Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User Looking For Bachelors Degree Advice
jbaugh007, you need to take any 3 courses recommended at Study.com, I recommend doing all 3 in one month for $199+$70.
$199 is a monthly subscription and you get 2 courses, if you want an extra exam, it's $70. If you really want to finish fast, you can take the capstone while you do the monthly subscription. That will finish your degree requirements for the BALS. I would choose Study.com over any other provider (as it will give you the Cornerstone waiver, capstone/residency waiver discounts). Just decide which 3 courses you would want and you're golden...

The curiosity has gotten to me, and I would highly recommend you looking into the BSPS and BSAST Tech Studies. If there is no additional courses or costs involved, I would recommend those over the BALS, you can use the "What If" option to get another evaluation and you can post your findings here. I would just copy/paste instead of redoing a spreadsheet for the BSPS and the BSAST. Even if you need to take one or two courses, if those courses can be completed by Saylor exams ($25 each), you're going to have a slightly more recognized and a nicer sounding degree.

So, login to OSS or your MyEdison, Click the Academic Profile, Academic Evaluation, select your BALS and chose the drop down "What if I changed my program of study" to BSAST in Technical Studies (don't choose the BS in Tech Studies, it's a diff program), and then do one for BSPS (weird, I can't find the option though).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jbaugh007
(10-05-2017, 11:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: jbaugh007, you need to take any 3 courses recommended at Study.com, I recommend doing all 3 in one month for $199+$70.
$199 is a monthly subscription and you get 2 courses, if you want an extra exam, it's $70.  If you really want to finish fast, you can take the capstone while you do the monthly subscription. That will finish your degree requirements for the BALS.  I would choose Study.com over any other provider (as it will give you the Cornerstone waiver, capstone/residency waiver discounts).  Just decide which 3 courses you would want and you're golden...

The curiosity has gotten to me, and I would highly recommend you looking into the BSPS and BSAST Tech Studies.  If there is no additional courses or costs involved, I would recommend those over the BALS, you can use the "What If" option to get another evaluation and you can post your findings here.  I would just copy/paste instead of redoing a spreadsheet for the BSPS and the BSAST.  Even if you need to take one or two courses, if those courses can be completed by Saylor exams ($25 each), you're going to have a slightly more recognized and a nicer sounding degree.

So, login to OSS or your MyEdison, Click the Academic Profile, Academic Evaluation, select your BALS and chose the drop down "What if I changed my program of study" to BSAST in Technical Studies (don't choose the BS in Tech Studies, it's a diff program), and then do one for BSPS (weird, I can't find the option though).

I don't see a BSPS option either.  
When I choose the BSAST in Technical Studies, I get the following message:

Error

This program is not associated with any catalogs for which your institution permits program evaluations over the Web.
Quote:Awesome, thank you so much.  I have not tried study.com yet because I was waiting to find my path.  I will though.  Which is the least expensive route?  I am a single income provider for my family of four and need to limit my costs.  So all of these classes that I need can be taken at study.com, and they will count for my degree at TESU?

Also, if i take the free 2 cr insurance ethics course, how will i get the that 1 credit i need to meet my requirements?

Oh, yeah, just to elaborate.  You can take the courses elsewhere such as $25/Saylor exam, a total of $75 for those 3 courses. BUT, the cornerstone, tuition discount, residency waiver fee discount, outweighs the Study.com membership by a larger margin, at least $1,000 just taking the courses at Study.com - You can take them at Straighterline, but for $99 membership +$59 each course, and again, you'll be missing out on the discounts... for cheap/easy/fast, Study.com is your ticket.

If you take the free Ethics course, your "Other courses" at the bottom will take the extra credits, as you're missing 1 credit for the general education section as well.  So, it would be safe to say, your "Bio 1 Lab" and your "Astronomy" class will cover your missing credits just nicely.   Again, all you need are those 3 Study.com courses which can all be done in 1 month and the capstone.  If you want to play it safe, do the 3 Study.com/Ethics courses in 1 month, then focus on your capstone for 12 weeks.

• jbaugh007
(10-05-2017, 11:55 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Quote:Awesome, thank you so much.  I have not tried study.com yet because I was waiting to find my path.  I will though.  Which is the least expensive route?  I am a single income provider for my family of four and need to limit my costs.  So all of these classes that I need can be taken at study.com, and they will count for my degree at TESU?

Also, if i take the free 2 cr insurance ethics course, how will i get the that 1 credit i need to meet my requirements?

Oh, yeah, just to elaborate.  You can take the courses elsewhere such as $25/Saylor exam, a total of $75 for those 3 courses. BUT, the cornerstone, tuition discount, residency waiver fee discount, outweighs the Study.com membership by a larger margin, at least $1,000 just taking the courses at Study.com - You can take them at Straighterline, but for $99 membership +$59 each course, and again, you'll be missing out on the discounts... for cheap/easy/fast, Study.com is your ticket.

If you take the free Ethics course, your "Other courses" at the bottom will take the extra credits, as you're missing 1 credit for the general education section as well.  So, it would be safe to say, your "Bio 1 Lab" and your "Astronomy" class will cover your missing credits just nicely.   Again, all you need are those 3 Study.com courses which can all be done in 1 month and the capstone.  If you want to play it safe, do the 3 Study.com/Ethics courses in 1 month, then focus on your capstone for 12 weeks.

Understood and will do.  Thank you so much.  With this info I should be able to finish by Feb 1 at the latest.  I think classes start Oct 30, so i would have to wait to start the Capstone.  I agree, Study.com does sound the best since it will give me the tuition discount and residency waiver fee discount.

(10-05-2017, 12:01 PM)jbaugh007 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:55 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Understood and will do.  Thank you so much.  With this info I should be able to finish by Feb 1 at the latest.  I think classes start Oct 30, so i would have to wait to start the Capstone.  I agree, Study.com does sound the best since it will give me the tuition discount and residency waiver fee discount.

Also, I just emailed my advisor to see if he could provide me with an academic eval for the BSPS and BSAST in Technical Studies.
(10-05-2017, 11:54 AM)jbaugh007 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: jbaugh007, you need to take any 3 courses recommended at Study.com, I recommend doing all 3 in one month for $199+$70.
$199 is a monthly subscription and you get 2 courses, if you want an extra exam, it's $70.  If you really want to finish fast, you can take the capstone while you do the monthly subscription. That will finish your degree requirements for the BALS.  I would choose Study.com over any other provider (as it will give you the Cornerstone waiver, capstone/residency waiver discounts).  Just decide which 3 courses you would want and you're golden...

The curiosity has gotten to me, and I would highly recommend you looking into the BSPS and BSAST Tech Studies.  If there is no additional courses or costs involved, I would recommend those over the BALS, you can use the "What If" option to get another evaluation and you can post your findings here.  I would just copy/paste instead of redoing a spreadsheet for the BSPS and the BSAST.  Even if you need to take one or two courses, if those courses can be completed by Saylor exams ($25 each), you're going to have a slightly more recognized and a nicer sounding degree.

Error

This program is not associated with any catalogs for which your institution permits program evaluations over the Web.

Oh, weird.  Maybe there's an issue with that... just for kicks, can you try their BS in Tech Studies?  
If that doesn't work either, then forget it... 
I was thinking if all your LL/UL credits would make a complete AOS in Tech Studies.

Update: Here's the link for the discounts (TESU) - http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/Costs-Tuition.cfm
(Study.com) http://support.study.com/support/solutio...university-

• jbaugh007
(10-05-2017, 12:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:54 AM)jbaugh007 Wrote:

Error

Oh, weird.  Maybe there's an issue with that... just for kicks, can you try their BS in Tech Studies?  
If that doesn't work either, then forget it... 
I was thinking if all your LL/UL credits would make a complete AOS in Tech Studies.

Update: Here's the link for the discounts (TESU) - http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/Costs-Tuition.cfm
(Study.com) http://support.study.com/support/solutio...university-

Thanks for the links.  Here is the BS in Technical Studies below...nevermind.  It gave me an error that it was too many characters so I atatched it.  By the way I get the same error as above from any of the BSAST degrees.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BS of Technical Studies.xlsx (Size: 22.48 KB / Downloads: 13)
Hello all, 

I finally got my excelsior eval, I attached it.  It is not sounding as good of an option for me as TESU.  Let me know what you think.

Also, at TESU if I decide to put in the extra effort to finish up the math degree, does anybody know a good option for finishing up Linear Algebra?

I got an email that my charter oaks eval is done, but Im getting an IT error in the portal.  Ill update when that comes in.

Attached Files
.pdf   excelsior academic eval BS Homeland Security.pdf (Size: 37.56 KB / Downloads: 13)
This is for BS Homeland Security, it may not be the same if you get them to evaluate a BALS or BSPS for you.
Get that second evaluation done for BALS and BSPS, you should have about the same as TESU if not identical.

• jbaugh007
(10-11-2017, 05:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is for BS Homeland Security, it may not be the same if you get them to evaluate a BALS or BSPS for you.
Get that second evaluation done for BALS and BSPS, you should have about the same as TESU if not identical.

My advisor said that anything in a BA would require more credits to finish than one of the BS options.  He is running a BSPS for me now.

I got my COSC eval.  I have attached it for your viewing pleasure.  Its for a General Studies degree with a concentration in Public Safety Admin.  It's broken down in a way that is a little confusing to me.  However, if I am reading it correctly, I may be pretty close to a degree for General Studies with a concentration in Math or Liberal Studies.  Also, if i am reading correctly, it looks like I will be even closer to a Bachelors than I would for the degree at TESU.  The closest I could find at TESU was 12 credits including the 3 credit Capstone for a Liberal Studies degree.  Any input?

Attached Files
.pdf   COSC BS Public Safety Admin Eval.pdf (Size: 80.35 KB / Downloads: 10)
So I just talked to my advisor at COSC.  He informed me that for any Bachelors at COSC, I am short 5 Upper Level courses.  Which means that I am looking at 15 UL credits plus a cornerstone. For TESU, I am looking at 3 LL courses plus their capstone. It sounds to me like TESU is a better option so far.  Anybody have any ideas? I have posted all of my academic evals from all of the Big 3. If anybody has any more suggestions, I am all ears.  Thank you all again for your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,779 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,937 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero