Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to work on BSBA TESU Capstone without registering for the class?
(10-28-2017, 11:44 AM)michellerodz Wrote: I just finished the course.  I took the self guided course. I did two pages for the discussion assignment and four pages for the case study (all double spaced).  The mid term consisted of five questions to be answered in essay format and got a 98.  I was asked the professor if I could pick my own topic for the final paper and he agreed.  I got 100 on all papers.  The course is very interesting and went by fast. 

Congrats Michellerodz!  Can you tell us the name of your mentor/instructor?

How many pages was your final project?

About how many hours/day would you say you spent on the course?

Was the textbook publisher's website ever used during the course?  For example, here's a link to some publisher material for the 19th edition:
http://highered.mheducation.com/sites/00...ideos.html
I'm guessing you used the 21st edition.
I came to this forum researching for my now 17-yr-old son who was earning credits via testing and online courses. He completed TESU's BUS-421 in March 2018, the capstone for the TESU BSBA GM degree.  Below are the courses he took:
Study.com: Business 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 109, 113, 121, 308, 309; Economics 101, 102; Finance 101, 102; History 103, 104, 106, 108; Math 103; Political Science 102; Religion 101; Geology 101; Nutrition 101; Chemistry 101; English 305
SL: Intro to Communications, Accounting 1&2, Financial Accounting
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Statistics
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101, 102, 103
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
312N-H Ethics & the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Community College: English 101 & 102, Calculus 1
TESU: MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP, BUS-421-OL BSBA Capstone Course (January 2018 term)
Just an update for everyone who's asking about the GS vs. Online. I'm doing the GS, and I'm now regretting it because the Discussion question for the last one was sooooo looonggg! It was 3 pages to answer all of the questions. Also, I got 85% on both of the discussions. I got 100% on both of the Case Studies so far, and they are much more detailed and interesting. So for those who would rather do the forum/online portion instead, go for it. Don't waste your time on the GS if you don't have to.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Joeman200
I tried to warn you Tongue

Sorry, sounds like a huge pain.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(10-29-2017, 02:04 AM)jsd Wrote: I tried to warn you Tongue

Sorry, sounds like a huge pain.

I know you did jsd!!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-29-2017, 12:10 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an update for everyone who's asking about the GS vs. Online.  I'm doing the GS, and I'm now regretting it because the Discussion question for the last one was sooooo looonggg!  It was 3 pages to answer all of the questions.  Also, I got 85% on both of the discussions.  I got 100% on both of the Case Studies so far, and they are much more detailed and interesting.  So for those who would rather do the forum/online portion instead, go for it.  Don't waste your time on the GS if you don't have to.

dam 100% thats nice congrats! lol any tips you can share for us thats about to write their first case study? did you write it following this order? Identification, Analysis & evaluation, and recommendation while  answering the case study questions as well. for your sources did you use the book as a source or outside sources about the company?
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(10-28-2017, 03:10 PM)wandac Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:44 AM)michellerodz Wrote: I just finished the course.  I took the self guided course. I did two pages for the discussion assignment and four pages for the case study (all double spaced).  The mid term consisted of five questions to be answered in essay format and got a 98.  I was asked the professor if I could pick my own topic for the final paper and he agreed.  I got 100 on all papers.  The course is very interesting and went by fast. 

Congrats Michellerodz!  Can you tell us the name of your mentor/instructor?

How many pages was your final project?

About how many hours/day would you say you spent on the course?

Was the textbook publisher's website ever used during the course?  For example, here's a link to some publisher material for the 19th edition:
http://highered.mheducation.com/sites/00...ideos.html
I'm guessing you used the 21st edition.
Hi, my mentor was Dr Nathan Himelstein.  He is a great mentor, he provides feedback and grades in a timely manner.  My final paper was 20 pages from the title page until the last reference page.  There is a link on one of the posts for examples.
Since I work full time, I mostly spent four hours a week on the weekend.  The final paper took me two weeks to research and write.
I used the 21st edition. I rented it from Amazon for $23.00
I Hope this helps
[-] The following 1 user Likes michellerodz's post:
  • wandac
Wow nice dam only 23.00. amazon really beefed up the price around when the school semester starts in brick and mortor.

I really need to search through the posts on this forum to find some examples.

Are you done with everything and now moving on to graduating?
Just follow the directions, it's pretty well laid-out.  Each one is different and asks for different things, so there is no single set of directions for all case studies.

I used the book, as well as outside sources (the company's website with their financial statements is a great place to start).  The nice thing with Word: once you add a source, it is there for you to use in the future, so you can just grab it again and again as you need it for each Case Study.
(10-29-2017, 05:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just follow the directions, it's pretty well laid-out.  Each one is different and asks for different things, so there is no single set of directions for all case studies.

I used the book, as well as outside sources (the company's website with their financial statements is a great place to start).  The nice thing with Word: once you add a source, it is there for you to use in the future, so you can just grab it again and again as you need it for each Case Study.

Hey thanks I just wrote my first case study by following the questions. Im on to the next one now.

Did you take your midterm yet? If you did how was it? Did it have just essays or was it a mix between multiple choice/essay? Was it hard?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,206 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic