Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
(01-29-2018, 08:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 07:46 PM)leon2017 Wrote: I have completed 2 Lower Level courses and tomorrow I should finish Business Ethics. That would be 6 LL credits plus the Sophia free course. I still have one more LL course and two UL to take.

The ad visor told me the following:
For example you can take 3 upper level History courses or 4 Communication courses (including Ethics of Communications) to satisfy your depth. You need Upper level Arts & Science credit to complete your degree.

I still do not understand when LL or UL and how it is accepted at Excelsior.
Can I take the remaining UL courses at Study.com? or DSST would be best. Can someone guide me during my last steps with the right UL courses?

EC goes with what ACE determines whether a course is UL or LL.  UL is 300- or 400-level courses, so things you would take your 3rd/4th year at a college.  LL is 100- or 200-level courses, so what you would normally consider "gen ed", and what you would take in your first 2 years, or at a Community College.

Here's the link to ACE: http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=browse.main
Find the course provider, and click on them.  Then click on the course you're interested in.  Scroll down, and it will tell you if it's considered a LL or UL course.

As an FYI, here are some breakdowns:

All LL
TEEX Cybersecurity courses
NFA free course
SL
CLEP
Ed4Credit

Mostly LL
Saylor is all LL except BUS208: Prin of Management
Shmoop is all LL except Geometry (2cr UL)

Mixture of UL & LL
ACTFL is a mixture of LL & UL, depending on how you score on an exam
DSST has 7 UL courses (Money & Banking, Substance Abuse, Intro to Law Enforcement, The Civil War, Vietnam War, Soviet Union & Cybersecurity)
UExcel has a mixture of UL and LL courses, but they will list it on their website (and if the course is 300- or 400-level)
TECEP has a mixture of UL and LL courses, but they will list it on their website (and if the course is 300- or 400-level)
Davar Academy is mostly UL
Coopersmith is a mixture and will tell you on their course description (they are NCCRS rather than ACE)
Study.com is a mixture of UL and LL courses
The Institutes free Insurance Ethics course - 2cr UL

My ACE UL credits were all granted UL at EC.  EC does let some CC credits as UL depending on the subject.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I think I will give the UL a try using these DSSTs. What are the two easiest Arts and Science I can take from this list? I need to use Prometric . Can I take these online with proctor? In my area its real far away.

DSST Business Ethics and Society                                        Humanities
DSST Ethics in America                                                         Humanities
DSST World Religions                                                           Humanities
DSST Criminal Justice                                                            Social Science/History
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction                                      Social Science/History
DSST Money and Banking                                                     Social Science/History
DSST Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union                                Social Science/History                        
DSST Business Law II                                                           Applied Professional
DSST Substance Abuse                                                          Applied Professional
DSST Prin. of Finance                                                            Applied Professional   
DSST Here’s to Your Health                                                  Applied Professional   
DSST Management Information Systems                              Applied Professional
(01-29-2018, 08:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 07:46 PM)leon2017 Wrote: I have completed 2 Lower Level courses and tomorrow I should finish Business Ethics. That would be 6 LL credits plus the Sophia free course. I still have one more LL course and two UL to take.

The ad visor told me the following:
For example you can take 3 upper level History courses or 4 Communication courses (including Ethics of Communications) to satisfy your depth. You need Upper level Arts & Science credit to complete your degree.

I still do not understand when LL or UL and how it is accepted at Excelsior.
Can I take the remaining UL courses at Study.com? or DSST would be best. Can someone guide me during my last steps with the right UL courses?

EC goes with what ACE determines whether a course is UL or LL.  UL is 300- or 400-level courses, so things you would take your 3rd/4th year at a college.  LL is 100- or 200-level courses, so what you would normally consider "gen ed", and what you would take in your first 2 years, or at a Community College.

Here's the link to ACE: http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=browse.main
Find the course provider, and click on them.  Then click on the course you're interested in.  Scroll down, and it will tell you if it's considered a LL or UL course.

As an FYI, here are some breakdowns:

All LL
TEEX Cybersecurity courses
NFA free course
SL
CLEP
Ed4Credit

Mostly LL
Saylor is all LL except BUS208: Prin of Management
Shmoop is all LL except Geometry (2cr UL)

Mixture of UL & LL
ACTFL is a mixture of LL & UL, depending on how you score on an exam
DSST has 7 UL courses (Money & Banking, Substance Abuse, Intro to Law Enforcement, The Civil War, Vietnam War, Soviet Union & Cybersecurity)
UExcel has a mixture of UL and LL courses, but they will list it on their website (and if the course is 300- or 400-level)
TECEP has a mixture of UL and LL courses, but they will list it on their website (and if the course is 300- or 400-level)
Davar Academy is mostly UL
Coopersmith is a mixture and will tell you on their course description (they are NCCRS rather than ACE)
Study.com is a mixture of UL and LL courses
The Institutes free Insurance Ethics course - 2cr UL

How can I enroll in The Institutes free Insurance Ethics course - 2cr UL to transfer to Excelsior?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 251 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 211 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 559 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,262 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 491 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 563 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,503 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 391 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 596 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64