• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Finance AOS options
For the 18 finance credits I see:
Tecep, Money & Banking (UL)
Tecep or DSST, Security Analysis (UL)
Corporate Finance (UL)
International Finance (UL)
Study.com, Financial Mgmt (LL)

Do you know of any inexpensive options for a 2nd LL course? Study.com's Personal Finance won't work, right? Perhaps Business Statistics?

Maybe a real estate finance course that's ACE recommended?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
StoicJ Wrote:For the 18 finance credits I see:
Tecep, Money & Banking (UL)
Tecep or DSST, Security Analysis (UL)
Corporate Finance (UL)
International Finance (UL)
Study.com, Financial Mgmt (LL)

Do you know of any inexpensive options for a 2nd LL course? Study.com's Personal Finance won't work, right? Perhaps Business Statistics?

Correct, Personal Finance is a free elective only. Double check the Financial Management course...that may only be 2 credits.
Financial management is the same as intro to finance. It will go in the core. Business statistics won't work either. Ask TESU about the CSU Global CBE for Managerial Economics.

There is no DSST for Security Analysis. The DSST is Money and Banking and duplicates the TECEP for Financial Institutions and Markets or whatever it's called. There's no Money and Banking TECEP.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • StoicJ
StoicJ Wrote:For the 18 finance credits I see:
Tecep, Money & Banking (UL) - DSST only ECO-322
Tecep or DSST, Security Analysis (UL) - TECEP only FIN-321
Corporate Finance (UL) - Davar or PF FIN-311
International Finance (UL) - Davar FIN-334
Study.com, Financial Mgmt (LL) - this comes in as FIN-100, Intro to Finance - not certain they will let you use it in the AOS, but ask and see

Maybe a real estate finance course that's ACE recommended?

Here is what I have:

Financial Institutions and Markets FIN-331 (I would consider this a duplicate of the Money & Banking DSST, but I've heard you can use this).

And then I think CSU-Global's Assessing & Managing Risk should work (it comes in under the Project Management area of CSU-Global, but Risk Management is one of the courses listed on the Finance degree as an elective).

Financial Performance in Ops Management might work as well.

Whatever you do, I would get them pre approved. We know Davar will work, we know the TECEP's will work, not sure of the Study.com course, not sure of the possible DSST duplicate, not sure of CSU-Global's courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Yenisei
dfrecore Wrote:Here is what I have:

Financial Institutions and Markets FIN-331 (I would consider this a duplicate of the Money & Banking DSST, but I've heard you can use this).

And then I think CSU-Global's Assessing & Managing Risk should work (it comes in under the Project Management area of CSU-Global, but Risk Management is one of the courses listed on the Finance degree as an elective).

Financial Performance in Ops Management might work as well.

Whatever you do, I would get them pre approved. We know Davar will work, we know the TECEP's will work, not sure of the Study.com course, not sure of the possible DSST duplicate, not sure of CSU-Global's courses.

The TESU website states that it's a duplicate.

BSBA Degree in Finance at Thomas Edison State University
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:The TESU website states that it's a duplicate.

Yes, but then someone on here said that TESU put both into the AOS for them, so I don't know if they still consider it a duplicate, or if someone there made a mistake.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESU told me the Study.com course is FIN-100 Intro to Finance, but the transfer guide shows it as FIN-200 Intro to Finance. I don't know if that matters or not.
There's also an UL Intro to Finance for the DSST. It's a requirement for the business core. I doubt TESU will let you use it in the AOS, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Oops, I meant to say the Money & Banking (3 UL) was the DSST, not the Security Analysis.

Financial Mgmt (Study.com FIN-104) is supposed to TESU transfer as FIN-200, but, yeah, only 2 credits (2 LL). That screws things up a little. May verify AOS with adviser.

TECEP for Security Analysis (3 UL). I am working on Davar Corporate Finance (3 UL) and may wait til this weekend to take the exam, and next week I will do Davar Multinational Business Finance aka International Finance (3 UL).

It does look like there are a handful of CSU Global CBE's that would make sense as Finance AOS courses. I also browsed ACE course descriptions with "risk", "finance", "investment", etc. and there appear to be a few offerings with decent prices, and credits vary from 1-3. Obviously TESU can accept or not. An online TESU course is around $1350 with the affiliate discount, right?

I used to broker real estate notes years ago. Then I got into actual real estate and bought around 50+ houses and multi-families that I fixed up and sold. Dealt with lots of financing there. I think I may get back into that after I move to Latin America, maybe even some small-scale development, and work directly with banks and institutional investors to set up financing programs for buyers. If I go GM, I can wrap up the degree requirements before I leave the country, and I will say I have a bachelor's in business administration. If I go the Finance route, I wouldn't finish until perhaps November, and I'd say my bachelor's is in finance. Not sure how much it will matter.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
StoicJ Wrote:Oops, I meant to say the Money & Banking (3 UL) was the DSST, not the Security Analysis.

Financial Mgmt (Study.com FIN-104) is supposed to TESU transfer as FIN-200, but, yeah, only 2 credits (2 LL). That screws things up a little. May verify AOS with adviser.

TECEP for Security Analysis (3 UL). I am working on Davar Corporate Finance (3 UL) and may wait til this weekend to take the exam, and next week I will do Davar Multinational Business Finance aka International Finance (3 UL).

It does look like there are a handful of CSU Global CBE's that would make sense as Finance AOS courses. I also browsed ACE course descriptions with "risk", "finance", "investment", etc. and there appear to be a few offerings with decent prices, and credits vary from 1-3. Obviously TESU can accept or not. An online TESU course is around $1350 with the affiliate discount, right?

I used to broker real estate notes years ago. Then I got into actual real estate and bought around 50+ houses and multi-families that I fixed up and sold. Dealt with lots of financing there. I think I may get back into that after I move to Latin America, maybe even some small-scale development, and work directly with banks and institutional investors to set up financing programs for buyers. If I go GM, I can wrap up the degree requirements before I leave the country, and I will say I have a bachelor's in business administration. If I go the Finance route, I wouldn't finish until perhaps November, and I'd say my bachelor's is in finance. Not sure how much it will matter.

Don't bother with a 2cr course in the AOS unless you have an additional 1cr course you can use there.

CSU-Global's CBE for Analyzing Financial Statements - even though CSU-G lists as a FIN course, it is considered an ACC course at TESU, so count that one out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore