Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU No GPA and Goverment GS Levels
I probably should have really thought about this before graduating but I want to apply for a government program . If I can get accepted as a GS-7 that would be wonderful. problem is I don't have a GPA on my transcript so HR is like whatttt where is his GPA we can't do anything with this

To qualify for the GS-7 level, applicants must meet one of the following:

a) Completion of one full year of graduate level education in a related field;

OR

b) An undergraduate degree with superior academic achievement (demonstrated by one of the following): (1) Applicants must be in the upper third of their graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; OR (2) Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.0 of a possible 4.0 for all courses completed, during the last 2 years of the undergraduate curriculum; or grade point average of 3.5 of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the major curriculum; OR (3) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society;

Since TESU won't calculate a GPA you think I could get them to give me either (1) Applicants must be in the upper third of their graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; or 3 Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society;

Who should I be contacting about this? It would be of great benefit if I could figure out a way to meet one of these qualifications..

I am already on the phone but, if anyone has gone through this I would appreciate your help

That being said if there is a way I will figure it out and post what I find
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

yb1 Wrote:I probably should have really thought about this before graduating but I want to apply for a government program . If I can get accepted as a GS-7 that would be wonderful. problem is I don't have a GPA on my transcript so HR is like whatttt where is his GPA we can't do anything with this

To qualify for the GS-7 level, applicants must meet one of the following:

a) Completion of one full year of graduate level education in a related field;

OR

b) An undergraduate degree with superior academic achievement (demonstrated by one of the following): (1) Applicants must be in the upper third of their graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; OR (2) Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.0 of a possible 4.0 for all courses completed, during the last 2 years of the undergraduate curriculum; or grade point average of 3.5 of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the major curriculum; OR (3) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society;

Since TESU won't calculate a GPA you think I could get them to give me either (1) Applicants must be in the upper third of their graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; or 3 Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society;

Who should I be contacting about this? It would be of great benefit if I could figure out a way to meet one of these qualifications..

I am already on the phone but, if anyone has gone through this I would appreciate your help

That being said if there is a way I will figure it out and post what I find

You can't be in the upper 3rd of your graduating class without a GPA - that's the way they calculate the rankings. So that will be a no-go.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For the business school bachelors degree students, you need at min 24 institutional credits and min GPA 3.5 and rank in the upper 20% to qualify for the Sigma Beta Delta honor society.

http://www.tesu.edu/business/Sigma-Beta-Delta.cfm

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:For the business school bachelors degree students, you need at min 24 institutional credits and min GPA 3.5 and rank in the upper 20% to qualify for the Sigma Beta Delta honor society.

http://www.tesu.edu/business/Sigma-Beta-Delta.cfm

Yeah I think I'm SOL they told me that they could provide a letter that explains why their is no GPA and maybe I could contact my community college and use their GPA. If only I'd taken a 1 credit course and got an A I'd have a 4.0 lol
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL

Gen Man AOS-

yb1 Wrote:Yeah I think I'm SOL they told me that they could provide a letter that explains why their is no GPA and maybe I could contact my community college and use their GPA. If only I'd taken a 1 credit course and got an A I'd have a 4.0 lol

I can imagine that would only work in certain areas. In my industry, during the hiring process background check, companies confirm academic credentials. Some even require transcripts and/or diplomas. I remember once a new hire couldn't get his transcript so he had to bring in his actual diploma on first day to be verified by HR. The guy was a highly recommended ivy league must hire, but still had to meet the basic hiring guidelines.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Hmm. If you attended community college and they have a Phi Theta Kappa honor society (3.5 GPA required), maybe you could get them to sponsor you for membership? I don't know if you can join PTK if you're no longer enrolled in a community college, but it's a lifetime membership once you join, and since you actually do pay a small fee to join, they might be willing to take your money.

edit: just looked it up.

https://www.ptk.org/About/Membership/Eligibility.aspx

You must be enrolled in an accredited institution offering an associate degree program.
You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible).*
You must generally have a grade point average of 3.5.**
You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
You must adhere to the moral standards of the society.

So, if you desperately need a GPA/credential in an honor society and have qualifying work for an associates degree, maybe take a cheap summer class and join PTK if that's an option?
ladysoleil Wrote:Hmm. If you attended community college and they have a Phi Theta Kappa honor society (3.5 GPA required), maybe you could get them to sponsor you for membership? I don't know if you can join PTK if you're no longer enrolled in a community college, but it's a lifetime membership once you join, and since you actually do pay a small fee to join, they might be willing to take your money.

This would assume that the OP had GPA, which he/she already said they didn't have. They don't have a GPA anywhere.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:This would assume that the OP had GPA, which he/she already said they didn't have. They don't have a GPA anywhere.

I have a GPA through community college 44 credits. I think it's might be 3.3 though. Miss the 3.5 cut off that woulda been a good one though. I was on the dean list every year. Hmm something to think about
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL

Gen Man AOS-

yb1 Wrote:I have a GPA through community college 44 credits. I think it's might be 3.3 though. Miss the 3.5 cut off that woulda been a good one though. I was on the dean list every year. Hmm something to think about

YB1, may I ask what courses you have taken for your CIS dual degree? I know what I need for my General Management, Thank you.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
yb1 Wrote:I have a GPA through community college 44 credits. I think it's might be 3.3 though. Miss the 3.5 cut off that woulda been a good one though. I was on the dean list every year. Hmm something to think about

Ah. You said you didn't have a GPA. I assumed that to mean you completely tested out of your degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,975 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore