Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User Looking For Bachelors Degree Advice
(10-05-2017, 11:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 10:10 AM)jbaugh007 Wrote: Hello All, 

I have attached the academic eval for the BA in Liberal Studies.  I would appreciate it if any trained eye would look and see if there's anything I am missing, or a better option at TESU.  I will update with the evals from the other 2 of the Big 3 when I get them.  Also, I have a couple of other questions.  

1.  If I choose this option, What is my best option for completing the classes I need? TECEP or somewhere else?

2.  Would either of these degrees make any more of a difference if I continue on to a Masters Degree of some sort?

Thanks!!!

In looking at your TESU BALS eval: Have you taken Study.com courses?  If not, then you should take at least 2 courses that way.  Then you get the Affiliate Membership discount.

You need to take:
Info Lit - Tech Writing, World Religion, A&I Lit all will work.
Diversity - Sociology or Anthropology will work
Ethics - take the free 2cr Insurance Ethics course
Civic Engagement - American Government or Comparative Politics will work

You can do these in a variety of ways, it just depends on what you prefer.  Study.com, Straighterline, TECEP, CLEP, DSST, etc.

Then the Capstone, and you're done.

Hey there, 

I just signed up for study.com and found out that they do not have an anthropology course for college credit or a free 2 credit course.  I called them and they confirmed what i discovered.   It's still the best option and I'm going to make it happen.  Thanks again for the advice.

(10-19-2017, 12:37 PM)jbaugh007 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 10:10 AM)jbaugh007 Wrote: Hello All, 

I have attached the academic eval for the BA in Liberal Studies.  I would appreciate it if any trained eye would look and see if there's anything I am missing, or a better option at TESU.  I will update with the evals from the other 2 of the Big 3 when I get them.  Also, I have a couple of other questions.  

1.  If I choose this option, What is my best option for completing the classes I need? TECEP or somewhere else?

2.  Would either of these degrees make any more of a difference if I continue on to a Masters Degree of some sort?

Thanks!!!

In looking at your TESU BALS eval: Have you taken Study.com courses?  If not, then you should take at least 2 courses that way.  Then you get the Affiliate Membership discount.

You need to take:
Info Lit - Tech Writing, World Religion, A&I Lit all will work.
Diversity - Sociology or Anthropology will work
Ethics - take the free 2cr Insurance Ethics course
Civic Engagement - American Government or Comparative Politics will work

You can do these in a variety of ways, it just depends on what you prefer.  Study.com, Straighterline, TECEP, CLEP, DSST, etc.

Then the Capstone, and you're done.

Hey there, 

I just signed up for study.com and found out that they do not have an anthropology course for college credit or a free 2 credit course.  I called them and they confirmed what i discovered.   It's still the best option and I'm going to make it happen.  Thanks again for the advice.

I also just discovered that study.com does not offer any of the ethics courses that TESU accepts for credit.  Any ideas on where to take the required ethics course?

Okay, after researching everything on TESU and study.com, I found that sociology 101 is the only class available for credit at TESU listed in their Civic and Global Leadership Courses.  Those are the only courses I need other than the TESU capstone.  Any suggestions on the best place to get the rest of these I need.  I need 1 each from the following 3 categores in Civic and Global Leadership Courses

[i]B. Civic and Global Leadership Courses
top of page

[/i]

Diversity Intercultural Literacy
Ethical Leadership
Civic Engagement
The 2CR Ethics class:

http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • jbaugh007
(10-19-2017, 01:28 PM)quigongene Wrote: The 2CR Ethics class:

http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit
 Thank you!!!
With Study.com, you can take Sociology instead of Anthropology for Diversity. They also have the other courses you need (Am Govt & Religion/Tech Writing/A&I Lit).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-19-2017, 02:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: With Study.com, you can take Sociology instead of Anthropology for Diversity.  They also have the other courses you need (Am Govt & Religion/Tech Writing/A&I Lit).

I looked through the list of courses available for credit, and none of them were on it.  The guy at study.com said click on the "Credit" drop down at the top, click on "How it works", and then click on "What are ACE and NCCRS".  He said the list that came up would be the entire list of classes that are available for credit at any college.  Is that incorrect?

Study.com does not offer POS-110, which is the AM Govt Class that TESU accepts for the Civic Engagement requirement.
(10-19-2017, 02:45 PM)jbaugh007 Wrote:
Study.com does not offer POS-110, which is the AM Govt Class that TESU accepts for the Civic Engagement requirement.

Study.com's Political Science 102: American Government transfers in as POS-110.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • jbaugh007
(10-19-2017, 03:02 PM)jsd Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 02:45 PM)jbaugh007 Wrote:

Study.com's Political Science 102: American Government transfers in as POS-110.

Aha!!! That would make sense.  Sorry, I am still trying to figure this stuff out.
TESU only lists courses that they offer - there are additional courses that you can take that will fulfill the areas. Look on the degree map (their website, "What You Can Study", then the degree you want) and you will get a more generic degree plan.

The courses that I list or tell you are ones that have been verified here on this forum that TESU will accept in those areas.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hello All, 

Just an update and a questions.  Thanks to all of your great advice, I am well on my way to finishing my bachelors.  I have already completed my classes through study.com, including Sociology, American Government and Finance.  I decided to accept the challenge and complete my math degree instead of liberal studies.  The only difference at TESU is that I have to take one more class for the math than the liberal studies.  The class is Linear Algebra, and it is hard, but I will make it happen.  I am currently taking Linear algebra and my capstone, and I will be done at the end of February.  I am getting the study.com discount at TESU, which is huge. 

My one question right now, is regarding the free 2 credit ethics course through the institutes.  I have completed the course, but I cannot figure out how to get it to ACE for my transcript.  Or am I supposed to just have the institutes send a transcript directly to TESU?  Please advise.  Thanks

Sincerely, 

J
You log in to your ACE account and search for the course to add. Its called Ethics and the CPCU Code and issued by American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters. Course number is AICP-0121.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,674 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,005 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,325 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,684 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero