Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing out?
By any chance, are there any test-out/ACE options so far for graduate studies?
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra (1/17), Intermediate Algebra (1/17), Trigonometry (2/17). (9 crs)
ACTFL: Oral Proficiency (2/17). (9 crs)
The Institutes: Ethics (1/17). (2 crs)
NFA: Supervision (1/17), Community Safety (1/17). (2 crs)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (2/17), Essentials of Managing Conflict (4/18). (2 crs)
Study.com: Personal Finance (2/17), Human Growth and Development (2/17). (6 crs)
TEEX: Everyone (1/17), Business (1/17), IT (1/17). (6 crs)

36 ACE credits total.
Very little. There are VESi credits which are in the education field.

VESi is not ACE or a test out option. They are similar to independent study courses, but can be cheaper.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Statistics.com has a number of courses that are ACE-accredited for grad credit. They're not test-out, but each class only lasts 4 weeks, so they're quick. (And the right combo of 4 of them gives you a TESU grad certificate. So there's that, if you dig statistics/analytics.)

As for purely test-out, the only one I can think of is Heriot-Watt, who offer widely-recognized MSc, MBA, and DBA programs, as well as individual courses (if that's your thing). And those exams are not for the faint of heart. But literally you pay the fee, get the materials, study your butt off, and sit the exam when you're ready. The DBA does require a thesis.
Quote:And the right combo of 4 of them gives you a TESU grad certificate. So there's that, if you dig statistics/analytics.

That's great to hear. Could you please elaborate a little more on that?
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra (1/17), Intermediate Algebra (1/17), Trigonometry (2/17). (9 crs)
ACTFL: Oral Proficiency (2/17). (9 crs)
The Institutes: Ethics (1/17). (2 crs)
NFA: Supervision (1/17), Community Safety (1/17). (2 crs)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (2/17), Essentials of Managing Conflict (4/18). (2 crs)
Study.com: Personal Finance (2/17), Human Growth and Development (2/17). (6 crs)
TEEX: Everyone (1/17), Business (1/17), IT (1/17). (6 crs)

36 ACE credits total.
masrat858 Wrote:That's great to hear. Could you please elaborate a little more on that?

Presumably, SolarKat is speaking about this certificate.

Just click on the links under the required coursework and it will drop you at the relevant Statistics.com class. Four of those at ~$600/course ($200/credit, not bad for graduate work) and you've got your certificate.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Thorne Wrote:Presumably, SolarKat is speaking about this certificate.

Just click on the links under the required coursework and it will drop you at the relevant Statistics.com class. Four of those at ~$600/course ($200/credit, not bad for graduate work) and you've got your certificate.

They also give an "academic affiliation" discount when you register - select that options and enter TESU (or whatever). It varies by course but seems to be in the ballpark of 10-15%

ETA - Be aware that the TESU Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics uses courses that are completely different from those required for the TESU MBA/Data Analytics. There is ZERO overlap. So if your goal is the TESU MBA/DA, then save the $ for the in-house classes @ TESU.

Also, Statistics.com offer their own credentials for certain combinations of classes - you may find you can add to your ACE transcript plus get a credential.
masrat858 Wrote:By any chance, are there any test-out/ACE options so far for graduate studies?

masrat858 Wrote:That's great to hear. Could you please elaborate a little more on that?

Before you search for any graduate studies by 'testing' out, you need to know what 'field' or study it's going to be in.
Otherwise, the info provided to you may not be suitable. You should provide us more details of what you're looking for.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
SolarKat Wrote:Statistics.com has a number of courses that are ACE-accredited for grad credit. They're not test-out, but each class only lasts 4 weeks, so they're quick. (And the right combo of 4 of them gives you a TESU grad certificate. So there's that, if you dig statistics/analytics.)

As for purely test-out, the only one I can think of is Heriot-Watt, who offer widely-recognized MSc, MBA, and DBA programs, as well as individual courses (if that's your thing). And those exams are not for the faint of heart. But literally you pay the fee, get the materials, study your butt off, and sit the exam when you're ready. The DBA does require a thesis.

Hi SolarKat, I was curious and checked out the programs at Heriot-Watt - do you have any experience or knowledge with them? Or know anyone who does? I am reading their website and they seem to grant equivalency exemptions for the core courses of their master's programs, which if true, would mean I'd only need to take four elective courses with them to earn their MS.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
jessikalauren Wrote:Hi SolarKat, I was curious and checked out the programs at Heriot-Watt - do you have any experience or knowledge with them? Or know anyone who does? I am reading their website and they seem to grant equivalency exemptions for the core courses of their master's programs, which if true, would mean I'd only need to take four elective courses with them to earn their MS.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Here's the form, which provides more details. But in summary, if I'm reading correctly, a relevant bachelors degree could give you one exemption, 2 relevant bachelors degrees could give you 2 exemptions. And postgraduate coursework could be transfered in. But they won't take individual undergraduate classes and map them onto the masters degree. Further, there's a max of 2 exemptions (and a cost of about US$180 per exemption or credit, *each*). And there's a max of 4 (2 exempt/2 credits, or 4 credits only). The EBS representatives are extremely responsive, so if the program interests you, give them a shout. Also, the exams are *not* for the faint of heart - you might want to ask to see past papers so you can gauge the level they're looking for...it's quite rigorous.

Exemption/transfer policy/request form - EBS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing Out of an MBA canaheim 10 2,927 10-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Masters Program after testing out of the majority of undergrad courses (LSUS?) Decius73 2 1,321 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Prloko