Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for Review on TESU BSBA Plan
Collegelady2 Wrote:I'm planning on taking the dsst test for my English 2 course can't remember the name but I think there were a couple choices that would count

Advanced English Comp is the test - all multiple choice. It's new. Please give a review when you take it, I would love to know how it stacks up to the English Comp Modular w/o Essay CLEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Regretfully, I am residing in South Korea and the options for CLEP and DSST testing is unavailable to me in its entirety. While there are facilities for CLEP and DSST in Korea, my inquiry received the response that they are reserved strictly for US Military Personnel.

Regarding English, I did look at the options provided in the list itself but was hoping to receive feedback regarding which would be the easier or cheaper options out of them all. I will aim to do American Government through Davar, and probably will do Oral Communications through them as well if a speech/video is required regardless of source. I did sign up for the $99 deal at the beginning of June, and with $15 per test, I wanted to take advantage of it as much as possible.

As always, I do appreciate the input, dfrecore and collegelady2.
dfrecore Wrote:Advanced English Comp is the test - all multiple choice. It's new. Please give a review when you take it, I would love to know how it stacks up to the English Comp Modular w/o Essay CLEP.

It might be a minute before I get around to it although I should just take it then if I fail I can wait my mandatory wait period to retake. But knowing me it will get pushed off till next year. Hopefully I'll find some more reviews of what to study before I take it.
Collegelady2 Wrote:It might be a minute before I get around to it although I should just take it then if I fail I can wait my mandatory wait period to retake. But knowing me it will get pushed off till next year. Hopefully I'll find some more reviews of what to study before I take it.

I'm guessing that if you took the CLEP and found it easy, you should find this very doable.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
In the (hopefully) final stretch to complete my plan, I would like to present my updated academic progress and plan for review!

Light yellow indicates planned classes that I hope to pass. If I fail then it will throw a major wrench into the entire system moving forward, but for now moving forward with optimism!

For English Composition I/II, I have elected for Study.com due to three reasons:
• They appear to be the fastest/easiest option to satisfy TESU requirements
• I will need to take part in some study.com courses regardless to take advantage of the Study.com affiliation benefits, which far outweigh the costs of the courses themselves
• I am unable to take CLEP/DSST due to residing in South Korea and not being of US Military.

For Diversity, I am likely to aim towards Introduction to Sociology via Straighterline. If there are better options that will satisfy this requirement, I would be more than grateful for any input on this one.
• This is not ideal due to the costs involved, but something I am willing to consider.
• I attempted to move SOC-160 into this slot but was rejected by TESU. Sad

For Civic Engagement, I am actually looking to take American Government through Davar Academy per dfrecore's suggestion, but this is something I don't feel confident in passing.
• History is a severe weak point, particularly that of a different country than my own. With nothing to lose but $15 I do intend on taking the exam to see what happens, but I am not hopeful and am aiming to prepare a backup plan.
• I was potentially thinking Comparative Politics from Saylor Academy due to cost and a system that appears to be similar to Davar Academy, but uncertain on how it transfers into TESU nor the difficulty.

For General Management - AOS, I am missing one Upper Level Class in either the Finance or Accounting area. I am hopeful for a pass but the materials seem more difficult to absorb than the other Davar Exams.
• Any backup options for this one would be very much appreciated, in case something does happen.

Cheers!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">David - TESU 2017 BSBA GM & CIS.xlsx (Size: 103.9 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA in Computer Information Systems (120/120) and General Management (120/120)
First course started on June 1, 2017.  Last course finished on July 31, 2017.

Davar: ACC-101 • ACC-102 • FIN-301 • MAN-301 • MAN-372 • ECO-111 • ECO-112 • MAN-373 • CIS-301 • FIN-334 • LAW-201 • COM-209 • MAR-310 • MAR-330
ALEKS: STA-201 • MAT-121 • MAT-115 • MAT-129   Study.com: ENC-101 • ENC-102 • POS-110 • SOC-101
ACTFL: KOR-393   SOPHIA: HRM-299   Institues: PHI-384  TESU: BUS-421

scoriae Wrote:In the (hopefully) final stretch to complete my plan, I would like to present my updated academic progress and plan for review!

Light yellow indicates planned classes that I hope to pass. If I fail then it will throw a major wrench into the entire system moving forward, but for now moving forward with optimism!

For English Composition I/II, I have elected for Study.com due to three reasons: this is a good option for your situation

For Diversity, I am likely to aim towards Introduction to Sociology via Straighterline. Study.com has this as well

For Civic Engagement, SL and Study.com have American Gov
• I was potentially thinking Comparative Politics from Saylor Academy due to cost and a system that appears to be similar to Davar Academy, but uncertain on how it transfers into TESU nor the difficulty. this will work as well, no idea on difficulty

For General Management - AOS, Study.com can work here as well, either Applied Accounting or Advanced Accounting - one is supposed to be easier than the other

Cheers!

I think Study.com might be your best bet going forward, and if you take multiple courses in a month (more than 2) then you save a little money as well ($70 per exam after the first 2).
scoriae Wrote:I was potentially thinking Comparative Politics from Saylor Academy due to cost and a system that appears to be similar to Davar Academy, but uncertain on how it transfers into TESU nor the difficulty.

It's supposed to be pretty easy. You can view the course materials for free anytime. You only pay for the proctoring through ProctorU.

Ideas Wrote:It's supposed to be pretty easy. You can view the course materials for free anytime. You only pay for the proctoring through ProctorU.

I would agree with dfrecore and recommend completing the courses you need at Study.com vs Straighterline in your case.
Since you're on a roll with Davar, take that final course at Davar and see if you pass, if not take it at Study.com, skip Saylor if that is not your cup of tea.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Davar has been a godsend in knocking out courses quickly at a cheap cost. I'm getting pretty fried though Sad

Thank you all for your inputs; looks like I have a solid plan of action moving forward!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA in Computer Information Systems (120/120) and General Management (120/120)
First course started on June 1, 2017.  Last course finished on July 31, 2017.

Davar: ACC-101 • ACC-102 • FIN-301 • MAN-301 • MAN-372 • ECO-111 • ECO-112 • MAN-373 • CIS-301 • FIN-334 • LAW-201 • COM-209 • MAR-310 • MAR-330
ALEKS: STA-201 • MAT-121 • MAT-115 • MAT-129   Study.com: ENC-101 • ENC-102 • POS-110 • SOC-101
ACTFL: KOR-393   SOPHIA: HRM-299   Institues: PHI-384  TESU: BUS-421

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,975 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore