Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith
Hi,
I did a search but only found one review of Coopersmith (by jsd) and it was not very positive...
I am looking at a couple of their courses (Comparing Political Systems of the World and Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the United States). Does anyone else have an experience with Coopersmith that they could share? It would be great to have an idea of the course layout...are they all in a read the book and memorize minutiae format?
Thanks!
2018 TESU GRADUATE
BALS-SOCIAL SCIENCE 
CLEP:
A&I Literature 68  Intro to Sociology 61  Human Gr & Dev 70  Intro to Educational Psychology 68
Prin. of Management 71  Prin. of Marketing  72
ALEKS:
Interm. Algebra  73%
Sophia:
Dev. Effective Teams  96%
The Institutes:
Ethics & CPCU Code of Prof. Conduct  76%
Shmoop:
Modern European History  84%  Literature in the Media  82%  Holocaust Lit  90%
Women's Lit  87%  Shakespeare's Plays  87%
Straighterline:
Western Civ I  93%  Intro to Nutrition  87%  Macroecon  86%  Microecon  90%
Intro to Environmental Science  89%  Western Civ II  91%   Intro to Religion  98%
Cultural Anthropology  95%  US History I  90%  US History II  93%
Intro to Communication  93%  Organizational Behavior  91%
Study.com
Personal Finance  98%  History of the Vietnam War  97%  Abnormal Psychology  94%
Social Psychology  92%  Civil War & Reconstruction  87%   Human & Cultural Geography  94%
Ed4Credit
Aging & Society  97%
TESU
Capstone  100%
B&M Colleges
42 credits
I am also curious about what others have thought, I am looking at taking their survey of American literature courses and can't seem to find much on here.
Pursing BA in English at TESU - Started 06/26/2016

Shmoop
Foundations of Literature
Holocaust literature
(07-06-2017, 09:07 AM)Cdnbackpacker Wrote: I am also curious about what others have thought, I am looking at taking their survey of American literature courses and can't seem to find much on here.

Ive taken Coopersmith courses and they align well with the study materials they include with course! The videos (if included) really prepare you for the exam.

(07-03-2017, 07:02 PM)KAnn Wrote: Hi,
I did a search but only found one review of Coopersmith (by jsd) and it was not very positive...
I am looking at a couple of their courses (Comparing Political Systems of the World and Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the United States). Does anyone else have an experience with Coopersmith that they could share? It would be great to have an idea of the course layout...are they all in a read the book and memorize minutiae format?
Thanks!

Ive taken Coopersmith courses and they align well with the study materials they include with course! The videos (if included) really prepare you for the exam.
Any other reviews of Coopersmith? It looks like the price is right (around $150 per course), and they give you an entire year to take the final test. I'm always on the lookout for a great, no-rush/self-paced option!
I've only taken their History and Systems of Psychology exam (back when they were partnered with TorCC/Davar), and it was an awful setup. But this is a bad example, because a rep from Coopersmith has come here to say that it is a bad exam and they don't like the setup either. Now that Study.com has their own version of the course, I'd never recommend taking it at Coopersmith.

That being said, I don't recall ever hearing anything negative about their other exams. There's not a ton of praise for them, because I don't think as many people have tried them, but it doesn't seem like they get a lot of hate. And they do seems to have some unique options (along with a bunch of options that everyone provides).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I was kind of eyeing some of the tech./computer courses before passing the straighterline IT Fundamentals course. I still might take some, but not until after I finish my BSBA and certificates.
(10-23-2017, 04:48 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I was kind of eyeing some of the tech./computer courses before passing the straighterline IT Fundamentals course.  I still might take some, but not until after I finish my BSBA and certificates.

They have some computer courses that seem like they would work well for a WGU IT degree that you can't find elsewhere: Dynamic Web Design & Development, Intro to HTML5 and CSS3.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Has anyone confirmed that WGU accepts NCCRS? I think I've asked before but my memory is failing me
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(10-29-2017, 02:00 AM)jsd Wrote: Has anyone confirmed that WGU accepts NCCRS? I think I've asked before but my memory is failing me

I didn't even think to ask that!

So I went and searched on the NCCRS website, to see if they were a "cooperating college."  And not only were they NOT, but all of the schools I checked on their website (10 of them, all from CA), NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM lists NCCRS as credit they will grant.

NCCRS's website says this: "We welcome institutions to join our extensive list of over 1,500 Cooperating Colleges and Universities that have indicated a willingness to accept NCCRS (formerly National PONSI) credit recommendations. Become a Cooperating College today and create a college profile and post a logo to let over 200,000 students know that you recognize the potential of the adult or nontraditional student."

They listed almost all of the CSU-system schools, which don't even take ACE (except military), let alone NCCRS.  They listed tons of CC's, again, which don't take ACE.  A bunch of private schools.  Nothing I could find for any of these schools recognizes NCCRS at all.

I'm a little insulted at this point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I googled "nccrs site:.edu" and 13 pages of schools popped up. What was weird, though, is that WGU popped up; but, I couldn't find NCCRS anywhere on the page that came up on the google search. So, I tried searching "nccrs site:wgu.edu" and the same page popped up without any reference to NCCRS.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,365 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 566 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 431 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 4,019 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 565 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,029 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,266 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,244 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM