Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best school that offers Online-Only Master's Degrees?
SolarKat Wrote:...it kind of depends on the degree you're seeking. . . So "best schools" is somewhat subjective.

Oh, absolutely. I was asking in a more general sense. I'm not sure which program would suit my interests best as of yet, so I'm just gathering information as a preliminary exercise. Obviously when I'm looking for a degree in a specific field, I'll look at a list of the top 100 schools in that field and go from there.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Thorne Wrote:Understood, I'll have to really reconsider. I've heard both good and bad things about HES (including post-graduation), and knew about the difference between an ALM in Extension Studies and a regular Harvard degree, but I honestly didn't think it would be a huge problem here in Texas. Though, admittedly, I'd rather not pay $35k for a piece of paper that won't do any better than a $9k piece of paper from another institution.

While Harvard Extension is cheaper than the other schools at Harvard (but Extension students don't have access to the great financial aid packages that Harvard offers), the price is still higher than that of an in-state school. I never understood paying more for a Harvard Extension degree. I think people get stuck on the name "Harvard" and forget that the university is not among the very best in several fields i.e. engineering. In Texas, for networking purposes, you'd be better off paying less at UT Austin or Texas A&M. I've heard the argument that one should pay more for Harvard Extension for the quality of education, but there are plenty of other schools that are just as good. It all depends on the field of study.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
University of Texas-Permian Basin online MBA ; 100% online, AACSB, GMAT waiver available, and under $10k total cost
Recently found out about this program: http://www.utpb.edu/cobe/graduate/master...ion-online
Info: http://degree.utpb.edu/programs/online-d...ation.aspx ; Other degrees: http://www.utpb.edu/online
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:University of Texas-Permian Basin online MBA ; 100% online, AACSB, GMAT waiver available, and under $10k total cost
Recently found out about this program: http://www.utpb.edu/cobe/graduate/master...ion-online
Info: http://degree.utpb.edu/programs/online-d...ation.aspx ; Other degrees: http://www.utpb.edu/online

Not to sound rude, while that is a great deal, UT Permian Basin is not even close to being one of the best schools in the country.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
bjcheung77 Wrote:University of Texas-Permian Basin online MBA ; 100% online, AACSB, GMAT waiver available, and under $10k total cost

Great deal, indeed! However, sanantone is right - not one of the best programs, though not bad either (#93 in its region). Only good thing over WGU Texas I can imagine is programmatic (AACSB).
I'll bookmark this sucker for later investigation!

Thorne Wrote:Great deal, indeed! However, sanantone is right - not one of the best programs, though not bad either (#93 in its region). Only good thing over WGU Texas I can imagine is programmatic (AACSB).
I'll bookmark this sucker for later investigation!

Another benefit is that all the UT schools are known as traditional schools. Every time I bring up WGU, people know it as an online university. While they have many misconceptions about the school, those misconceptions lead to a slight stigma.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:Another benefit is that all the UT schools are known as traditional schools. Every time I bring up WGU, people know it as an online university. While they have many misconceptions about the school, those misconceptions lead to a slight stigma.

It may be worth pursuing, if nothing better turns up. The one hangup I have with UTPB is that every course I've looked at is exam-heavy and paper-light. Maybe I'll fall in love with examinations by the end of my WGU degree, but I was always under the impression that writing was a hallmark of a reputable grad program.

Thorne Wrote:It may be worth pursuing, if nothing better turns up. The one hangup I have with UTPB is that every course I've looked at is exam-heavy and paper-light. Maybe I'll fall in love with examinations by the end of my WGU degree, but I was always under the impression that writing was a hallmark of a reputable grad program.

I guess, but it's less important for business. The MBA is not a research-oriented program.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,666 516,744 2 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 293 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 318 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 297 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 883 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,515 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,616 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM