Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelors
(09-22-2017, 09:59 AM)22gunsonfire Wrote: You could Shmoop your way to an English degree from TESU. Youd still have to do all the required courses but you could knock out all the English degree concentration requirements (minus non-western lit) in less than 2 months. Youd still have to source non-western lit if you didn't want to take it at TESU and TESU requires a capstone. You could try to do it all simultaneously and have it completed in 3 months max I would guess.

Do they allow someone to enroll in the capstone when they have none or few AOS credits done?

You can take the Capstone anytime you want. That's with 0 credits (yes, I took the Strategic Management TECEP last year) without transferring anything into the BSBA Degree. I also took the Strategic Business Management course at Penn Foster for prep work and 3 extra credits. I told this to a few members, and it worked to their benefit as well. 6 UL credits for about $450 or less.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-22-2017, 06:52 AM)tck2008 Wrote: Hi dfecore,

Yeah it's upsetting since I just want to continue into the MBA in Finance right away.

The BA in Psychology with concentration in Industrial Organization seems like good fit but if I do it at Patten then how would that impact the MBA in Finance? I'm going to contact them today. Maybe I can do both at the same time and finish faster.  I have a discussion today at work to understand more about the nonsense. I really want to dive in the MBA of Finance right away.

Thank you

You said that your employer requires two bachelor's degrees in these areas. What are "these areas?" You mentioned a liberal arts/liberal studies degree. Now, you're considering a psychology degree. Psychology is not liberal arts/studies, and neither one of those are business administration. If you need a degree in a liberal art, then psychology will work, but I'm still confused.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Hi All,

It doesn't have to be specific to Liberal Arts but it is the one I found at TESU to finish faster without realizing of the second bachelors policy. I was thinking of just finishing the 3 courses and transfer them but I was ignorant of the policy.

I built a case today to appeal the second bachelors and just continue with the MBA. It will be reviewed by the board and a final decision in 2 weeks. In the meantime I really want to prepare to the outcome whatever it may be.

In case I have to do the second bachelors I agree it should be the fastest/cheapest one ever. I cannot agree with you more that is nonsense but it wont take me long to do an easy path to it. I want to concentrate on the MBA and want to learn more about what school and issues with Patten. I heard it is the cheapest / fastest but also there are some negative facts I still need to read.

Thank you all !!!

Below is the feedback from TESU:

According to our second degree policy, if you are interested in earning a BA degree in Liberal Studies after your ASBA degree and BSBA degree are awarded you will need to complete a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit in the Liberal Studies area of study after your other degrees are awarded on December 15, 2017. You will also need to pay any applicable enrollment fees and another graduation fee for any additional degree that you are interested in pursuing. I encourage you to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor if you would like to pursue any additional degrees.

Second degree policy –

Second Baccalaureate Degree
Students who have received one baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution and wish to earn a second baccalaureate degree must:

· Complete a minimum of 24 credits. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.

· Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.
I was told the same thing by TESU. An additional residency waiver and a separate capstone. It wasn't cost effective to pay another 3-4k for a second bachelors when I could get a masters for not much more at WGU.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(09-22-2017, 09:39 PM)rlw74 Wrote: I was told the same thing by TESU. An additional residency waiver and a separate capstone. It wasn't cost effective to pay another 3-4k for a second bachelors when I could get a masters for not much more at WGU.

I agree, I should have an answer soon and I'm hoping I can start the MBA. It just doesn't make sense at all. It is an absurd global HR idea...

If I get cleared to just do MBA in Finance , would Patten be the right choice? I know I can transfer up to 6 credits but from where? I'm not good writing essays but better at studying the material and testing out the class with quizzes, tests , etc. Just like SL, study.com, and others.
All schools have their "kinks", if you can get past those, then Patten is a very good option for your MBA Finance as that's the program I'm looking at... I hope I didn't scare you when I mentioned JSD's "undesirable" review of their Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, he finished it at TESU instead. Anyways, they are my "choice" of school for the MBA Finance as it's "cheap/easy/fast". I think for BA Psych, Patten sucks, but for their MBA, they're not bad at all....

If I had the time, I would wait for WGU to get ACBSP accreditation, but that may not happen for the next two years or three, I'll work on another Masters such as Hodges MPA/MIS and follow up with the WGU MSML or something when the time comes, my final plan actually is to get a cheap/easy/fast DBA (I'm looking at speeding through a 4 year DBA program in two years or less from Taft).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-22-2017, 11:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: but for their MBA, they're not bad at all....

Based on what? We don't really have firsthand experiences of folks who finished around here.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
There are some people that have finished fairly quickly passing one paper / one final per course quickly. I also would like to read more success stories or feedback from actual students about their progress but this info is missing...
(09-22-2017, 01:48 PM)tck2008 Wrote: Thank you, they have allowed me to work on the MBA first as long as I also achieve a second bachelors.

That is one of the craziest things I've ever heard.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 290 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,715 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 866 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,533 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 3,360 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 757 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How can I speed up my bachelors? arcangel27 29 2,523 03-15-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: arcangel27
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,623 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  EdX Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degree expansion bjcheung77 3 1,109 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 3,868 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow