Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL credits with TESU bsba, is it required?
Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused with TESU UL rules, I'm looking for a :

BSBA with probably CIS concentration or general (depending on my transferred credit from a community college.)
Associate of computer science (If my cs credits are transferred)

On both pages for those programs on TESU website, there are no mentions of UL credits. Does this mean that I don't have to care about that? In some threads here people say it does not matter, in others it says we need 12 UL.

Right now I am deep in SL with 5 courses at 80% done. I would prefer to continue the SL routes for now. There are a couple of courses I want from study.com but I want to spend more time on them. If I need to do UL credits I need to start now before they are downgraded.
You are right, there is nothing on the BSBA/CIS page that says that 12cr of UL are required in the AOS - but that is the case.

For an AA at any school, no UL credits are required. An AA is considered a lower-level or CC degree, and they don't offer UL credits.

Study.com doesn't have any UL courses in the CIS AOS, so you don't have to worry about that. Their UL courses are in other majors or concentrations (Accounting, Marketing, Psych, History, etc.).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-15-2017, 11:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You are right, there is nothing on the BSBA/CIS page that says that 12cr of UL are required in the AOS - but that is the case.

For an AA at any school, no UL credits are required.  An AA is considered a lower-level or CC degree, and they don't offer UL credits.

Study.com doesn't have any UL courses in the CIS AOS, so you don't have to worry about that.  Their UL courses are in other majors or concentrations (Accounting, Marketing, Psych, History, etc.).

Crap... All this time I thought AOS meant Associate of science, but it means the area of specialization....

So basically who cares what general managements courses are.. since only the area of specialization matters?
LOL, you're very confused, I guess you're thinking too much in regards to taking an AA and a BS.
The AA doesn't require UL credits, but your BS does. You can take some UL for the AA if you wish.

All courses from two year community colleges/institutes will come in as LL, unless it's in the BSAST program (it's the ONLY exception).
In regards to your BSBA, you need at least 18 credits UL - you'll get more of those UL if you transfer from SL/Study.com

Study.com $199/month for 2 exams, if you fail, you can take the exam again. All other subsequent exams are $70 each.
People don't intend on failing, and it's not that hard, you just need a 55% on the final. Make sure to ACE the quizzes.

Most courses are 100 points for quiz (33.3%) and 200 points for final (66.6%), so, just try to get 100% on those quizzes.
A few have assignments/discussions, 33.3% of grade, quiz 33.3%, and the final 33.3%. These are "SL easy" in my view.

Study.com also drops the price down by removal/waiving of the Cornerstone requirement.
TESU Tuition: http://www.tesu.edu/tuition/Comprehensiv...n-Plan.cfm
TESU Payment Plan: http://www.tesu.edu/tuition/payment-plan.cfm

TESU Study.com details: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/
TESU Study.com BALS/BSBA: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/How-to-Get-Started.cfm
TESU Study.com Tuition: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/Costs-Tuition.cfm
TESU Study.com Transfer: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/Transfer-Cr...o-TESU.cfm

TESU BALS UL Requirements: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/BA-Degree-i...tudies.cfm
Area of Study: Liberal Studies
Students complete a total of 30 credits of Liberal Studies courses that include at least 15 credits at the 300/400 level (upper level) and no more than 6 credits at the 100 level.

TESU BSBA UL Requirements: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/BSBA-Degree...gement.cfm
Area of Study: General Management
Students must complete one course from three of the following areas.
At least 12 credits within the specialization must be at the 300-400 level.
A total of 18 credits with a grade of C/CR or better are required.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yeah I think I get it now,

Just looking at the BSBA plan, right now I got 9 UL credits from in general management (SL + capstone) and I need at least 12 UL from the AOS. So I guess it makes sense now. But since it seems study.com is working on the courses to match UL (ie adding coursework), might not be a bad idea to do them soon.
You can make more use of SL/Study.com if you focus on the UL credits first as the Study.com ones will drop to LL by 1/1/2018.
You need to transfer them to ACE before that, at the latest 12/31/2017. You can use the plan I have for the TESU BSBA GM...
I highly suggest taking the two other SL courses for the GM AOS (Area of Study) as they're cheap/easy/fast Upper Level credits.
It's located on my dropbox, see the Beginners Guide sticky post #5. I have the BSBA CIS and BALS/BA CS if you wanted to review them.

You don't need 18cr of UL in the BSBA - you only need 12cr of UL, and all 12 of those must be in the AOS. So you could take the entire major at a CC and you would be fine.

Yes, the Capstone is another 3cr of UL, but it doesn't matter, since it's in the core and not the AOS. You need those UL credits in the AOS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Keep in mind that, if you have earned a degree at any level, all of your AOS credits will have to be earned after the last degree was conferred. Additionally, six credits in the core will have to be new.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Hey guys,

Thank you for all the info, I understand better what I have to do now, and thanks for telling me about your dropbox @defcore, completely missed it. I think I never saw a fully fledged out CIS AOE. Looking at both I feel going GM will probably be faster unless the international agency reviewing my CS credits approve them as UL, but that's very wishful thinking.

One last question, I see, for example, that SL accounting is in the general section but also in the AOE, does that mean that it counts in both?
@posabsolute, no worries/we're here to help, it's my dropbox and I modified dfrecore's files...
I just placed it there so everyone can take a look at how awesome dfrecore's templates are...
The SL course numbers are different, even though the naming convention might be the same.

And no, each course can't be placed in two areas, it can be in one or the other, can't be both.
You should take the recommended courses in the templates, or take equivalents if you can find them.
The ones in red are the recommended/needed courses, there's just one missing - Study.com Marketing Research 301.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,981 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore