Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Intermediate Accounting II prerequisite
The Intermediate Accounting II page on Penn Foster says one can only enroll if they've taken Intermediate Accounting I with Penn Foster.

I'm wondering if there is a way around it or if this is new because all of the posts I've read seem to be of people who have only taken the Intermediate Accounting II.

Thanks for any input
Bump: Anyone knows of this requirement as I would like to take the course there as well.
https://www.pennfoster.edu/college/all-p...accounting

I went to their website and there is a telephone to call but when I call, it goes to voicemail.
I have waited for a follow-up and nothing so far. Does anyone have any ideas?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Most schools have prereqs that say you have to have taken XXX, not that you have to have taken it with THEM. So if you've taken Int Acct I, then you should be fine to enroll in Int Acct II.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You can double check that your SL course works when you call Penn Foster's number to sign up for the course. They will probably just ask if you've taken Int Acct 1, they probably won't ask from where.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
I have recently taken intermediate accounting II with Penn Foster and they are completely fine with you taking intermediate accounting I somewhere else just as long as you've taken it. 

Just as a side note study like crazy for the final exam and focus specifically on doing journal entries. I did not know it was going to be about doing journal entries from scratch and I only had an hour to do it so it caused me to almost bomb the exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,562 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 495 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,223 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,216 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations okikuma 15 4,059 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,213 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,405 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teach myself Accounting natshar 7 1,862 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: natshar
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 1,859 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,120 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85