Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA in one term
Has anyone completed the WGU MBA in one term? Is it possible?
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Yes someone on this board has.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
There are several people on the forum that have under the old format (writing assignments only) and a couple of people who have with the new mixed combination of writing assignments and exams.

Here's a helpful blog that walks through a 4.5 month run at completing an MBA with WGU:
http://felixwong.com/2015/04/how-i-did-a...hs-at-wgu/

With hard work and great time management, it is definitely possible to finish in 1 term. Since the majority of the courses are exams, once you have a strong understanding of the course material, you can really move through the program fast.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(09-29-2017, 04:16 PM)kalishakti Wrote: Has anyone completed the WGU MBA in one term? Is it possible?

I did it in less than 5 months, It's possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes managerman's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I was on track to complete in one term and it is very possible. However, It took me ~ 9 months. I took a few long breaks between courses and decided to not rush to complete in one term for two reasons.
1. I thought it would look fishy on a resume that I complete a MBA in 6 months.
2. Between the military TA and scholarships, it didn't cost me a dime to extend to a second term.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
[-] The following 1 user Likes gingerbeefE's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Excellent score with financial aid. WGU & the luxury of being able to take your time must have been a really nice experience. For most trying to complete their degrees in 1 term, you're thankful for WGU but the overall experience can feel like a pressing blur!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(10-07-2017, 07:52 PM)gingerbeefE Wrote: I was on track to complete in one term and it is very possible. However, It took me ~ 9 months. I took a few long breaks between courses and decided to not rush to complete in one term for two reasons.
2. Between the military TA and scholarships, it didn't cost me a dime to extend to a second term.

How would anyone know that you'd completed it in 6 months?  Lots of MBA or Masters programs are 9-12 months, so graduating within a year of getting your degree wouldn't be unheard of.

Plus, I'm not a believer in putting my graduation dates on my resume, so I'm thinking no one would know what I did or how quickly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Ideas, jsd
(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 07:52 PM)gingerbeefE Wrote: I was on track to complete in one term and it is very possible. However, It took me ~ 9 months. I took a few long breaks between courses and decided to not rush to complete in one term for two reasons.

How would anyone know that you'd completed it in 6 months?  Lots of MBA or Masters programs are 9-12 months, so graduating within a year of getting your degree wouldn't be unheard of.

Plus, I'm not a believer in putting my graduation dates on my resume, so I'm thinking no one would know what I did or how quickly.

Many jobs require applications, and some applications require attendance dates. I had one employer ask me how I graduated from TESU in six months. Fortunately for me, I could say that I transferred most of my credits from previous colleges attended.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • Cheeseburrito, GoodYellowDogs
(10-08-2017, 02:46 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Many jobs require applications, and some applications require attendance dates. I had one employer ask me how I graduated from TESU in six months. Fortunately for me, I could say that I transferred most of my credits from previous colleges attended.

I've encountered applications that asked for dates of attendance as well. (but my resume does not list dates next to my degrees)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marian U Wisc MPath Flex: 4-Wk Term Competency Masters, Pay By Sem Hr Jonathan Whatley 5 1,128 03-05-2022, 04:47 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden Tempo Learning - June 7, 2021 Start - MBA FREE Term bjcheung77 17 2,778 07-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: jsd
  First Term Free at Walden! sanantone 197 22,766 02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months amilitab4k9 15 3,985 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9