Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Finance AOS options
(10-13-2017, 01:05 PM)germ Wrote: Hi! I have applied for the residency waiver to register for the LIB-495 capstone. When I register for the capstone it forces me to take the cornerstone also and comes up at $1797.00. Please confirm this is correct with the Study.com affiliate discount. Also, I was going to take Nevels. Is he my best option?

Definitely NOT correct for the Study.com discount. The cornerstone should be waived, and the capstone should be $1098.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you davewill. I'll hold off until I get the proper pricing. Much appreciative!!
I'm ready to start back up.

For the BSBA in finance I have 11 courses remaining.
DAVAR- Corporate Finance / International Finance
STUDY- Intro to Stats / International Management
Ed4Credit- Money & Banking
TECEP- Security Analysis / Financial Institutions
SAYLOR- Marketing / Management / Managerial Communications
CSU Global- Analyzing Financial Statements
TESU- Strategic Management

I could possibly finish all except Strategic Management by early April. TESU received my ACE transcript on 01/08, so hopefully some Study.com courses I completed will get placed soon, and then they can note my Study affiliation.

My student status is "Out-Of-State Tuition Only". Start date says "06/14/17".

When do you think I should register for TESU BUS-421 ?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(01-17-2018, 02:02 AM)StoicJ Wrote: CSU Global- Analyzing Financial Statements

Just an FYI, TESU has told others that this won't come in as a FIN course, so you're going to need to replace it with something else.  Possibly Assessing & Managing Risk instead, but you'll need to get it planned in before you take it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ
(01-17-2018, 02:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 02:02 AM)StoicJ Wrote: CSU Global- Analyzing Financial Statements

Just an FYI, TESU has told others that this won't come in as a FIN course, so you're going to need to replace it with something else.  Possibly Assessing & Managing Risk instead, but you'll need to get it planned in before you take it.

Thank you.  Sad   I figured I'd need to verify, in the next few weeks, that the Ed4Credit and CSU-G courses would come in right. Forum member Ideas is taking a CSU Finance CBE I think. Will see what response she's received.

If I cannot find suitable FIN options I am okay with the GM degree. I'll swap some easier Study.com biz courses for the TECEPs. That'll require less effort, save me a few hundred dollars, plus I'll wrap things up a bit sooner. Also 10 classes instead of 11.
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
I'm doing Funding Sources for Small Business, but you would need to get it planned into your degree to be sure. I think that you would get different answers from different employees at TESU. I got many different answers. There is also Managerial Economics or Financial Performance in Operations Management. One of those may work. I believe most ECON ones work as FIN.

I'm mad at myself for saving FIN exams until the end because the Financial Institutions TECEP seems rather hard to me. I would suggest doing some of the cheaper FIN first so you don't spend on the CSU-Global unless you need.

Yeah I would verify which are UL. Also I would get the Capstone out of the way as soon as possible.

(01-17-2018, 02:02 AM)StoicJ Wrote: ...

That depends on when you want to graduate. In order to get the Study.com discount you need to go no later than the June term. I suppose you might be OK with the July term since you would be paying the tuition in June, but I'd want confirmation before relying on that. That sets one limit. If you want to graduate in Sept, then May is the last term you can start in. If June graduation is in your sights, then you need to late register right now for the Feb term.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • StoicJ, Yenisei
(01-17-2018, 01:31 PM)davewill Wrote:

That depends on when you want to graduate. In order to get the Study.com discount you need to go no later than the June term. I suppose you might be OK with the July term since you would be paying the tuition in June, but I'd want confirmation before relying on that. That sets one limit. If you want to graduate in Sept, then May is the last term you can start in. If June graduation is in your sights, then you need to late register right now for the Feb term.

I definitely want to get the Study.com discount. I just went to register for BUS421, but my total came out to $1647. I imagine that is regular price, plus the $300 cornerstone (statement I accessed does not break down the charges :/ ). I just had a Study.com transcript sent to TESU, and they received 01/08, so I emailed Academic Advising asking that my profile be updated. Hopefully we can have that taken care of soon so I can register.

Thanks!
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
I am thinking of registering for the LIB495 Capstone as My student status is "Out-Of-State Tuition Only". Start date says "06/14/17" as well.
Just wondering, which term did you register the BUS421? I plan to pay for everything once my Study.com transcript gets evaluated later this month as I am starting two courses there (Personal Finance for free elective credit and then taking Presentation Skills for the workplace).
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(01-17-2018, 04:39 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 01:31 PM)davewill Wrote:

I definitely want to get the Study.com discount. I just went to register for BUS421, but my total came out to $1647. I imagine that is regular price, plus the $300 cornerstone (statement I accessed does not break down the charges :/ ). I just had a Study.com transcript sent to TESU, and they received 01/08, so I emailed Academic Advising asking that my profile be updated. Hopefully we can have that taken care of soon so I can register.

Thanks!

Looks like they don't have the Study.com affiliate membership activated for you, as the Cornerstone would be waived, and the tuition would be $1097.  You need to contact them and get that applied so you can register for the correct price.

Also, right now is late registration for the Feb term, which adds a cost to the price.  So you need to wait until 1/19, and then register for the March term instead (if you were looking to save some money).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,997 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,669 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,741 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,333 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,391 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore