Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Finance AOS options
Quickly going through ACE, I saw The Institutes' CPCU560 Financial Services Institutions, $276. American Bankers Association has a Commercial Lending, and Consumer Lending, each about $500. All are ACE-recommended 3 credits UL finance.

So if I go Finance AOS, I'd do:
TECEP, FIN321 Security Analysis & Portfolio Mgmt, 3 UL
TECEP, FIN331 Financial Institutions & Markets, 3 UL
Davar, FIN401 Corporate Finance, 3 UL
Davar, FIN310 Multinational Business Finance, 3 UL

Then I just need 6 LL credits, which seem to be hard to find.
I COULD take DSST's ECO322 Money & Banking, and hope it doesn't duplicate. It'd be a gamble of around $120.

So, I should call (or better to email?) my TESU adviser and ask what the Institutes' CPCU560 will come in as, as well as ask about CSU Global CBE "Assessing & Managing Risk" and "Financial Performance in Operations Management" ?

This month I should finish out everything but my AOS. I have 2 free Study.com's left for next month. Thinking of using one for Geometry, in case I go for a Mathematics AS. The other I'd use for Digital Marketing if I go AOS General Mgmt. If I commit to Finance I almost feel it'd be worth it to just take Financial Management instead and see if it gets bumped to 3-credit LL sometime before I take a different 3-credit finance course.
StoicJ Wrote:Quickly going through ACE, I saw The Institutes' CPCU560 Financial Services Institutions, $276. American Bankers Association has a Commercial Lending, and Consumer Lending, each about $500. All are ACE-recommended 3 credits UL finance.

So if I go Finance AOS, I'd do:
TECEP, FIN321 Security Analysis & Portfolio Mgmt, 3 UL
TECEP, FIN331 Financial Institutions & Markets, 3 UL
Davar, FIN401 Corporate Finance, 3 UL
Davar, FIN310 Multinational Business Finance, 3 UL

Then I just need 6 LL credits, which seem to be hard to find.
I COULD take DSST's ECO322 Money & Banking, and hope it doesn't duplicate. It'd be a gamble of around $120.

So, I should call (or better to email?) my TESU adviser and ask what the Institutes' CPCU560 will come in as, as well as ask about CSU Global CBE "Assessing & Managing Risk" and "Financial Performance in Operations Management" ?

This month I should finish out everything but my AOS. I have 2 free Study.com's left for next month. Thinking of using one for Geometry, in case I go for a Mathematics AS. The other I'd use for Digital Marketing if I go AOS General Mgmt. If I commit to Finance I almost feel it'd be worth it to just take Financial Management instead and see if it gets bumped to 3-credit LL sometime before I take a different 3-credit finance course.

I wouldn't waste my time with a course that's not 3cr in your AOS. It won't just get "bumped" to 3cr, and even if they did put it at 3cr, if they did that after you finished the course, you won't get the 3cr - you'll still only get 2cr. It's the number of credits it's worth when you pass that counts. You could wait to see if they change it, but there's no guarantee that will happen any time soon.

I would just contact your advisor and ask about the DSST, and then the CSU-Global courses. Those are considered UL at CSU-G, and they're $250.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You should also ask about the CSU Global CBE for Managerial Economics since some economics courses count as finance courses as evidenced by Money and Banking.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • StoicJ
Well, a bunch of things got in the way. I finished the major updates on my home in July, then it took a lot more time to pack things up and clear out of the house in August. Did not complete the BUS421 TECEP Sad

We left the USA and are in Costa Rica. After a month of exploring we have leased a home, bought furniture and set it up, and have the utilities and internet squared away. SO, ready to dive back in. My desire is to get an MBA, and to keep the cost low. Right now, the TESU BS option isn't looking so good. Since I missed out on the BUS421 TECEP, cost to complete the GM degree has jumped to around $4300, and Finance would run closer to $5000.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Well, you can't get an MBA without getting a Bachelor's. Even with having to take the capstone, TESU comes in lower than most other choices. Did you factor in the Study.com affiliate discounts?

http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Did you factor in the Study.com affiliate discounts?

Yes. Residency waiver should be $1800. Graduation fee $323. I believe the Business Capstone is going to be around $1347. So that's $3470, plus costs for the remaining classes. At the end of the day, not completing the TECEP "only" cost me about $1500. Getting the move completed was more important, so I don't suppose I should be regretting anything.
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
As long as you're able to finish, that's all that matters as you have "moving" to do. Things get in the way, just keep on trucking.
The Business Capstone is $1098 if you're using the Study.com pricing. Good luck, keep on moving and getting them all done...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • StoicJ
(10-11-2017, 11:42 AM)StoicJ Wrote: Did you factor in the Study.com affiliate discounts?

Yes. Residency waiver should be $1800. Graduation fee $323. I believe the Business Capstone is going to be around $1347. So that's $3470, plus costs for the remaining classes. At the end of the day, not completing the TECEP "only" cost me about $1500. Getting the move completed was more important, so I don't suppose I should be regretting anything.

The capstone (any TESU capstone or other online course) should cost $1098 if you have the Study.com affiliate membership.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ
Sucks that I have to take the more expensive route, but I did get the house sold right away. 23 days from the time I stuck a FSBO sign in the yard to closing Smile  

Paying $1098 more doesn't seem so bad.
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes StoicJ's post:
  • Ideas
(10-11-2017, 11:42 AM)StoicJ Wrote: Did you factor in the Study.com affiliate discounts?

Hi! I have applied for the residency waiver to register for the LIB-495 capstone. When I register for the capstone it forces me to take the cornerstone also and comes up at $1797.00. Please confirm this is correct with the Study.com affiliate discount. Also, I was going to take Nevels. Is he my best option?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,319 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore