Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterliner website bugs
Just needed to say it,

Straighterline websites has a lot of bugs, I'm sure the business logic for calculating grades are fine, but still, 

I click on resume course, it sends me to the wrong course, 
I receive an email to continue composition 2, it shows my final grade from composition 1 instead, 
I click back there is an alert popup with an undefined (for days now)

This is a bit weird..
Yeah, I've had major glitches as well and their support and followup has absolutely sucked. My experience has been so bad I would rather take my business elsewhere (like Davar) even if that meant having to study and pay a little more.

I've been going back and forth with them since the August1st because I'm missing an entire section from my navigation panel and I'm unable to see my grades section at all. I'm literally having to manually go assignment by assignment just to caculate my course points, which is a major pain for the economics course. It took over a week for them to even acknowledge the glitches and they've offered no solution yet.
(08-14-2017, 09:18 PM)nnahh Wrote: Yeah, I've had major glitches as well and their support and followup has absolutely sucked. My experience has been so bad I would rather take my business elsewhere (like Davar) even if that meant having to study and pay a little more.

I've been going back and forth with them since the August1st because I'm missing an entire section from my navigation panel and I'm unable to see my grades section at all. I'm literally having to manually go assignment by assignment just to caculate my course points, which is a major pain for the economics course. It took over a week for them to even acknowledge the glitches and they've offered no solution yet.

I've actually had an issue with that as well. If you go into a class you will see the My Moodle clickable link. If you click that then you click Customize This Page a box will pop up listing the courses. On the left of the course is a triangle if you click that it opens a drop down and it shows a link to the grades section. It's a huge pain, but its a lot better than going into individual assignments.

I just joined Straighterline on July 20th and planned on using them for a LOT of courses. Now I'm busting my butt so I can finish the courses I purchased and use another service. This has been a pain.
[-] The following 2 users Like lmckown's post:
  • nnahh, Tolpeko
I too have had similar issues.

I'd like for them to just show the courses in progress, and I'd like for it to dump me out where I left off, and sometimes it sends me to Moodle instead of directly into the class.

(shrugs) I still like the fact that they seem to be the only educators where the classroom portion helps me to carry the final, so I've lived with it. Just trying to work up the nerve to do a couple Study.com classes to be eligible for the discounts now...
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com website down? Anyone mind going to it to see if it opens? Raftingdon2 3 659 11-09-2021, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Raftingdon2
  On TESU website : 30-day free trial at Study.com. mvk 49 20,600 12-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: LucindaLogan
  Study.com website issues/outage? AwardTour 7 1,249 07-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: timblackwell
  Study.com Website Down? Jimmy999 2 1,097 11-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Website to see CC courses. Danielp 12 2,624 08-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Website Down: NEED ESSAY PROMPTS YXJeff 3 1,064 07-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  ACE website down? leeloodallas 18 3,451 05-17-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Best website to use for College Algebra? jmclep 1 1,328 10-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Straighterline, why does thy website suck so... Gymfan15 23 3,744 06-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: keynext