Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com's History 108: History of the Vietnam War updated TESU equivalency
On 4/27/17, TESU changed the transfer equivalency for Study.com's History 108: History of the Vietnam War from HIS-351 (UL) to HIS-246 (LL).

If you completed the course before this change, you can request they honor the upper level equivalency on your Academic Evaluation.

This has not been updated on Study.com's website yet (https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab).
Aren't there two Vietnam War courses on Study,com? I wonder if the other course kept the UL transfer
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
There are two, one has an essay I believe.

I took the one they are changing months ago, I just shot an email to TESU to make sure I keep the equivelancy that it had in January.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Thanks for the update! I will call tmrw and make sure they keep mine as UL also. I finished it in early April. Hope they keep it in mine!
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
Then the Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War should stay HIS-351, and thus you now have 2 history courses you can take? That would be awesome!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Has anyone verified whether the equivalency change applies to the other Vietnam War course too? Is the change to course 108 on TESU's website somewhere?
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
SDO Wrote:Has anyone verified whether the equivalency change applies to the other Vietnam War course too? Is the change to course 108 on TESU's website somewhere?

Unfortunately, there isn't a public list. The best thing to do is to email them, but I don't think it'll be necessary until you are really going to take the course and transfer. They have another course 308 which transfers in correctly. But again, you may want to email them before you are ready to take the course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't a public list. The best thing to do is to email them, but I don't think it'll be necessary until you are really going to take the course and transfer. They have another course 308 which transfers in correctly. But again, you may want to email them before you are ready to take the course.

There is a public list, but they haven't updated it with the new info yet.

Thomas Edison State University
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My eval currently shows the 108 course as HIS-351. Is that because I took it before they made the change so it's grandfathered in? It doesn't really matter to me if it's UL or not but I'm just curious how that rule works.
ndelcollo Wrote:My eval currently shows the 108 course as HIS-351. Is that because I took it before they made the change so it's grandfathered in? It doesn't really matter to me if it's UL or not but I'm just curious how that rule works.

Yes, not sure of the date exactly, but on that certain date they're going to switch it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,363 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,483 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 753 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle