Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Free Personal Finance Course
Wait so quick question about the guardian scholarship? Am i only allowed to use 2 a month or can i just blow through all 6 in a month??

I'm trying to finish all my requirements within this month and just worry about the capstone
Study.com is setup to only allow two exam attempts a month.

You can purchase additional attempts for $70/each, but this is on top of your 6 free ones that are spread out over 3 months.

edit: as Bear points out below, you can't purchase extra exam attempts with the scholarship. I had forgotten about this.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Ohh okay then so i get the 2 free a month and then can pay 70 for extra but still only get the 2 a month for 3 months. Darn okay then thanks a heap for the info I'll just use what i need then
(10-06-2017, 12:06 PM)BearEDU Wrote: You get 2 exams a month. It resets each month. tbh you get around 8 exams cause the expiration date is usually around 3-5 days after the reset date. If you can cram some really fast you will get extra ones.

Can you clarify on this please, Bear? Do you mean if I purchase a month membership after my scholarship is done I won't have to pay $70 per test, but can instead try to cram as many as possible into the 3-5 day period after paying for my most recent month? Or is this 8 exams for the time period of our guardian scholarships? Or we can cram in an extra 2 within a few days of our scholarship expiring?

This is where a lot of my confusion lies. I've seen several people on here say they did 8 exams while under scholarship but whenever I ask how they managed that I never get a clear answer.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
just remember you cannot purchase extra attempts if u are on the guardian scholarship. You have total of 8 bc the exam reset date is a couple of days before the membership expiration date. If you plan it out and study the other courses fast you will have alot of time left to study the last two 7,8.

So for example this is what i did.
  • Starting date July 27 Guardian scholarship acceptance - two exams < you start off with 2 i took both exams within 2 weeks Aug 1-aug 15. start studying for exams for next reset aug 15- aug 27
  • Reset date Aug 27 - two exams  < take exams sept 1 - sept 10 started studying for Sept 12-sept 27 reset exams
  • Reset date Sept 27 - two exams  < Finished these two asap and now i have 21 days till next 2 exams
  • Reset date Oct 27 - two exams < these are the extra ones (i now have 21 days to study for these) 
  • Nov 1 - expiration date

My membership expires on Nov 1st my exam reset date is the Oct 27. It means I will be able to take 2 exams within a couple of days So if you have time to cram the last 2 etc.

atm I'm sitting on 21 days till my next exam reset for Oct 27. which will be the extra 7,8 exams. 

I recommend you to print out a calendar and write it all out planning your courses. I went a bit fast and had a bit of time in between that i spent doing other courses
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
[-] The following 2 users Like BearEDU's post:
  • Doodlebabe, Joeman200
(10-06-2017, 04:07 PM)BearEDU Wrote: So for example this is what i did.
  • Starting date July 27 Guardian scholarship acceptance - two exams < you start off with 2 i took both exams within 2 weeks Aug 1-aug 15. start studying for exams for next reset aug 15- aug 27
  • Reset date Aug 27 - two exams  < take exams sept 1 - sept 10 started studying for Sept 12-sept 27 reset exams
  • Reset date Sept 27 - two exams  < Finished these two asap and now i have 21 days till next 2 exams
  • Reset date Oct 27 - two exams < these are the extra ones (i now have 21 days to study for these) 
  • Nov 1 - expiration date

Thank you for clarifying all of that! This is very helpful!

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
Hey @BearEDU could you post how you found the reset date? I found my scholarship expiration date - January 5 - but given my starting date was Oct 5 I'm not really sure where those extra days are.

Oct 5 - 2 exams
Reset date Nov 5 - two exams
Reset date Dec 5 - two exams
Expiration date January 5

This is what I'm guessing here. Since my scholarship started at the beginning of the month as opposed to the end like yours am I losing out on those extra 2 exams because the reset dates are the beginning of the month? Or perhaps because they made it literally 3 months? (Did Study perhaps catch that they were offering end of the month scholarship recipients an unintentional additional 2 exams?)

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

(10-08-2017, 10:04 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Hey @BearEDU could you post how you found the reset date? I found my scholarship expiration date - January 5 - but given my starting date was Oct 5 I'm not really sure where those extra days are.

Oct 5 - 2 exams
Reset date Nov 5 - two exams
Reset date Dec 5 - two exams
Expiration date January 5

This is what I'm guessing here. Since my scholarship started at the beginning of the month as opposed to the end like yours am I losing out on those extra 2 exams because the reset dates are the beginning of the month? Or perhaps because they made it literally 3 months? (Did Study perhaps catch that they were offering end of the month scholarship recipients an unintentional additional 2 exams?)

I have the same question.  I'm not certain where you're getting the "reset date" versus the end of the month.  They just say that I have it for 3 months.  Nothing about a reset date or anything like that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
hmm strange heres my dates. The reset day is the day i go by every time i use up the 2 exams credits. i see a countdown for the days it resets you only see it after you've taken the 2 exams. hmm after you guys take the 2 exams what does the countdown day show ? if you can keep us updated after you taken the 2 exams =) im curious if they changed the dates of expiration to match the day it resets.

@dfrecore are you taking study.com+capstone? dam lol you're a beast. I'm stress trying to finish my last couple of courses before my capstone so i can just focus on it. props to every one that can do it all together

Maybe they've changed the dates of expiration to not have the extra exams in the last round of guardian scholarships? cause all the old ones always expire a couple of days after the reset day thats how every one in the past gotten 8. I got 8 exams as well

[Image: Image%202017-10-09%20at%201.07.47%20AM.p...v=9f8dab2f]

[Image: Image%202017-10-09%20at%201.08.48%20AM.p...v=f99527ae]

my membership expires (Nov 1) a couple of days after my reset day (Oct 28). i've taken 6 exams already so when it resets in 19 days i will have 8
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BearEDU's post:
  • Doodlebabe
Hmmm, I'll let you know once I take my 2. Just needing to get a new webcam before either my husband or I can take our Personal Finance final and then one of us is bound to finish another final by the end of the weekend.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Doodlebabe's post:
  • BearEDU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,362 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,479 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 753 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 621 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle