Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Help - TECEP - Federal Income Taxation
Hello Good People of Degree Forum!!

I am in need of any and all help for this. I am looking for some feedback on the Federal Income Taxation TECEP. I know there probably isn't to many people who have taken this but for the few who have I would love to hear your feedback on it. I will be signing up today for the June term and plan on taking it within the first week or two of the term. I actually just finished up a CC course for Federal Income Taxation so I think I could manage a 60 on this test today if I took it but I want to be certain. I would like to know if there is anything specific I should study. Also I didn't learn an Corp Tax stuff so that is an area I think I should look at in case there is a computational problem on Corp Tax.

Any tips, hints, tricks you got I would love to hear them!!

Thanks!!

P.S - These are the last credits I need!!!!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello Good People of Degree Forum!!

I am in need of any and all help for this. I am looking for some feedback on the Federal Income Taxation TECEP. I know there probably isn't to many people who have taken this but for the few who have I would love to hear your feedback on it. I will be signing up today for the June term and plan on taking it within the first week or two of the term. I actually just finished up a CC course for Federal Income Taxation so I think I could manage a 60 on this test today if I took it but I want to be certain. I would like to know if there is anything specific I should study. Also I didn't learn an Corp Tax stuff so that is an area I think I should look at in case there is a computational problem on Corp Tax.

Any tips, hints, tricks you got I would love to hear them!!

Thanks!!

P.S - These are the last credits I need!!!!

Haven't taken it, not sure if I will, but I am pretty sure it's open textbook! (http://www2.tesu.edu/tecep_desc/acc-421.pdf)
I took it and did not pass with a 53, it kept me from graduating in June and now I will graduate in September. I am taking the class now for the May term. It was an odd test, it was very hard to space out the timing because of not being able to go back. If the questions hit upon things you know, you're good. If not, not so much. 1 of the essay questions was on partnerships and I could not find it anywhere in the book before or after the test. I did how I felt I did. And it's not a bonus that you get to use a book, its a necessity. It would be absolutely impossible without it unless this were your area of expertise. Be sure to know (or know where to find) the exceptions to all the rules, mark them as you go.
I passed it. I didn't buy the recommended books. I had an Enrolled Agent book because I was studying for the EA exams. I had some exposure since I studied for the EA exams, but I think that was several months before I took the TECEP. I didn't study for the TECEP.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Bumping for possible additional information.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Is this the course that has to be done by June or you have to pay the $1500 for the capstone or cornerstone dont remember which?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Is this the course that has to be done by June or you have to pay the $1500 for the capstone or cornerstone dont remember which?

No this is a tax course for the Accounting Major, The Capstone is Strategic Management or known know as simply Business Administration Capstone

sanantone Wrote:I passed it. I didn't buy the recommended books. I had an Enrolled Agent book because I was studying for the EA exams. I had some exposure since I studied for the EA exams, but I think that was several months before I took the TECEP. I didn't study for the TECEP.

I agree doesn't look too bad but then again I took the tax course thru Liberty Tax last fall.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,796 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,026 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,193 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,841 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,799 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,745 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,262 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,922 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,555 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,678 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill