Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior UExcel Ethics exams
(10-01-2017, 04:36 PM)bernieyeater Wrote: http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/d...a_2016.pdf

http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/d...ociety.pdf

DSST Ethics in America is lower division.  DSST Business Ethics is upper division.

EC told me that the class had to have the name "Ethics" in it to satisfy their Ethics requirement.

I am using the DSST Ethics in my current Excelsior College degree program right now with no issues.

DSST SF*474 Ethics in America is listed as lower division and Humanities.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(10-01-2017, 06:03 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 04:36 PM)bernieyeater Wrote: http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/d...a_2016.pdf

DSST Ethics in America is lower division.  DSST Business Ethics is upper division.

EC told me that the class had to have the name "Ethics" in it to satisfy their Ethics requirement.

I am using the DSST Ethics in my current Excelsior College degree program right now with no issues.

You must have taken it before the change in status. If you take the test now, it is LL.

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300162
(10-01-2017, 06:10 PM)radconjohn Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 06:03 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

You must have taken it before the change in status. If you take the test now, it is LL.

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300162

I took it before 2013 when it was listed as UL by Excelsior College.  Now in 2017, Excelsior College listed it as LL and humanities on my degree.  Its does not say in my Excelsior degree that it must be UL or LL.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(09-30-2017, 06:55 PM)radconjohn Wrote: I have to take an Excelsior UExcel exam for ethics, and my choices are : Ethics: theory and practice, or Business ethics, or Bioethics: philosophical issues. I have never taken an ethics class or exam before and have not found any or very little feedback on any of these exams here. Was wondering if there is anyone who has taken any of these exams and could provide some feedback and whether which one is easier than the other or which one has some good study material. Thanks for any help!

I just completed the Bioethics, philosophical issues UExcel exam this past weekend. I passed the exam with a "C". Not a great score but I am so happy that I passed. I really dislike the topic and I found it difficult to prepare for. I used the two UExcel practice exams and the exam in the content guide as a basis for studying. I will say that all in all, they were good enough to guide my studying.
I didn't buy any of the books because of cost so I just used the practice exam questions to research the topics. I've read that some people have found that the practice questions largely mirror the actual exam; however, I would say that I only found about 25 - 30% of the questions actually did. Regardless, I think the practice exams provide a solid foundation for studying.
I needed to take the course to complete my distribution requirement in the Natural Sciences/Math for my BSLA degree at Excelsior. Having passed puts me 2 courses from completing my degree!
Smile 

I hope this helps and good luck!
[-] The following 2 users Like keynext's post:
  • ajs1976a, radconjohn
(10-10-2017, 06:05 PM)keynext Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 06:55 PM)radconjohn Wrote: I have to take an Excelsior UExcel exam for ethics, and my choices are : Ethics: theory and practice, or Business ethics, or Bioethics: philosophical issues. I have never taken an ethics class or exam before and have not found any or very little feedback on any of these exams here. Was wondering if there is anyone who has taken any of these exams and could provide some feedback and whether which one is easier than the other or which one has some good study material. Thanks for any help!

I just completed the Bioethics, philosophical issues UExcel exam this past weekend. I passed the exam with a "C". Not a great score but I am so happy that I passed. I really dislike the topic and I found it difficult to prepare for. I used the two UExcel practice exams and the exam in the content guide as a basis for studying. I will say that all in all, they were good enough to guide my studying.
I didn't buy any of the books because of cost so I just used the practice exam questions to research the topics. I've read that some people have found that the practice questions largely mirror the actual exam; however, I would say that I only found about 25 - 30% of the questions actually did. Regardless, I think the practice exams provide a solid foundation for studying.
I needed to take the course to complete my distribution requirement in the Natural Sciences/Math for my BSLA degree at Excelsior. Having passed puts me 2 courses from completing my degree!
Smile 

I hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you for your feedback!! 
Bumping this up to see if there is anymore feedback on these exams.

Thanks!
I intended on testing out of Ethics but if you do not take 12 credit hours at Excelsior you are removed from the Veteran Partner program and about $2,500 in fees kick in. (Multisource fee, yearly fee, graduation fee, application fee). Therefore I am enrolled in Business Ethics as a course. Got four more classes to go.
(12-11-2017, 07:44 PM)bernieyeater Wrote: I intended on testing out of Ethics but if you do not take 12 credit hours at Excelsior you are removed from the Veteran Partner program and about $2,500 in fees kick in. (Multisource fee, yearly fee, graduation fee, application fee). Therefore I am enrolled in Business Ethics as a course.  Got four more classes to go.

$FREE  Application for Admission and Preliminary review of Transcripts, Transferred in 116/120 Credits
$760   Military Multi-Source Enrollment
$435  Graduation Fee (paid by Post 9/11 GI Bill).

These were the only fees I paid (OK, post 9/11 GI Bill paid them).   

$760 Multisource fee, No yearly fee, $435 graduation fee, No application fee).  I am a Veteran not still serving!
Total Fees; $1195 Big Grin

You might check your fees?

(12-11-2017, 04:18 PM)radconjohn Wrote: Bumping this up to see if there is anymore feedback on these exams.

Thanks!

I took both of these exams. I got a B on the Ethics: Theory & Practice exam in 2015 and a C on the Business Ethics exam in 2016. The recommended iTunes course for Ethics: Theory & Practice was very helpful. Good luck.
I took the Uexcel Business Ethics exam this past September. I got a B. I really only studied for 2 or 3 days. I think it was a pretty straightforward exam. I did purchase the uexcel practice exams which helped alot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jkerns's post:
  • radconjohn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,364 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,391 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,752 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,537 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,854 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,536 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,264 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 943 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1