Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten University MBA Finishers?
Very well could be right on that. My wife is always saying I see the glass half full, so I am pretty sure they completed the program Wink

It's taxing to work at the level and could also see them pumping the brakes if they already acquired the 18 teaching credits needed.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(06-29-2017, 10:16 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Outside of a few completion posts (e.g. here & here), the rest of the Patten MBA posts all seem to just fade after midway in the program. I was wondering if we have any graduates within the last year or have some soon to be graduates.

Patten has an amazing tuition but if few actually graduate, it ends up not being a value savings at all. Reason for the post is I have a friend asking and would love to be able to share some recent success stories.

My reason for not finishing was completely unrelated to the school.   My plan is to finish it next year.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(12-27-2017, 02:14 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: My reason for not finishing was completely unrelated to the school.   My plan is to finish it next year.

Thanks for checking in GoodYellowDogs! I have you on my 2018 finishers list for Patten & glad to read you confirming it!!! Look forward to celebrating you next year!!!

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Any updates?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Here is the thread by the woman who finished in 4 months while pregnant and caring for a young kid: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-4-months

It might have been linked before, but the links broke because of the forum switch.

(06-29-2017, 10:16 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Outside of a few completion posts (e.g. here & here), the rest of the Patten MBA posts all seem to just fade after midway in the program. I was wondering if we have any graduates within the last year or have some soon to be graduates.

Patten has an amazing tuition but if few actually graduate, it ends up not being a value savings at all. Reason for the post is I have a friend asking and would love to be able to share some recent success stories.

I'm trying to get back into the saddle again.  My issues are not related to the school - I kind of like it - but related to my life, moves, kids, grandkids, etc.

I'm trying to start towards September again - to make the most out of this year and next year's tuition reimbursement.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Love hearing that it's still on the board for you. We are all cheering you from the sideline. Heck, I might even drive the family down for your graduation when it goes down Smile

They no longer hold graduation ceremonies, but that’s a nice sentiment. I like to see such comradery on the forums Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I remember hearing the update that they had stopped but who are we fooling; GoldenYellowDog is getting whatever she wants!! Smile

I just remember someone else who finished a Patten MBA - Armyb77, it's in their signature.
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017

I wonder if they have a little bit of time to "give some info" on the program, for prospective Patten students.
Not for me, but whoever may want to choose them in the future - would be helpful tips to know.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 185 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 705 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,845 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,096 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,299 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,634 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 661 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,281 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel