Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG degrees
I'm curious if anyone knows of a BOG degree that lets you use CLEP exams and or ACE credit as opposed to classes?
For most of them: There's a need of 12 credits from a B&M school such as a community college.
There's a set of courses that are required - 21 credits. General Arts/Sciences/English.
39 credits can be any course, I would highly recommend courses that will transfer to a BA/BS.
Basically I emailed all 9 WV CC's and had a similar answer to this.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • cookderosa, daelaria, Life Long Learning
Yes, they will take ACE credit. They took my ALEKS math courses for sure (I can't remember what else, but I know for certain those were in there).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
Do any of them waive the B&M requirement?
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(09-01-2017, 11:29 AM)Joeman200 Wrote: Do any of them waive the B&M requirement?

I just spoke with Nancy Parks over at Pierpont.  She is the advisor that helped me work through the requirements to graduate the program, there.  She said that the Credits required from a Regionally Accredited College, are not able to be waived.  That is a key requirement of the program regardless of which WV school you use to get the degree.  

Sorry, sir.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 2 users Like ChilliDawg's post:
  • cookderosa, Joeman200
They shouldn't actually have to be butt-in-seat. I don't see why they can't be online courses from a local CC, Foothill, NMJC, or another regionally accredited institution.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • cookderosa, Ideas
You are correct, Davewill. Online is perfectly fine. i should have specified.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

(09-01-2017, 02:39 PM)davewill Wrote: They shouldn't actually have to be butt-in-seat. I don't see why they can't be online courses from a local CC, Foothill, NMJC, or another regionally accredited institution.

They just have to be from a RA school.  I don't think anyone ever said they had to be butt-in-seat.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-01-2017, 08:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For most of them: There's a need of 12 credits from a B&M school such as a community college.
There's a set of courses that are required - 21 credits. General Arts/Sciences/English.
39 credits can be any course, I would highly recommend courses that will transfer to a BA/BS.
Basically I emailed all 9 WV CC's and had a similar answer to this.

SUPER helpful, thank you BJ!
So for those of you that have looked, are they all pretty much the same in terms of cost - is there one that is a clear winner?

My friend has 30 credits - 15 from CLEP and 15 from a community college. I think this might be an option for her to finish inexpensively.

(09-01-2017, 08:58 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, they will take ACE credit. They took my ALEKS math courses for sure (I can't remember what else, but I know for certain those were in there).

Dfrecore, that's awesome!! From our list of freebies, I know those are non-liberal arts electives, do you know if all 60 credits have to be liberal arts? Everything I'm reading says "General Elective" which is confusing to me. I'm guessing it means "General Education Elective?" Do you know by chance?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,572 Yesterday, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 604 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 404 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 245 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How others think of college degrees... bjcheung77 5 545 12-31-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 915 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 559 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  University of Phoenix to offer Competency Based Degrees elcastor21 11 1,222 10-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly) RbxFunRocks 61 6,616 09-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77