Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate exams, but want a Master's? You're in luck!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a much better writer than I am a test-taker.

For those who are like me and are interested in going to Amberton University to acquire their Master’s Degree, you’ll be happy to discover that not all of their classes require tests.

I have prepared a list of classes that I have seen (and some that I have personally taken) that do not require exams.

Bear in mind, some of these online classes do require exams depending on the professor and semester. Be sure to check out all the class offering PDFs on the Amberton website. Scroll through each syllabus to find the one that doesn’t require exams. If they all require exams, you may have to wait until the next semester for this class to select the professor that doesn’t have this requirement.

But so far, these are the classes that I’ve seen from some semesters and professors that don’t have exams:

Christian Counseling
Sex Roles in Business and Society
Research Methods
Ethics for Decision Making
Conflict Management
Life Span Development
Motivation
Public Speaking
Communicating for Results in Organizations
Power of Wisdom and Love
Leadership Theories and Practice
Addiction Counseling
Family Studies
Adult Learning in the Workplace
kevinmane Wrote:I don’t know about you, but I’m a much better writer than I am a test-taker.

If you have any info regarding the reverse, I'd definitely be interested - independent studying/test-taking Big Grin writing :ack:!
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
[-] The following 1 user Likes SuZQ2's post:
  • jrickett630
kevinmane Wrote:I don’t know about you, but I’m a much better writer than I am a test-taker.

For those who are like me and are interested in going to Amberton University to acquire their Master’s Degree, you’ll be happy to discover that not all of their classes require tests.

I have prepared a list of classes that I have seen (and some that I have personally taken) that do not require exams.

Bear in mind, some of these online classes do require exams depending on the professor and semester. Be sure to check out all the class offering PDFs on the Amberton website. Scroll through each syllabus to find the one that doesn’t require exams. If they all require exams, you may have to wait until the next semester for this class to select the professor that doesn’t have this requirement.

But so far, these are the classes that I’ve seen from some semesters and professors that don’t have exams:

Christian Counseling
Sex Roles in Business and Society
Research Methods
Ethics for Decision Making
Conflict Management
Life Span Development
Motivation
Public Speaking
Communicating for Results in Organizations
Power of Wisdom and Love
Leadership Theories and Practice
Addiction Counseling
Family Studies
Adult Learning in the Workplace

Agreed.

In my final semester at Amberton, and the majority of my assignments have been papers.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Agreed, if I could find a MBA with only exams and no papers I would be really thrilled.
(in response to SuZQ2)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chorizo's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Edinburgh Business School Heriot-Watt University is a self-study with 5 core & 7 elective exams only for their MBA program.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Edinburgh Business School Heriot-Watt University is a self-study with 5 core & 7 elective exams only for their MBA program.

Here's a very tall order...

Do you know of a similar program for Liberal Arts or possibly Psychology?

In my perfect world, I'll eventually find a MA in English Literature with NO writing requirement...Fantasy Island University, perhaps Confusedmilelol:???
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
I'm like the OP- I'd rather write papers than take exams. It's also more like what you'll exprience in the business world, so it's better preparation.
WGU a few years back was built on the papers only structure and I bet it was more enjoyable than the current exam + papers layout now. Amberton seems to be the closest to the papers only format, even in their MBA program, if you are very selective on the course/professor.

Patten University has a weighted paper + exam structure. Does not fit either side perfectly but definitely an efficient option for both.

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Yenisei
(01-07-2017, 09:36 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Edinburgh Business School Heriot-Watt University is a self-study with 5 core & 7 elective exams only for their MBA program.

It actually looks like 7 core and 2 electives (4 if you want a concentration).

As to the written-only programs, does anyone know how rigorous Amberton is? I rather enjoy writing as opposed to examinations, but I've heard that some Amberton students are writing 200-400 pages per semester, which comes out to roughly 900-1200 pages for the entire program, assuming you're taking the maximum number of courses per semester that you are allowed. IIRC, the WGU MBA program only requires a small handful of exams and about 250 pages of writing in all, so the idea of Amberton requiring 900-1200 pages of work for a degree is...well, not worth it.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Noticed that after my original post but since I included the link, figured future interest would find out after reviewing the site. Smile

Amberton page count has been shared in the forum and most respond in fear at the number of pages. With that being said, I have not read a negative review in the forum from past or current students, so perhaps, while in the course, it does not feel as painful as it reads in this forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,664 515,938 33 minutes ago
Last Post: aimz
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 257 8 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,004 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 483 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 712 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 492 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone