Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Geography... only 2 credits?!? FRUSTRATING!!!!!!
World Geography from Shmoop transferred into TESU as only a two credit course!!

That leaves me ONE credit short now.... Nooooooo!!!!

Anyone else have experience with this? Is there another way to transfer it in besides going to COG-230?

I also have other things that need changing on my academic evaluation. Is it better to schedule an advising appointment or send an email?

(attachment is screen shot that shows how it came into my academic eval)

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 11.01.44 AM.png (Size: 12.53 KB / Downloads: 10)
I didn't notice that until you said that and I went and looked.. Yep. 2 credits! Wow. That's why I needed only 1 credit, and I never could figure out why. I did the shmoop human sexuality for my last 1 credit.
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
(08-23-2017, 12:40 PM)BingCherry Wrote: I didn't notice that until you said that and I went and looked.. Yep. 2 credits! Wow. That's why I needed only 1 credit, and I never could figure out why. I did the shmoop human sexuality for my last 1 credit.

Wait... So, you only got 1 credit for Human Sexuality?  Yikes.  I took a ton of Shmoop courses, and now I'm curious to see how they all work out on my transcript.  I had taken the World Geography course in order to fulfill the "diversity" course.  Will they waive that additional credit?  I know I'll have to make it up elsewhere, but I'd rather not have to take another "diversity" course.
(08-23-2017, 01:28 PM)Silly_Me Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 12:40 PM)BingCherry Wrote: I didn't notice that until you said that and I went and looked.. Yep. 2 credits! Wow. That's why I needed only 1 credit, and I never could figure out why. I did the shmoop human sexuality for my last 1 credit.

Wait... So, you only got 1 credit for Human Sexuality?  Yikes.  I took a ton of Shmoop courses, and now I'm curious to see how they all work out on my transcript.  I had taken the World Geography course in order to fulfill the "diversity" course.  Will they waive that additional credit?  I know I'll have to make it up elsewhere, but I'd rather not have to take another "diversity" course.

Oh, I mean it was covering my last one credit "slot". They still haven't added it yet to my evaluation so i will let y'all know how many credits it comes in as.
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
Smoop World Geography is recommended for 2 credits by ACE.  Human Sexuality is recommended for 3 credits by ACE.  Not all ACE recommended courses are 3 credits.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
It really makes no sense that World Geography only 2 credits. It was just as long and hard as the other courses on Shmoop!!

There have been a lot of posts about how the Shmoop courses transfer to TESU, but not about how many credits. I was assuming that they were all 3! We should be posting the number of credits next to the equivalences so others don't have to go through this. It's super frustrating!

Do any of you think that it could possibly change?!? Is it worth asking someone at TESU?
(08-23-2017, 06:14 PM)CollegeKid Wrote: It really makes no sense that World Geography only 2 credits. It was just as long and hard as the other courses on Shmoop!!

There have been a lot of posts about how the Shmoop courses transfer to TESU, but not about how many credits. I was assuming that they were all 3! We should be posting the number of credits next to the equivalences so others don't have to go through this. It's super frustrating!

Do any of you think that it could possibly change?!? Is it worth asking someone at TESU?

Yeah, I'm a little surprised, too.  That World Geography course was no joke!
There are a bunch of Shmoop courses that are only 2cr. At least 6 that I know of (most math).

(08-23-2017, 06:14 PM)CollegeKid Wrote: It really makes no sense that World Geography only 2 credits. It was just as long and hard as the other courses on Shmoop!!

Go ahead and post how many credits something is worth if you want, but asking everyone to do that on a forum where everyone gives their advice and info for free is asking a lot.

It's actually easier for each person to go in and double-check the credits before they take a course.  That's what I do.  I don't 100% count on the info I get here, I also do my own research, and take responsibility for my own degree.

And no, TESU won't be changing it.  ACE evaluated it at 2cr, so that's what TESU will give you.

(08-23-2017, 01:28 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: I took a ton of Shmoop courses, and now I'm curious to see how they all work out on my transcript.  I had taken the World Geography course in order to fulfill the "diversity" course.  Will they waive that additional credit?  I know I'll have to make it up elsewhere, but I'd rather not have to take another "diversity" course.

Just go onto ACE and see what all of the courses come in as credit-wise.

And yes, TESU will waive the 1cr of diversity, you'll just have to make it up in Gen Ed Electives.  Same with the free Insurance Ethics course (it's 2cr as well).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 89 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,260 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 401 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 539 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,914 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 580 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,348 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 3,879 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded