Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone willing to take a crack at my old transcripts?
Because it doesn't represent any kind of depth of knowledge?

Also, as Ideas mentioned, I'd have deficits in credits that can be made up so that means i do need more math? :ack:
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
dfrecore,

How wonderful of you to have made me that plan! I have the spreadsheets but I had no idea how to plug everything in. Does the dark blue mean you believe that course to be satisfied by what I took, and the light blue means not sure?

Forgive me, I'm a little slow today... If the degree requ for Gen Ed is 3 credits of Quan Literacy, and I have 2, then I still need more math? And that goes for some of the other specifics? I have a 2 credit English Comp, so even when I take English Comp I, I will still be down a credit.

I guess what I am trying to understand is how the waivers work? I get that I need a total of 120 to graduate, and it is at their discretion if I am waived one credit in math so long as I have an extra credit somewhere else?

(I keep asking about math because I don't want to do more math Tongue)
Amy
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
originalamyj Wrote:dfrecore,

How wonderful of you to have made me that plan! I have the spreadsheets but I had no idea how to plug everything in. Does the dark blue mean you believe that course to be satisfied by what I took, and the light blue means not sure?

Forgive me, I'm a little slow today... If the degree requ for Gen Ed is 3 credits of Quan Literacy, and I have 2, then I still need more math? And that goes for some of the other specifics? I have a 2 credit English Comp, so even when I take English Comp I, I will still be down a credit.

I guess what I am trying to understand is how the waivers work? I get that I need a total of 120 to graduate, and it is at their discretion if I am waived one credit in math so long as I have an extra credit somewhere else?

(I keep asking about math because I don't want to do more math Tongue)

Dark blue is completed courses, and where they should come in. Light blue is completed courses with a D, which means that they can't be used in the AOS. i was just trying to differentiate on my side, because they are usable in the Gen Ed area.

Normally, when someone takes a 2cr course for a requirement, they get a 1cr waiver, which is then put down into Gen Ed Electives. You'll have a bunch, so you'll just have a bunch of extra Electives that you'll need to get. You need 60cr of Gen Ed total, and so after meeting requirements, and the different sections, Electives is remaining. So you won't need another math, ethics (if you take the free 2cr ethics course), english comp II, etc. Those specific requirements will be fulfilled.

For the AOS, you'll actually have to get more credits in the AOS if you don't have enough credits (no waivers allowed there). So if you have 15cr of UL required, and you have 14cr, you'd need to get an additional 1cr (or 3cr course) to fill that area.

Hope that explains it for you?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes thank you SO MUCH!! You've been a Godsend. Maybe this thread will help others too who come in with a bunch of quarter credits. ¯\_(ツWink_/¯

Now I'm going to go pour over both spreadsheets and decide if I want to major in English or just go with Lib Studies.

Thanks again everyone and esp defrecore!
Amy
originalamyj Wrote:Yes thank you SO MUCH!! You've been a Godsend. Maybe this thread will help others too who come in with a bunch of quarter credits. ¯\_(ツWink_/¯

Now I'm going to go pour over both spreadsheets and decide if I want to major in English or just go with Lib Studies.

Thanks again everyone and esp defrecore!

You're very welcome.

My advice would be to take any courses you need to complete the Gen Ed's, and take a few UL Shmoop courses to see how it goes. If you don't like Shmoop, then it's going to be hard to get the English degree. If you find that you can get through some courses, then get that English degree!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore, I have used your spreadsheet and plugged in where I think I can get credits easiest and fastest. Can you double check the BALS for me? I believe I would like a concentration in Humanities. The English degree seems out of reach at the moment because of the non-western lit requirement. But I will be a happy camper with the BALS.Hum degree! I just want to be sure I have plugged things in correctly for the way you have to split the credits between two subjects. The blue highlighted ones are completed. Oh, and this assumes the Study.com Guardian Scholarship which I am hoping for.
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Amy TESU 2016 BALS or Engl.xlsx (Size: 91.88 KB / Downloads: 3)
Amy
originalamyj Wrote:dfrecore, I have used your spreadsheet and plugged in where I think I can get credits easiest and fastest. Can you double check the BALS for me? I believe I would like a concentration in Humanities. The English degree seems out of reach at the moment because of the non-western lit requirement. But I will be a happy camper with the BALS.Hum degree! I just want to be sure I have plugged things in correctly for the way you have to split the credits between two subjects. The blue highlighted ones are completed. Oh, and this assumes the Study.com Guardian Scholarship which I am hoping for. Amy TESU 2016 BALS or Engl.xlsx

This will not work for a Humanities concentration - PSYCH, SOC, ECO, HIST - none are considered Humanities, they are all Social Sciences. Humanities are courses like Lit, English, Communications, Religion, Philosophy, Foreign Language, etc.

I would stick to a BALS without a concentration, or switch to the SocSci concentration instead (although then you would have to take out the Lit courses).
Ohhhhhhh. I knew I needed someone else to look at this. *facepalm* So if I stick to no concentration I can keep the lit classes it sounds like. I don't really want a SS concentration. That was once upon a time (psych major) and my interests have gone in a different direction. I still want that English degree, just wish there was a good non-western lit option.
Amy
originalamyj Wrote:Ohhhhhhh. I knew I needed someone else to look at this. *facepalm* So if I stick to no concentration I can keep the lit classes it sounds like. I don't really want a SS concentration. That was once upon a time (psych major) and my interests have gone in a different direction. I still want that English degree, just wish there was a good non-western lit option.

Honestly, I don't see the point in a concentration, so unless you're willing to pay for a non-western Lit course and get an English degree, I would just do the BALS.

APU has African Lit and Middle Eastern Lit, about $810/course. 8-week courses start the 1st of each month, you'd probably enjoy it, and you could finish the Shmoop courses you needed before the course started next month. Might be worth the wait and money...
dfrecore Wrote:Honestly, I don't see the point in a concentration, so unless you're willing to pay for a non-western Lit course and get an English degree, I would just do the BALS.

APU has African Lit and Middle Eastern Lit, about $810/course. 8-week courses start the 1st of each month, you'd probably enjoy it, and you could finish the Shmoop courses you needed before the course started next month. Might be worth the wait and money...

You are right. It's worth the money. I just need to save up a bit.

I recall reading about a Chinese Literature in Translation class at BYU that's only $550. But it's CHI 3xx something, not LIT or ENG. Have you heard if that one will work? Ive applied to TESU and my transcripts are in their way. I'm guessing after I get my Evaluation I'll be able to ask about stuff like that?
Amy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 679 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,098 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  PSA: Send transcripts early and check their receipt status promptly Ideas 2 1,042 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  How many transcripts do you have? eyrobinson 57 9,951 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ACE is switching how they transfer your transcripts BrighterFuture88 7 2,744 12-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Transcripts and grades study.com kier7141 3 1,176 05-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 1,479 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Free Clep and DSSt tests & transcripts FishNDip 5 2,471 10-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about DSST transcripts bigfloppydonkeyears 0 1,310 01-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: bigfloppydonkeyears