Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Fastest RN to BSN???
Hospital will loan her money and pays $2200 per year reimbersement. Not at all bad, but not fantastic.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Then if she's going to do WGU in two terms, she'll want to get the first one in one year and the second in another to maximize the reimbursement.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • cookderosa, rebel100
I definitely recommend WGU. I think there were some changes a couple of years ago to the WGU RN-to-BSN curriculum that makes it nearly impossible to complete in 2 terms now. I don't keep up with it as much as I used to, but I've read a lot of reports of people doing all but the capstone in term 1, then doing just the capstone in term 2 (takes about 2 months on average). I'm pretty sure WGU prorates tuition, so it's still a very inexpensive, very fast option for BSN completion.

Of course, I'm a WGU fanboy, so take my advice with a heap of salt. Wink

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
[-] The following 1 user Likes dmjacobsen's post:
  • rebel100
For the sake of other people reading this, there is no standard definition of an accelerated nursing program. This post is for the benefit of people who are not already nurses. Most nursing programs last 4 semesters. That's true of associate's and bachelor's degree programs, otherwise known as ADN and BSN. Rarely do you see so-called traditional nursing programs where the courses are only offered fall, spring, summer off, fall, spring. Some schools offer 4 semester nursing programs with a summer start. Keep in mind that summer semesters are shorter than fall and spring semesters. A summer, fall, spring, summer program is completed in 15 months. I know of one school that refers to this as an accelerated program in some of their marketing materials but they never use that term elsewhere. Certainly 4 semesters in 15 months is accelerated when compared to 4 semesters spread over 2 academic years.

Around 10 years ago when the purported nursing shortage was getting a lot of media attention, schools started offering what were marketed as accelerated nursing programs lasting 10 months - 18 months. The attrition rates in the 10-12 month programs were very high, up to 50%. These programs fell into disfavor and are far less common.

People who are already nurses take a educational path different from what I've discussed in this post. They enroll in so-called RN to BSN programs. I highly recommend anyone interested in nursing to seek advice from allnurses.com instead of this forum.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Yes, this post is about someone already holding licensure and working as an RN.

She applied to Arkansas State today. Looks like about 12 classes total should complete her BSN. 2 classes at a time 7 weeks to a semester will mean completion in a year at around $8000. WGU actually required several pre reqs she doesn't have, A State only requires a Statistics class, think she has the rest.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
(08-10-2017, 01:08 PM)rebel100 Wrote: Yes, this post is about someone already holding licensure and working as an RN.

She applied to Arkansas State today.  Looks like about 12 classes total should complete her BSN.  2 classes at a time 7 weeks to a semester will mean completion in a year at around $8000.  WGU actually required several pre reqs she doesn't have, A State only requires a Statistics class, think she has the rest.

That sounds like a winner. Sounds like it is no more expensive than WGU, possibly less. Taking two courses at a time is good. Apparently Arkansas State doesn't provide credit for DSST exams (DSST has a statistics exam), although they are a test friendly school otherwise. https://www.astate.edu/a/degree-in-3/
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
(07-08-2018, 03:13 PM)Kamil_Kaminski Wrote: Hi everyone!
I am writing a paper for my uni about nursing careers (especially RN to BSN transition). Would you mind filling this 5-min survey, I’d love to hear your opinion if you’re a RN. I’d be super grateful Smile
https://goo.gl/forms/QcBN9n3IYy342anx2

You need to start your own thread for this, rather than jumping onto someone else's about something else.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 600 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 380 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,840 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,980 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Fastest/cheapest second bachelor’s degree Lingo55 19 4,919 04-30-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  35 Fastest Online School Degree Programs in 2021 LevelUP 1 1,201 03-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How do I get the fastest bachelor’s degree and masters degree online in India? bhakti641 3 1,159 01-07-2022, 01:50 AM
  Cheapest Bachelors Degree Alpha 22 4,423 05-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Fastest second AA you can get if you already have a first AA ? nyvrem 15 1,947 03-20-2021, 12:03 PM
  Cheapest RA or NA bachelor degree options StoicJ 19 3,497 10-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Last Post: rachel83az