Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with a TESU degree plan for BA in English
Double check with TESU to make sure that Saylor's Human Comm course will satisfy the Oral Comm requirement - I haven't heard that it will.

Also, Saylor's Sociology course is only 1cr, probably won't satisfy the diversity requirement. They will give you a waiver for a 2cr course, but I'm guessing they won't give you one for a 1cr course.

The US History and Western Civ CLEP exams are 4 exams worth 3cr each, not 2 exams worth 6cr each.

Shmoop's Intro to Education won't come in as a Gen Ed Elective, it's a Free Elective.

Make sure your English Comp CLEP is WITH essay. If you don't take the essay portion, it only counts as Eng Comp I.

And, if you want a free course, the Insurance Ethics course through The Institutes is free. 2cr, but you'll get a waiver, and then will need to make it up in Gen Ed electives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-09-2017, 01:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Double check with TESU to make sure that Saylor's Human Comm course will satisfy the Oral Comm requirement - I haven't heard that it will.

Also, Saylor's Sociology course is only 1cr, probably won't satisfy the diversity requirement.  They will give you a waiver for a 2cr course, but I'm guessing they won't give you one for a 1cr course.

The US History and Western Civ CLEP exams are 4 exams worth 3cr each, not 2 exams worth 6cr each.

Shmoop's Intro to Education won't come in as a Gen Ed Elective, it's a Free Elective.

Make sure your English Comp CLEP is WITH essay.  If you don't take the essay portion, it only counts as Eng Comp I.

And, if you want a free course, the Insurance Ethics course through The Institutes is free.  2cr, but you'll get a waiver, and then will need to make it up in Gen Ed electives.

Wow. Thanks for that. That was thorough. I'm aware that the history CLEPs are two individual 3-credit tests, as I already have the US History I and II tests done. I was just combining to save space and keep it from going to two pages in Word.

I've switched out the sociology from Saylor with the DSST Intro to World Religions, which I was interested in doing anyways for the learning experience. Also switched out Intro to Education for Intro to Psychology on Shmoop. I will get the official word on the Saylor Human Communication course when I get through the enrollment process, and make changes as necessary, and I will be sure to get the English Comp with Essay CLEP when I take it.

I can't thank you enough for your help! Y'all are the best. Big Grin

Attached Files
.pdf   TE BA in English Degree Plan V4.pdf (Size: 43.77 KB / Downloads: 29)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic