Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Sitting at Starbucks typing the final pages of the C205 Leading Teams project. It seems that my life revolves around google doc's and Starbucks. LOL Glad to be approaching the finish line for the team project. Submitted my Task 1 for Data Driven yesterday as well. Hopefully it passes on first attempt, I chose to do an ANOVA as it seemed the easiest to understand and compile data. Looking at the questions for the pre-assessment has got me stressed and ready to go back to statistics class. @Ransomsoul-- any tips for us on the data-driven class exam? How did you end up doing on the pre-assessment vs real deal? I am going to take your earlier advice to see about getting on the cohort too.
Mag48 Wrote:@Ransomsoul-- any tips for us on the data-driven class exam? How did you end up doing on the pre-assessment vs real deal? I am going to take your earlier advice to see about getting on the cohort too.

Spend time having a true comprehension on when to use regressions, z source, ANOVA, time series analysis, probabilities, RBMs and KPIs. It's far less about the math/stats and more focused on knowing when to apply. Dependent on your test bank, there are some questions requiring basic math skills with finding z-score and mean value.

The pre-test and final in Data-Driven had the largest difference of similarities compared to any other pre-test/exam in the program. I would not gauge success on how high your pre-test score is. Just go into final knowing the rules, when to apply them and you should come out on top celebrating.

PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Spend time having a true comprehension on when to use regressions, z source, ANOVA, time series analysis, probabilities, RBMs and KPIs. It's far less about the math/stats and more focused on knowing when to apply. Dependent on your test bank, there are some questions requiring basic math skills with finding z-score and mean value.

iesThe pre-test and final in Data-Driven had the largest difference of similarities compared to any other pre-test/exam in the program. I would not gauge success on how high your pre-test score is. Just go into final knowing the rules, when to apply them and you should come out on top celebrating.

Excellent! I can definitely calculate the mean and zscore. Trying to skim over the sections of the text that walk through all the math since this isn't a factor. My task 1 just passed so gonna get task 2 underway so I can go into full on exam study mode.

Update #2:

Leading Teams C205 passed and is complete as of today. Task 2 for Data Driven Decision making is submitted!
MSML Capstone - Task 3 - Complete (Presentation - 20 Slides - 30min)

This was a fun task and one most should enjoy if they are comfortable presenting. I went way over in my time and don't want to scare anyone with the duration of the presentation. Could have cut it down to 17min-20min if I was paying more attention. Did it all in the first take (no practice) and it probably allowed for a little more casual talk on some of the slides. Watching it back, I was entertained and felt it should be received well and fortunately, my assumption was correct enough for a passing grade.

Last is Task 4 and should be in Thursday or Friday. As long as it ends with a passing grade (even if grading rolls into July), I am embracing a completion date in the program of four months Smile

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Great job!!! The end is soo very near for you! Let us know when you reach that finish line!!! I am starting the prep work to get the forms signed for the capstone. I thought it would be really easy internally but it wasn't. LOL! Task 2 passed today for Data Driven Decision making. Now need to spend a week or two really getting familiar with the content. I hope to take the exam the weekend of July 15th and do the two tasks for strategic management the last two weeks of July.
Nice schedule Mag48. Your July looks to be packed with future wins!!! Funny mention about the numberer of requests needed in Task1 of the Capstone. When I initially started with it, I ended up spending two days just looking at it and on the 3rd day, I was like, Enough Already, Get It Done!!! Wink

I was interested in seeing how long the line is currently for Task 4 in the Capstone, so I submitted my resume (one of the requests), checked the number count and canceled submission because I still have to write some other portions of the project. The current wait is over 700+ submissions! Looking back at others courses, I would be bummed when there was over 300 submission but have learned greater patience in the Capstone. On average the submission wait has been from 450 - 700+ (that's a result wait of 3-4 days). Perhaps my 30min video submission in Task 3 slowed up the grading for everyone Wink

MSML Capstone - Task 4 - Submitted last night #768 in queue

We have an event in Frankfurt (currently in Germany) on the 15th, my wife wants me to not look and wait to pull it up on a projector with a packed house! She says otherwise there's no real drama and if all goes well as expected, it could make for a fun silly memorable moment.

I have checked Taskstream (grading service) so many times over these last 4 months that the possibility of holding out 15 days doesn't seem likely but I do think the challenge is a really good one. My wife tends to get her way on a lot of things; I only wanted one child and four kids later somehow happened Wink

Best wishes to all for the weekend!!!

Just checking in... I slowed up a bit with my momentum due to work, new projects, etc. Looks like I'll be working on Business Acumen and Data Driven while doing Leading Teams in order to play catch up... ugh! I have a team of 3 people, myself and 2 others. Hopefully it goes well. GREAT job on your success everybody. Going to try to work on Business Acumen and take the practice test tomorrow night. Being off for the 4th on Tuesday will give me some time as well.
Back with another update. Passed the Business Acumen pre-assessment....cant say with what being as we cant see cut scores lol. Did above competent and approaching exemplary on all sections. Operations Management and IT are what I have the most experience in, so I scored perfectly in those. I took accounting and micro and macro econ in undergrad, so I did good on those. Marketing and organizational structure were somewhat common sense... And I actually just got approved to take the actual assessment. I think I'll shoot for tomorrow or Monday night depending on how I'm feeling when I review again tomorrow morning!
Mag48 Wrote:Change Management is a pass! I think I got somewhere around 75%. The new exam process no longer shares the exact score (don't love this). Just bars of how competent you were in the key areas. All were green. I do, however, love how now when you take the Pre-assessment it shares what you got right/wrong and the corresponding answer if wrong.

As for what I do now/plan to do. I currently work for one of the big online travel websites doing strategic account management. Basically I am the point of contact for hotel partners in an assigned region and handle all facets of their partnership. The goal for me after completing the MSML is to apply for a promotion that involves leading a team of people who do the current position I am in. I may end up making a slight change to oversee the support (coordination/operations) vertical to get started in the people management process, but the end goal would be to lead a team that oversee's client relations/market strategy side of the business. What about you?

Just seeing this... I currently work as a project coordinator at an IT company. Hopefully after I finish my MBA I can move in the project management role(hence the name PM in training) or possibly go back to manufacturing and be an operations manager(I really love being in manufacturing, people say it's weird for a female lol). Nothing is set in stone though... I'll be 22 in a few months, so I can still decide what I wanna be "when I grow up" hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,736 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,943 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,142 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,741 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,736 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,738 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,207 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100