Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
study.com Presentation Skills in the Workplace
(09-22-2017, 12:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 12:22 PM)ECH90 Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 11:27 AM)Study.com Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your comments and feedback. We confirmed with NCCRS that this is the correct transcript process, but we totally understand this is not ideal, and your frustration is valid. We are still actively working with TESU to create a better pathway for NCCRS transcript requests that would not require you to go through Excelsior. In the meantime, if you need to request an NCCRS transcript, please contact support@study.com. We'll keep you updated as we improve our processes.

Thank you all so much,
The Study.com Team

It appears the issue remains that TESU will not accept this transcript. so anyone who attends TESU should not take any Nccrs courses through Study.com as it would be a waist of money?

Or Study.com does whatever they were doing prior to this goofy Excelsior thing?  I mean, this is totally new, isn't it?  And no one else is doing it this way that I can see.

If Davar can figure this out, and do it for free, then so can Study.com.  There has GOT to be a simple way for them to do this, otherwise they need to stop offering these courses until they can figure out what they're doing over there.  This is crazy!

And the fact that they are blaming the process, and saying they are trying to work it out with TESU, rather than just fixing the problem immediately (going back to what they were doing before) - I expect better out of them.  In the past, they have come clean and told us what the issue was, and how they were addressing it.  Now it seems like they're trying to pass the buck.
Yes =( "We confirmed with NCCRS that this is the correct transcript process" Davar's Course's go through NCCRS and you do not have to go through Excelsior and pay a High fee for the "transcript". I am assuming NCCRS confirmed that for them this was acceptable; However, It is not the usual way of doing things. This is disappointing to say the least.
(09-22-2017, 11:27 AM)Study.com Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your comments and feedback. We confirmed with NCCRS that this is the correct transcript process, but we totally understand this is not ideal, and your frustration is valid. We are still actively working with TESU to create a better pathway for NCCRS transcript requests that would not require you to go through Excelsior. In the meantime, if you need to request an NCCRS transcript, please contact support@study.com. We'll keep you updated as we improve our processes.

Thank you all so much,
The Study.com Team

Did they say it was THE correct process or A correct process? There is a difference. If there are other options you're exploring, then it's not THE correct process. Saylor and Davar don't do this. I haven't heard anyone say that they had to get a credit bank transcript for NOCTI or Coopersmith. TESU's requirement is reasonable and not out of the norm.

Stop being lazy and cheap and issue your own transcripts. The amount of effort it takes to send Excelsior information is about the same amount of effort it would take to email a transcript to TESU and other schools. A lot of schools accept transcripts electronically. Maybe your company should hire me because I clearly know more than your current employees. I'm surprised Excelsior didn't tell you this wouldn't work.

If students can contact support and get a transcript, then why don't you continue doing that? Are you admitting that you are capable of issuing transcripts? Is it that you just don't want to? I don't see what the problem is.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-22-2017, 04:38 PM)sanantone Wrote: Stop being lazy and cheap and issue your own transcripts. The amount of effort it takes to send Excelsior information is about the same amount of effort it would take to email a transcript to TESU and other schools. A lot of schools accept transcripts electronically. Maybe your company should hire me because I clearly know more than your current employees. I'm surprised Excelsior didn't tell you this wouldn't work.

If students can contact support and get a transcript, then why don't you continue doing that? Are you admitting that you are capable of issuing transcripts? Is it that you just don't want to? I don't see what the problem is.

That was my feeling.  It cannot be more work to just send a transcript to the student/school than to send the exact same info to Excelsior!  Honestly.  It would probably take 5 minutes to design a transcript template, and a programmer maybe an hour to create the script to get this done.

I have a friend who created the online license registration renewal for the State of CA DMV, and it took him 5 minutes!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
A programmer who is trying to pad his time sheet, maybe Wink
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Quote:Since it's from EC, and it was a Study.com NCCRS-approved course, I'm not sure why they wouldn't take it?

Quote:I have official word from TESU now!! The following note was just posted to the bottom of my Academic Evaluation:

"Your Excelsior College transcript lists credits which appear to be transfer credit Study.Com. TESU requires original transcripts from all institutions attended in order for credit to be awarded. Please have an official transcript from the original source of credit sent to the Office of the Registrar, Thomas Edison State University, 111 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608-1176 so that it may be reviewed to determine if credit can be awarded. ======"

I contacted Study.com to let them know TESU would not accept the EC credit bank transcript. Hopefully, this will get straightened out and Study.com will be able to send over an NCCRS transcript directly so that no one else has to waste the $40 on an EC transcript.

Following up to share that Study.com created a transcript today to send directly to TESU. I’m just waiting on it to arrive. They updated their transcript FAQ today but it still lists the EC process: http://support.study.com/support/solutio...from-nccrs-
[-] The following 1 user Likes DIGI-212's post:
  • MooSaysCow
Quote:Since colleges and universities more readily award credit for courses listed on a regionally accredited college or university transcript, we have partnered with Excelsior College for our NCCRS transcript service.

This is even worse because it's not true. It also says that they're trying to be deceptive. NCCRS credits are NCCRS credits. Colleges list the origin of the credits, so many schools are going to wonder where those courses came from. WGU pays very close attention to the origin of credits. I wasn't even a matriculated student at a few schools and had no intention of transferring credits from them, and WGU still required that I send them every single transcript from every single organization and school mentioned on my TESU transcript.

They know that most of their students are attending the Big 3 and WGU. These schools already accept NCCRS credits and are partners. This seems like they're trying to trick students into thinking that they can transfer Study.com credits just about anywhere if they're on an Excelsior transcript. Either the school accepts NCCRS or it doesn't. Study.com is trying to get students to waste money on their courses and Excelsior transcripts.

Even though I didn't like their courses and believe they could really use a real instructional design and better animators, I had respect for what Study.com was doing with high school students, the Guardianship scholarship, and free courses for residents of a couple of cities. I'm starting to lose respect for them because this is just ridiculous. They also lied to us, their biggest customers. This was never about a process that NCCRS said was the "correct transcript process." This was about Study.com trying to deceive more schools into accepting their credits and misleading their customers into believing that this will work.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Hey DIGI 212,

Did you call TESU to find out more info regarding the approval of this course? TESU (609) 777-5680
Did you email them? registrar@tesu.edu
Can you post their response?
Lets get it right - to help everyone else who plans to take this course for credit.

From the NCCRS website:

Steps for Transfer Credit

Step One: Check out the CCRS Online Directory to determine if the organization who sponsored the course or program had the course evaluated for college credit recommendations through NCCRS. If you cannot find the organization in our directory, be sure to look under Former Members (http://www.nationalccrs.org/former-members).
Please note: NCCRS cannot evaluate courses unless contracted to do so by the organization offering the learning; NCCRS does not evaluate individual student transcripts for college credit equivalencies.
Step Two: Contact the registrar at the organization who sponsored the course (or exam) and request that an official transcript be sent to the college or university of your choice. NCCRS does NOT issue transcripts.
Step Three: Upon application to a college/university, meet with an academic advisor and review your transcript. Ask about their PLA (prior learning assessment) process or policies. Tell them about the CCRS Online directory should they need detailed information about the course and credit recommendation.
Step Four: If you encounter problems with your transfer credit request, please submit a Request for Assistance Form so NCCRS can advocate on your behalf.

Hey DIGI 212,

Please, let us know if you try Step Four and get results.
Quote:Step Four: If you encounter problems with your transfer credit request, please submit a Request for Assistance Form so NCCRS can advocate on your behalf.
Hey DIGI 212,
Please, let us know if you try Step Four and get results.

Study.com sent a transcript to TESU on Friday. I will update you on what it comes in as when my academic evaluation posts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DIGI-212's post:
  • dfrecore
DIGI 212, Ok thanks. I sent Study.com a note regarding this situation since my son is taking this course as well.
Hopefully, no other student who takes this course will have to go the extra mile just to get it added to their TESU transcript.
Study.com/NCCRS should work it for future students.
(09-24-2017, 03:31 PM)retire2018 Wrote: DIGI 212,   Ok thanks. I sent Study.com a note regarding this situation since my son is taking this course as well.
Hopefully, no other student who takes this course will have to go the extra mile just to get it added to their TESU transcript.
Study.com/NCCRS should work it for future students.

This is 100% a Study.com issue, nothing to do with NCCRS at all.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,478 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,673 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue