Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu capstone anxiety
I'm going for a BALS at TESU and I'm almost done, just need a few more classes and then the capstone. I wanted to sign up for it in July, but my anxiety about it got the best of me ?. Now I am rethinking my degree plan to something with a less daunting capstone. Anyone here done the BSBA capstone? Any advice? All is appreciated. Ty!
The BSBA capstone is supposed to be pretty hard.

Most people say the capstone is not too hard, you have quite a bit of time and you just break it into smaller pieces and do some each week.

What exactly scares you about the capstone? I was thinking about it but I think being the last thing would motivate me to get it done!

Do you mind sharing what classes you took to satisfy the UL requirements and the general electives? After the UL and 20 GE credits I'll start the capstone. Did you do the TESU 100 course?
I was terrified of the capstone, and dreading it throughout my entire degree planning phase. I made some mistakes along the way just trying to avoid a capstone.

when i finally went through it, it was a lot of work.

but it was doable! as long as you put the effort in, it's not hard, it's just a lot of effort! i was stressing out over nothing. check the mentor feedback threads to make sure you get a good mentor, but other than that, this is something you can do, i promise!

with my second bachelors underway, i have another capstone coming up. I haven't thought twice about it or even really considered that i eventually have to do one, because after that first one I have full confidence that it won't be so bad and I know I'll be able to handle it without issue.

you can handle it too Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • High_Order1
Don't wait anymore. Just rip the "band aid" off and register. Fear makes us go back when we should go forward. You have come too far! The Capstone will be work. There is no doubt about it, but in the end you will feel proud of yourself. The mentors won't hold your hand but there are some great ones that will support you and cheer you on to the finish line.
You need 8 courses left before you can register for the capstone correct?
(08-04-2017, 12:08 PM)Iamtehking Wrote: You need 8 courses left before you can register for the capstone correct?

I don't believe there is any actual policy on the matter. Just a vague recommendation that your should be "almost finished". Certainly several people recently took the BSBA Capstone TECEP before almost their entire AOS just to get in before it was retired. If you ask advising, they will advise against taking your capstone early or may even say that you can't, but if you simply register online, you will be allowed to.

It is a lot of work, and if you're going to be working and schooling at the same time, you may well not want to have anything else going on while you do it. I had to take an extension to get my Liberal Arts capstone done, just because my job got hectic. However, it is just work, not brain surgery. Check the threads, there are several good ones that will help you feel more confident.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-04-2017, 12:08 PM)Iamtehking Wrote: You need 8 courses left before you can register for the capstone correct?

No....I just looked and my eval shows 64.65 credits transferred in and I'm enrolled in the capstone that started this week. 
I do HAVE other credits, but TESU doesnt know that yet.
I registered for the capstone upon application because I wanted to get into the last term...they told me that it was supposed to be my last class, but I explained that I already had the core business classes done and I felt confident in my ability to do the capstone now, so they let me register. We shall see how it turns out, lol!
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
I registered for mine when I only had about 80 credits. I wanted it done and out of the way. I did all the rest of my credits during my capstone except for the 2 CLEPs I'm going to take hopefully next week or so. It's a lot of work but mostly due to typing, I LOATHE typing! The capstone is just more tedious than anything else. I had time to do all the courses/testing out and capstone simultaneously because I'm not working currently. I wouldn't have been able to do that many things at once if I was. (That's just me)
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
[-] The following 1 user Likes BingCherry's post:
  • High_Order1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,997 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,669 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,323 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,741 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,333 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,391 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic