Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Got my diploma in the mail about a week or so ago. Just checking in with anyone to see if anything exciting has happened. Scored a new position!
[-] The following 3 users Like PMInTraining's post:
  • davewill, jsd, RANSOMSOUL
Awesome update PMInTraining!!! I just returned from celebrating with a crazy cool trip to Puerto Vallarta. Here was a shot from our hotel patio. My wife said she can't wait to see how we celebrate a doctorate Wink

[Image: Fiesta-Americana-Puerto-Vallarta-77777.jpg]
PhD or DBA - in selection process stage
MBA, Western Governors University - in progress
MSML, Western Governors University 2017

BSBA, Thomas Edison State University 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Motivated2move
That's AWESOME!!! So jealous!
So eventually, I will need to narrow this list down but here are the current schools I have on the board as options for a Doctorate:

American Collge of Education - Doctorate in Education (Ed.D.) Leadership There are a lot of reasons this program could end up as a winner. Key factors: Price (19k) Duration (2-3 years) Course Study (Leadership/Change Agent/Social Impact)

California Southern University - Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) This was my initial front-runner and definitely still high on the board. Key Factors: State School (California) Course Study (Business-CEO-Leadership/Cultural & Social Awareness). Price compared to ACE isn't great but overall it comes in at a decent level 35k (Tuition/Textbooks)

UNISA - Doctorate Business Leadership . This school has been heavily discussed in our sister forum to the point that I continue to have the school on the board even though the hurdles seem to be pretty adventurous to put all my eggs in this bucket. Key Factors: Price (unclear due to travel requirements but looks to be around 12k-15k) Course Study (same as others, intrigued by the Dissertation Defense over Course Work/Exams model). I have several friends from South Africa and they have advised me to pass on UNISA due to the local perception and long-term value.

University of the Cumberlands - Ph.D. in Leadership . This program has been favorably reviewed on the sister account. Key Factors: Ph.D. (Leadership) Price (23k) Campus (personal interest to call a real campus home). This program makes sense on a lot of levels and is in my two options. My wife for some reason is just not feeling this school and says she won't let me go here Wink

Edinburgh Business School Heriot-Watt UniversityDoctorate Business Administration (DBA) Key Factors - Course Study (Business-CEO/Global Leadership) Price ($28k) Reputation (unknown in the states but has a very nice international value position).  My wife loves this option, bought a school sweatshirt and rocks it all the time now Wink  While in Germany recently the feedback was very positive when mentioning the school & this only made my German wife more confident this was the school Wink

Current ranking: 1. ACE 2. UC 3. HWU 4. UNISA 5. CSU.

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(11-01-2017, 03:06 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: California Southern University - Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) This was my initial front-runner and definitely still high on the board. Key Factors: State School (California) Course Study (Business-CEO-Leadership/Cultural & Social Awareness). Price compared to ACE isn't great but overall it comes in at a decent level 35k (Tuition/Textbooks)

I'm assuming you mean "state school" as in it is within the state, but just wanted to point out that it isn't a state school in the public university sense. It's private/for-profit.
Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (104/123 CUs complete)
Certs: CCENT, Linux+, LPIC-1, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+, CIW SDA
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, community college, 2015
(11-01-2017, 03:16 PM)jsd Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 03:06 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: California Southern University - Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) This was my initial front-runner and definitely still high on the board. Key Factors: State School (California) Course Study (Business-CEO-Leadership/Cultural & Social Awareness). Price compared to ACE isn't great but overall it comes in at a decent level 35k (Tuition/Textbooks)

I'm assuming you mean "state school" as in it is within the state, but just wanted to point out that it isn't a state school in the public university sense. It's private/for-profit.

Correct on the assumption Smile In a previous post, I listed Patten University as a State School when looking into my Masters and it was just highlighting the school was in the state I live in. Understanding, this is a forum focused on the details, I could have clarified or phrased it differently. Thanks for the mention.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU MBA IT Review/Progress + Application Fee Waiver gingerbeefE 4 262 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: cypster
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 10 418 09-26-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone