Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get into gradschool?
So here is my situation. Last year I was in a statistics class at my current University, I had to withdrawal from it at the time because I was in a pinch with my living situation. When i tried to retake the class, they weren't offering it at the time, so I went to a CC to take the class with a plan of transferring it to my Uni. During the second week of the statistics class at the CC I found out about ALEK, and I took the statistic test, passing with a 72% and transferred it to ACE where i then transferred it to my Uni, fulfilling the credit. My goal was to get it done ASAP and the ALEK looked way more appealing than a 12 week course. With the credits being filled, I then drooped my CC class i was taking. Back then I wasn't thinking about grad school, and I realize now that MBA programs require you to send transcripts from ALL your schools before acceptance. Now here is my dilemma, it is going to show a W in the same class twice. One from the Uni its self and one from the Community College. I called the CC and asked them if there was any way i could get the W taken off and was told no. Am I going to be able to get into any program with this on my transcripts? Your input would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Regards
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation." -Henry David Thoreau

BA- Business Management (6)
ALEKS- Intro To Statistics
AAS Business Administration- Community College
Assuming the rest of your application is good, I wouldn't worry about it. I have a few Ws (hell, I even have an F (missed a final)) in my transcripts and got accepted. It's not unusual.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
There are so many grad schools out there, for any one you're looking into, verify with them what the grad requirements for that school. If you have to, there are bridging courses - "basically, make up courses" to get you into the program of choice. Research it, review their websites! Further to that, if one school doesn't accept you, there are plenty that do, education is a big money maker... apply to more than one in your "wanted list".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-27-2017, 09:54 AM)Regards Wrote: So here is my situation. Last year I was in a statistics class at my current University, I had to withdrawal from it at the time because I was in a pinch with my living situation. When i tried to retake the class, they weren't offering it at the time, so I went to a CC to take the class with a plan of transferring it to my Uni. During the second week of the statistics class at the CC I found out about ALEK, and I took the statistic test, passing with a 72% and transferred it to ACE where i then transferred it to my Uni, fulfilling the credit. My goal was to get it done ASAP and the ALEK looked way more appealing than a 12 week course. With the credits being filled, I then drooped my CC class i was taking. Back then I wasn't thinking about grad school, and I realize now that MBA programs require you to send transcripts from ALL your schools before acceptance. Now here is my dilemma, it is going to show a W in the same class twice. One from the Uni its self and one from the Community College. I called the CC and asked them if there was any way i could get the W taken off and was told no. Am I going to be able to get into any program with this on my transcripts? Your input would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Regards

You assume graduate school admission is competitive. There are TONS of open enrollment graduate schools to choose from, especially if you're using distance learning. If, otoh, you're applying to a F2F competitive school, you have a coin flip if they ask you about it. My money says they won't.