867 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,356 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,262 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,274 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100