Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Mag48 Wrote:I really want that final video presentation to be the END. lol

@Ransomsoul-- Congrats on completing the program!!! How does it feel?

It's always cool looking how one student can love a task and another feel completely different:

Exam Lovers & Exam Haters

Writing Paper Lovers & Writing Paper Haters

Presenting Lovers & Death Over Presenting!

Task 3, if you're not a fan of presenting will be a great last Task. Primarily because by that point you will have so much knowledge from the program that if you enjoy presenting, it will be a walk in the park and if you don't enjoy presenting, the knowledge will give you super powers to muscle your way through it Smile

With regard to my feelings, this has been an awesome experience. 2015 I was still undecided about even pursuing a bachelor and just over a year and a half later, I have a bachelor, master and close to a second master complete. I feel more than anything, the need to make sure to take a moment and enjoy the accomplishments before racing on to the next.

Ok...Moment Is Over!!! Wink
PhD or DBA - in selection process stage
MBA, Western Governors University - in progress
MSML, Western Governors University 2017

BSBA, Thomas Edison State University 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • passit1
Received two cool updates this week:

1. StraighterLine reached out asking for time to sit for an interview on a new book called 'Free-Range Learning in the Digital World'. Seems that the author has some relationship with the CEO of StraighterLine and they would like to include a piece of my time with StraighterLine and a closing update with WGU. We are reviewing the details on Monday and if worth sharing, I will circle back with additional information.

2. WGU shared I was in the running for being a student speaker for commencement. The next event is in Texas/September and due to my completion date, it does not look like that one will be an option. There are Indiana/Oct & three options in 2018 (Florida/Seattle/Las Vegas). If I was able to secure Texas, it would be an easy decision to swing the family down for a pretty cool moment. Indiana does not seem like a real option and once 2018 comes around, I might be focused on other projects overseas. However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
  • jessikalauren
(08-11-2017, 05:37 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

I am aiming for Vegas and it would be the coolest thing ever to hear you speak, since I learned so much from your posts on this board. Juuuust my two cents Big Grin
Currently working on: BSB-HR at WGU
Start date: 8/1/17 and goal completion date: end 2017

80 credits completed, 40 credits to go:

- (22 credits) CLEP/DSST exams: Principles of Mgmt, College Mathematics, Intro HR Mgmt, College Composition (6 credits applies to BOTH English requirements at WGU), Principles of Marketing, Business Ethics
- (42 credits) StraighterLine: Intro to Business, Business Law, Organizational Behavior, Accounting I & II, Business Communication, Business Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, American Government, Env. Science, Intro Communication, College Algebra
- (16 credits) Community College & GGU: Psychology, intermediate algebra, natural sciences applications, intro humanities, critical thinking
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 05:37 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: However, Seattle and Las Vegas could be a lot of fun and if it is an actual option for these commencements, I will probably get fired up to make it happen.

I am aiming for Vegas and it would be the coolest thing ever to hear you speak, since I learned so much from your posts on this board. Juuuust my two cents Big Grin

That's a  nice post to read - Thank you!!! Vegas is high on the list for sure and would be an easy 4-hour drive up from Laguna. Might even be able to bring some good screamers to keep the energy high in the building Wink

(08-11-2017, 10:18 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote:

That's a  nice post to read - Thank you!!! Vegas is high on the list for sure and would be an easy 4-hour drive up from Laguna. Might even be able to bring some good screamers to keep the energy high in the building Wink

I love it! We go frequently because flights from Oakland are cheap. And it would be one hell of a graduation party!

The timing is a factor for me because I *might* be able to walk for both my BS and masters (leaning toward MSML) by then. I may need more advice from you because my term wouldn't start until Feb 1st, but from reading your thread and others, it seems perfectly reasonable to complete all but the capstone in four months, right? I believe I just have to be in progress on my last course to apply for commencement.
Currently working on: BSB-HR at WGU
Start date: 8/1/17 and goal completion date: end 2017

80 credits completed, 40 credits to go:

- (22 credits) CLEP/DSST exams: Principles of Mgmt, College Mathematics, Intro HR Mgmt, College Composition (6 credits applies to BOTH English requirements at WGU), Principles of Marketing, Business Ethics
- (42 credits) StraighterLine: Intro to Business, Business Law, Organizational Behavior, Accounting I & II, Business Communication, Business Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, American Government, Env. Science, Intro Communication, College Algebra
- (16 credits) Community College & GGU: Psychology, intermediate algebra, natural sciences applications, intro humanities, critical thinking
(08-11-2017, 09:21 PM)jessikalauren Wrote: I love it! We go frequently because flights from Oakland are cheap. And it would be one hell of a graduation party!

The timing is a factor for me because I *might* be able to walk for both my BS and masters (leaning toward MSML) by then. I may need more advice from you because my term wouldn't start until Feb 1st, but from reading your thread and others, it seems perfectly reasonable to complete all but the capstone in four months, right? I believe I just have to be in progress on my last course to apply for commencement.

That's an awesome goal and I am a fan of 'anything is possible'. December 2015, I had 15 credits earned in 2013 from ALEKS & by March 31st, 2016, I received the TESU confirmation email on completion for my BSBA. Feel bad that I did not write more about that journey but my head was down too much in the books to document it. The crazy thing is now it's just one big blur and outside of my ACE Credit account, I would not even be able to put the dates together.

Now if I can just get a handle on how to complete a Doctorate with the same efficiency, all will be grand in the world!! Smile

Look forward to you tackling your masters & cheering you along the way!

• jessikalauren
I heard this same news quite a few months back actually. Worth double checking, but it sounds right.
Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (79/123 CUs complete)
Certs: Linux+, LPIC-1, Security+, Network+, A+, CIW Site Development Assoc.
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, community college, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU MBA IT Review/Progress + Application Fee Waiver gingerbeefE 4 20 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: cypster
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 10 40 09-26-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone