Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to work on BSBA TESU Capstone without registering for the class?
Hey dfrecore which tesu capstone do you pick the guided study or online course ?

Is there a mandatory time you have to show up online or anything like that? How many pages is the case study paper=)
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
Nope, as per their website, November capstone is the latest for March Graduation. That's the reason I said earlier to take it in November. Don't stress out over that one capstone, I had the person doing two study.com courses each month with the capstone so they could finish their degree.

Three courses each month total - the two study.com courses aren't that hard to complete a month. Before the capstone/Study.com courses, I had them do the remainder of those courses at Straighterline (roughly 1 course a in 3 days practically).

If I read your spreadsheet correctly, you don't have many classes left, finish what you can by end of October. For November, take 2 study.com courses and the capstone. For December and January, repeat. Just apply for graduation BEFORE end of the year (pay for everything before January 1st).

For whatever reason, if you still need time, the latest you can send the transcripts would be end of January or first week of February once you finish everything. The person who finished in 4 months was this person, he had roughly 21 credits to start - http://degreeforum.net/mybb/showthread.p...#pid228375
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-27-2017, 12:30 AM)BearEDU Wrote: Hey dfrecore which tesu capstone do you pick the guided study or online course ?

Is there a mandatory time you have to show up online  or anything like that? How many pages is the case study paper=)

I always recommend online. The blog posts are graded very leniently (basically you get 100% unless you just can't follow directions). The usual pattern will be 1 post due mid-week, then two short replies to classmates due by the end of the week. They are basically free points. Guided study replaces them with extra written assignments. 

In all of my TESU courses, I never had to show up online at a set time, just meet the due dates. In the liberal arts capstone, the mentor was even fine with late assignments so long as I informed him in advance of missing a deadline. He said that school policy tied his hands (he had to dock points) if a student missed a due date without advance notice. In my case, I ended up paying for a 2 week term extension to get finished. There's no reason to feel trapped if life gets in the way.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • mc.christi
Ooh nice what is the finals and midterms is it proctored exams? Or just essay submissions
(09-27-2017, 12:30 AM)BearEDU Wrote: Hey dfrecore which tesu capstone do you pick the guided study or online course ?

Is there a mandatory time you have to show up online  or anything like that? How many pages is the case study paper=)

I am doing the guided study, because I LOATHE having to do the blog posts, it's a huge time-waster for me, and so damn stupid.  I'm even willing to give up 100% on those stupid things to stay away from them.

Also, we are going on vacation for two of the weeks during the time period, so it was easier for me to do the GS and do my work before leaving - I do NOT want to log in and write blog posts while I'm in Maui with my husband for our anniversary - no thank you!  Or Cabo with the family...seriously.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Writing is one of my fears thats why i was thinking if it was possible to write it before hand. it took me 1 week to to write an essay on study.com lol. I'm definitely going to try to finish all my courses and submit it before Jan 1st. i also plan to take the capstone in nov for the march graduation. I have 3 writing courses left and 3 regular ones... dam stress creeping in even thinking about it.

Is the midterm the same for both proctored exam about the 4 modules is it easy? How much more writing is the GS one ?
(09-27-2017, 07:50 PM)BearEDU Wrote: Writing is one of my fears thats why i was thinking if it was possible to write it before hand. it took me 1 week to to write an essay on study.com lol. I'm definitely going to try to finish all my courses and submit it before Jan 1st. i also plan to take the capstone  in nov for the march graduation. I have 3 writing courses left and 3 regular ones... dam stress creeping in even thinking about it.

Is the midterm the same for both proctored exam about the 4 modules is it easy? How much more writing is the GS one ?

No clue, since I just started.  And I have nothing to compare it to.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-27-2017, 06:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I am doing the guided study, because I LOATHE having to do the blog posts, it's a huge time-waster for me, and so damn stupid.  I'm even willing to give up 100% on those stupid things to stay away from them.

Also, we are going on vacation for two of the weeks during the time period, so it was easier for me to do the GS and do my work before leaving - I do NOT want to log in and write blog posts while I'm in Maui with my husband for our anniversary - no thank you!  Or Cabo with the family...seriously.

This post is spot on.... it's all "personal preference".  One advantage I can see is that for GS, you may "set your own schedule" and maybe do things "faster", whereas, for the online version, you are placed into a set schedule.  But at the end of the day, these activities that need to be done are the same.

If you have internet wherever you go every day or hour of the day, do the Online version.  If you don't and have limited access to the internet, or want to be in a more secluded location the GS.  The reason is simple, the course is "EXACTLY" the same - same assignments/discussions/exams/projects, the format is different.  Flip a coin if you are "in the middle of the road with internet access" or if it is spotty...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Oh if it's exactly the same assignments along with the assignments then the gs seems better then if I'm able to finish things asap and hand it in
(09-22-2017, 05:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ... The capstone isn't hard for the BSBA...

I appreciate your zest for posting here, but I wish you wouldn't say things like that. 'Hard' is really subjective. I've taken 'hard' courses I thought were very 'easy' because a) I already knew the subject material, and b) I test very well.

On the other hand, I've taken 'easy' courses that I thought were very 'hard' because even though I've done the topic at hand for a living, and thought I had a good handle on the subject material, AND test well, between not being able to recall as well as I used to and having to repackage things in an academic format, I struggled mightily.

For people like me that came here looking for advice, and looking back now, it would have been better to say ' the BSBA capstone only has x papers of y pages to write, the instructors apparently are very lax about grading and turn in times, and I haven't found anyone that seems to think it was a difficult course, even working full time and having home issues'. I don't trust the word 'easy' in regards to college anymore, and only accept 'hard' when I see a majority reporting this opinion.

Just my opinion
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • mc.christi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,974 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,299 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic