Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I added a TESU Capstone page to the wiki
Since I'm on the last few weeks of my capstone class I thought it would be helpful to gather together some of the information from various threads here into one wiki page. That way new students can go to one location to get a good overview of the process and address many FAQs up front. It started out as a collection of links but ended up as a fairly comprehensive overview of what to expect.

If there are any errors please feel free to edit them directly on the wiki. Also if you have additional resources or information please feel free to add them.

Here is the link:  http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/TESU_Capstone

Hope that helps somebody else!

PS there's a research topic idea there that forum members preparing for the capstone might find interesting... Smile
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
[-] The following 6 users Like dcan's post:
  • High_Order1, Ideas, Joeman200, Life Long Learning, mvk, quigongene
For the BSBA? How is the capstone? Are you finding it difficult or just labor intensive?
I'm taking the liberal arts capstone, but I took the BSBA capstone previously before switching majors. The liberal arts capstone is far more work than I anticipated because my chosen topic is actually an intersection of broad topics, and since the topic is technical the mentor asks that it be presented in layman terms. Therefore I have to explain all of them in detail, which I would not have to do if the paper were actually in a technical department. It will probably be about 50 pages long when I'm done.

It isn't difficult once you get into it, because there is a lot of repetition. My final chapter is due tomorrow and I've procrastinated on it for two weeks, and in fact was procrastinating on it by writing the wiki entry. Smile

Once you get into the groove and learn to repeat yourself over and over again in slightly different terms it becomes a lot easier. The paper requires you to repeat yourself several times. Repetition is something that you are repeatedly required to do. Etc.

My wife summarized it best while writing her own papers for another school: "I'm just looking for some facts to put into my BS factory." Smile

I don't know what the BSBA capstone is like today, the example I gave in the wiki was the one I had to do a few years ago. (I took a break after switching majors so there was a gap) But I believe it uses the same textbook I used back then (just a newer version) so it presumably is the same basic approach.

Basically the BSBA capstone was a series of papers that analyzed some particular case study from the text. Then a final paper that required you to analyze a particular business problem and apply your knowledge of various business topics like management, accounting, marketing, law, etc. all together in one report. It was kind of weird too, because the final paper had to be APA format but the instructor insisted on that one paper being single-spaced. It was required to be at least 10 pages long I believe, but because it was single-spaced it is the equivalent of a 20 page "normal" APA paper that is double-spaced.

I've attached a few of my BSBA module papers and the capstone. (and also updated the wiki to point to these as well) It's probably fine since it was four years ago, and if anyone plagiarizes it I'm sure it would be caught by TurnItIn. So feel free to use it to get an idea of what type of work to expect in the class.

Hope that helps!

Attached Files
.docx   TESC BUS-421 MAR 2013 - Module 2.docx (Size: 38.72 KB / Downloads: 188)
.docx   TESC BUS-421 MAR 2013 - Module 3.docx (Size: 44.27 KB / Downloads: 98)
.docx   TESC BUS-421 MAR 2013 - Module 6.docx (Size: 27.5 KB / Downloads: 89)
.docx   TESC BUS-421 MAR 2013 - Final Project.docx (Size: 216.34 KB / Downloads: 212)
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dcan's post:
  • quigongene
Thank you so Much I have to take the Capstone and I'm a bit Nervous...
Excellent! Thank you
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
TESU's website hasn't added the Capstone (or a Cornerstone) to their AA, do you know if that's a whammy, or is it really still not required?
(09-10-2017, 02:06 PM)cookderosa Wrote: TESU's website hasn't added the Capstone (or a Cornerstone) to their AA, do you know if that's a whammy, or is it really still not required?

No capstone for the AA.  The cornerstone IS required I think, but they just haven't updated all of the degrees to show it.  It's required of everyone, unless they get the Study.com affiliate membership.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
Some of my silly questions but with BSBA capstones

are you required to attend a webinar at certain times or anything?
Are you required to communicate with other students?
What is the Avg work load per week?
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(09-10-2017, 04:26 PM)BearEDU Wrote: Some of my silly questions but with BSBA capstones

are you required to attend a webinar at certain times or anything?
Are you required to communicate with other students?
What is the Avg work load per week?

Hi, I am enrolled in the guided study capstone.  As such, there are no webinar requirements.  There are weekly papers due, either in the form of short discussion assignment or a case study which is a bit longer.  If you select an online course, it includes a weekly interaction with discussion that replaces the short discussion assignment in the guided study.  There is also one mid term for both guided and online studies.  I am currently enrolled with Professor Himelstein and it is going well.

I hope this helps.
Oh what is the midterm going to be about? Dam I'm struggling atm to even write a case study for study.com
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,932 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,030 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,212 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,296 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic