Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Free Personal Finance Course
(10-09-2017, 04:09 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Hmmm, I'll let you know once I take my 2. Just needing to get a new webcam before either my husband or I can take our Personal Finance final and then one of us is bound to finish another final by the end of the weekend.

nice yea. l have my old logitech c920! it was useful after all lol. I even have my usb extension cables so i can do a better pan of my room 360.

Remember when you are about to take the exam make sure to keep your area clean without papers. I removed everythign off my desk all papers, my walls are clear and i made sure not to be disturbed. The first exam i was nervous but after it was pretty much standard.
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
Husband took final last night, I'll likely do mine tonight. Warning to those with newer webcams, make sure you're logged in as administrator on your cam! Took a 30 minute conversation with someone from tech last night before husband could get the webcam working with Study. Was told some newer models are just finicky.
He got an 89 on his practice final and a 74 on the actual final. Said the questions were WAY different than the quiz questions. Finer details questions and deductive reasoning. As he put it, they're looking less for rote memorization and more for analytical reasoning (which I think is awesome, proves actual learning not just filling your brain and then dumping all the info out on an exam). It threw him off at first but he got into the flow pretty easily once the chaos of the webcam issue and finding different questions than expected melted away.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
What does this mean?

Attached Files
.png   1.png (Size: 21.31 KB / Downloads: 20)
.png   2.png (Size: 24.14 KB / Downloads: 19)
seems like they either fixed it to match membership expiration or the exams reset the day before membership expires. Today+21 days is Nov 4th.
They have different levels of accounts. You have an account that allows for 2 proctored exams each month, thus granting you ACE credit if you pass.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(10-14-2017, 05:33 PM)BearEDU Wrote: seems like they either fixed it to match membership expiration or the exams reset the day before membership expires. Today+21 days is Nov 4th.

Yeah... I'm not sure if I can take more exams on the exact day that it resets.
(10-14-2017, 05:44 PM)ddc009d Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 05:33 PM)BearEDU Wrote: seems like they either fixed it to match membership expiration or the exams reset the day before membership expires. Today+21 days is Nov 4th.

i guess we will see as you get closer to your membership expiration date. Try to finish the the 2 exams in Dec asap. If it still resets on Jan 4th you have on that day to take your last 2 exams before your membership expires on Jan 5.  So you would need to schedule things around with study to get the last two (exam 7,8) if not try to take at least one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BearEDU's post:
  • Doodlebabe
(10-14-2017, 06:17 PM)BearEDU Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 05:44 PM)ddc009d Wrote:

i guess we will see as you get closer to your membership expiration date. Try to finish the the 2 exams in Dec asap. If it still resets on Jan 4th you have on that day to take your last 2 exams before your membership expires on Jan 5.  So you would need to schedule things around with study to get the last two (exam 7,8) if not try to take at least one.

I wonder if they'll still try charging for them retroactively. Will be curious to find out! I'm going to try it, preparing to take my second exam for the month at the end of this week.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
lol yea i like the study.com platform. I go through it usually 1week or 5days depending how rush i am to complete a course.
Unless they changed it - you do not get eight exams. That reset date you are looking at happens at midnight but technically your subscript ends the day before reset. So if you started on July 27 your last day is October 26th - not the 27th because the 27th would be the start of a new month. The scholarship only allows 6 courses total - 2 per month and you can't pay for extra exams. I had two account concurrently and was pretty religious about checking all the dates and I crammed as many exams as I could into a month. I don't there is a way to work the system in this case so don't be disappointed if you started 2 extra courses and don't get those two extra exams.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 3 64 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,427 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,615 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,047 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 372 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 628 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 367 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly