Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
(09-29-2017, 08:34 PM)leon2017 Wrote: Very good feedback. Thank you

Let's say I need 2-3 classes and their capstone. Would I be able to take these clases at SL/Study.com/shmoop/Saylor ??

It will be a lot cheaper to take them and transfer them. Then I'm back to their specific fees and stay away from credit cost with the exception of capstone.

That depends on the classes that they still say you need but in short yes. You can also take advantage of the UExcel Exams which are produced by Excelsior College. https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/choose-your-exam

You can select your UL credits from either Study.com or Excelsior College. The vast majority of the exams are $110 each but I did see a few that were $300+ so I would steer clear of those!!!

I can't wait for you to get your evaluation done so you don't have to speculate anymore!

I wish you well on your journey.
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
(09-29-2017, 08:34 PM)leon2017 Wrote: Very good feedback. Thank you

Let's say I need 2-3 classes and their capstone. Would I be able to take these clases at SL/Study.com/shmoop/Saylor ??

It will be a lot cheaper to take them and transfer them. Then I'm back to their specific fees and stay away from credit cost with the exception of capstone.

I based the degree plans I made on taking ALL courses outside of EC or TESU, except the capstone.  So the price I said was for the total remaining cost of the degree ($3k at TESU and $4k at EC) included SL/STudy.com courses and the capstone at the school.

And, like I said, your main problem with EC is going to be getting enough UL credits to fulfill the requirements.  That means that all of the courses you have taken won't count in the degree, because some will have to get bumped out for the UL courses you're still going to need to take.

TESU is the cheapest and fastest route at this point (based on my best guesses for the 2 degrees).  You might want to try COSC as well, but you will run into the same problem that you have with EC - you need 30cr of UL work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
How much is TESU for the BS?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

A rough estimation was provided earlier by dfrecore, it's very close in price for TESU and Excelsior depending on how you want to slice things - roughly $3300 for TESU and roughly $3800 for Excelsior. However, I think you can drop that down further... but I'm zipping my zipper for this one, as it's a 50/50 chance of getting any further discounts.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi All,

They came back today with the final review of my credits:

am I missing 5 courses?    

- Capstone  3
- Ethics 3  , SL
- Information Literacy 1 , (what is the easiest, cheapest one?)
-  UL , 6,  SL ? which courses?

------------------------------------------------------------->

Degree Code: BSL

1. Degree Template.

Arts and Sciences Credits (60) + Additional Credits (60) = Total Degree Credits Required (120)
Credits
Needed

ARTS AND SCIENCES
Arts and Sciences Lower Level 0.00
Arts and Sciences Upper Level 15.00
TOTAL ARTS AND SCIENCES REMAINING 15.00

APPLIED PROFESSIONAL or ADDITIONAL ARTS AND SCIENCES
Any Academic Area Lower Level 0.00
Any Academic Area Upper Level 0.00
TOTAL IN ANY ACADEMIC AREA REMAINING 0.00
Totals listed above must include the following requirements: 0.00

General Education Requirement:
Written English 0.00
Humanities Distribution 0.00
Humanities Requirement 0.00
Ethics 2.00
Social Sciences/History Distribution 0.00
Natural Sciences/Math Distribution 0.00
Math Requirement 0.00
Natural Science requirement 0.00
Information Literacy 1.00
Capstone Course Requirement 3.00

Depth Requirement in the Arts and Sciences (Depth 1) (included in the total Arts and Sciences) (Effective
7/1/2016 Depth will be 15 credits with 6 at the upper level)
Upper Level Depth 1 6.00
Lower Level Depth 1 9.00

Depth Requirement in Any Academic Area (Depth 2) (Effective 7/1/2016 Depth will be 15 credits with 6
at the upper level)
Upper Level Depth 2 0.00
Lower Level Depth 2 0.00
Can someone please help me understand the last courses I need and fastest way to complete? Will SL , Study.com or other will finish whats pending the quickest? Thanks
I did the Excelsior Information Literacy in 1.5 days this Summer.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(10-16-2017, 04:39 PM)leon2017 Wrote: Can someone please help me understand the last courses I need and fastest way to complete? Will SL , Study.com or other will finish whats pending the quickest? Thanks

Yes and no, for LL you can use SL/Study.com, not UL as most courses, if not all will be LL at Excelsior. Are there specific courses you would want in your BALS? You can take a look at Davar/Saylor as well.
The two DSST you can take are: Here's to your Health and Substance Abuse for 6 UL credits in total.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks, what are the cheapest and easiest course to complete the 6 credits UL. I will take ethics at SL, any suggestions on the rest? Can someone help me plan what courses?
(10-17-2017, 08:37 AM)leon2017 Wrote: Thanks, what are the cheapest and easiest course to complete the 6 credits UL. I will take ethics at SL, any suggestions on the rest? Can someone help me plan what courses?

I have no idea how to read the EC eval, it's not clear to me what you need.  But if you can ask for more specifics, then we can give suggestions.  For instance, "I need 2 UL courses that will fit into Social Science" in which case we could offer the DSST History exams.

Some good ideas for UL courses: DSST (7), UExcel, TECEP, Davar (through NCCRS), Study.com has a bunch now, Ed4Credit (2), Coopersmith/SecularCourses, CSU-Global (most).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 253 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 214 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 563 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,298 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 494 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 567 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,539 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 395 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 599 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64