Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian Scholarship Question
Good Morning!

I have completed my six study.com courses from the Guardian Scholarship.  Whoo Hoo!  I took Acct. 301, Acct. 302, Acct. 303, Bus. 309, Fin. 102 and Geom. 101.  All of the classes have posted onto the ACE transcript.

My access to study.com is listed as expiring on Aug. 30.  My dashboard also says that I can take another exam in 14 days.  Those dates don't quite match up.  It is Aug. 12.

Is that just a meaningless site glitch or is there any possibility that I might be able to buy exams in that four day window under the Guardian subscription?

Thanks in advance!
Mike
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • slmartin
Same...I've done all 6 classes and my access expires on the 30th, and it says I can take two more exams. I assume this must be incorrect BUT if it isn't not, heck yes I will cram in two more classes before the 30th...

Does anyone know?
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
(08-12-2017, 10:22 AM)Gymfan15 Wrote: Same...I've done all 6 classes and my access expires on the 30th, and it says I can take two more exams. I assume this must be incorrect BUT if it isn't not, heck yes I will cram in two more classes before the 30th...

Does anyone know?

Did you give it a go? Did it work?
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I have been prepping for the potential window of opportunity. I have finished four additional classes and am working on two more. If they let me take additional exams in my last couple of days of the Guardian Scholarship, I am ready to blow the door off the hinges. Otherwise, I will probably pay for another month and take some additional classes. I have to wait until the 30th to find out.
My access expired yesterday. I was coming off the Guardian scholarship and it said I had another test so I did it. I went to pay for a membership and got this message.....

"By changing your plan, you will immediately have access to all features associated with your new plan.
Because the change is in the middle of your billing cycle, you will be charged immediately for the prorated amount for the rest of this month. For more info check our FAQs.
You have taken 1 proctored exam so far this month, and this will affect the prorated amount."

Umm what? so it looks like I will be waiting a month to do more study.com? How are they counting a test I took during my Guardian Scholarship Access towards a membership I haven't even paid for yet? I am not paying $199 for one test...
I'm not exactly sure what you mean...you can't buy extra exams on the Guardian Scholarship, and if your scholarship expired, then you have to pay the CE membership price in order to access more exams. That will give you two more exams for a month; it comes with the price so there's no option to just pay for one exam plus membership.

Now, if you're paying for the full membership but they only give you one proctored exam take, THEN that would be the issue. But I don't see why it would do that.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
(08-31-2017, 03:06 PM)Gymfan15 Wrote: I'm not exactly sure what you mean...you can't buy extra exams on the Guardian Scholarship, and if your scholarship expired, then you have to pay the CE membership price in order to access more exams. That will give you two more exams for a month; it comes with the price so there's no option to just pay for one exam plus membership.

Now, if you're paying for the full membership but they only give you one proctored exam take, THEN that would be the issue. But I don't see why it would do that.

So I finished my exams for the guardian scholarship for some reason they had to be finished by the 26th but my access didn't expire until the 30th. Then on the 27th my account said i could do two more tests so I took one. And my account expired yesterday. So I went to pay for my membership and it's saying I have already taken 1 test for a month I have haven't even signed up for yet. So I would pay full price for one test bc some how the one I took in the last days of my access counts against this month
Hi All,

We're sorry about the confusion! If you experience any problems regarding the scholarship, please feel free to reach out to support@study.com. We'll be happy to help!

Best,
The Study.com Team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Study.com's post:
  • ECH90
(08-31-2017, 04:54 PM)Study.com Wrote: Hi All,

We're sorry about the confusion! If you experience any problems regarding the scholarship, please feel free to reach out to support@study.com. We'll be happy to help!

Best,
The Study.com Team

Thankyou!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 237 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 757 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,918 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 949 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  SDC BIO 101 - question on Labster Mr T 5 636 01-03-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,506 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,579 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
  Another Sophia Spanish I question uncapentin 4 909 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Question about Coursera certificates & specializations Pikachu 7 2,949 08-24-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Question about SDC Bio101 Labs? Jwheels27 4 794 08-18-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Jwheels27