Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Admissions - Still No Response
TESU's website/email says they will contact you 3-6 days after you've applied and state NOT to send in your transcripts until after they contact you. My husband and I decided he should finish his degree first (for budget purposes, and he has more credits than I do) so he applied on 9/23. He still hasn't heard back, has left several messages with admissions, and still hasn't sent in his transcript in fear that it'll get lost or thrown out. We had hoped that March graduation would be in his sights, but now we're not so sure if he'll have the ability to enroll in the November capstone. 
Is it normal to have to wait this long to hear back from TESU? Is there a specific phone number or email he should use to contact other than the one provided to him to finally get a hold of somebody? Any hope at all that March graduation can still happen?
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
I applied August 12th and got acceptance email on the 17th. Did you pay the $75 application fee? They won't process unless you do.
Most colleges offer electronic transcripts so the longest part is having to wait for tesu to evaluate them, they didn't finish mine until the 30th but I still started taking the classes at straighterline that i knew i would need and the free ethics course right away.

Deadline to register for November capstone is the 14th but late registration still runs until Oct 29th So I think you still have some time.
(10-04-2017, 07:05 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: TESU's website/email says they will contact you 3-6 days after you've applied and state NOT to send in your transcripts until after they contact you. My husband and I decided he should finish his degree first (for budget purposes, and he has more credits than I do) so he applied on 9/23. He still hasn't heard back, has left several messages with admissions, and still hasn't sent in his transcript in fear that it'll get lost or thrown out. We had hoped that March graduation would be in his sights, but now we're not so sure if he'll have the ability to enroll in the November capstone. 
Is it normal to have to wait this long to hear back from TESU? Is there a specific phone number or email he should use to contact other than the one provided to him to finally get a hold of somebody? Any hope at all that March graduation can still happen?

I would go ahead and send in transcripts now, and continue contacting them.  He should be in the system at this point, and able to enroll in the capstone.  It should only take a day to get enrolled enough to register.  BUT, if he hasn't taken any Study.com courses, I would make sure to do that as well (he could sign up tonight, and make sure that he enrolls with the Study.com affiliate membership).  The membership gives him the waiver for the cornerstone, the reduced fee for the residency waiver ($1800 instead of $2500), and reduced tuition ($1098 instead of $1497).

If he enrolls in the November capstone, he'll be finished on 1/21.  He'll apply for graduation on 1/1, but they don't start going through everything right away, so his chances are good that they won't get to him until 2/1 or even later, and he'll be done with everything.

If he still has courses to complete besides the capstone, I would make sure that they are all sent by 12/31, so that they have everything they need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-04-2017, 09:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would go ahead and send in transcripts now, and continue contacting them.  He should be in the system at this point, and able to enroll in the capstone.  It should only take a day to get enrolled enough to register.  BUT, if he hasn't taken any Study.com courses, I would make sure to do that as well (he could sign up tonight, and make sure that he enrolls with the Study.com affiliate membership).  The membership gives him the waiver for the cornerstone, the reduced fee for the residency waiver ($1800 instead of $2500), and reduced tuition ($1098 instead of $1497).

If he enrolls in the November capstone, he'll be finished on 1/21.  He'll apply for graduation on 1/1, but they don't start going through everything right away, so his chances are good that they won't get to him until 2/1 or even later, and he'll be done with everything.

If he still has courses to complete besides the capstone, I would make sure that they are all sent by 12/31, so that they have everything they need.

He just got the Guardian Scholarship today. If he's able to enroll in the Capstone class (he did pay his application fee, just hasn't heard back yet) how does he make sure to get the affiliate membership? Or is this obvious when he registers for the course? He only has about 40 credits left to tackle, mostly gen ed, so he should be able to whip through that by 12/31 easy.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
You just have to tell them you are a study.com affiliate member and they add it to his account. I didn't wait to send in my transcripts. I ordered them the same day I applied. It takes YESU 4-6 weeks just to review the transcripts anyway. And those transcripts do not have to be reviewed for him to start the capstone. They can be reviewed at any point.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(10-04-2017, 09:49 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 09:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would go ahead and send in transcripts now, and continue contacting them.  He should be in the system at this point, and able to enroll in the capstone.  It should only take a day to get enrolled enough to register.  BUT, if he hasn't taken any Study.com courses, I would make sure to do that as well (he could sign up tonight, and make sure that he enrolls with the Study.com affiliate membership).  The membership gives him the waiver for the cornerstone, the reduced fee for the residency waiver ($1800 instead of $2500), and reduced tuition ($1098 instead of $1497).

He just got the Guardian Scholarship today. If he's able to enroll in the Capstone class (he did pay his application fee, just hasn't heard back yet) how does he make sure to get the affiliate membership? Or is this obvious when he registers for the course? He only has about 40 credits left to tackle, mostly gen ed, so he should be able to whip through that by 12/31 easy.

That is a LOT of credits to finish, on top of a capstone course, in just under 3 months.  I would say this is the opposite of easy, but I guess that's just me.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-04-2017, 11:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: That is a LOT of credits to finish, on top of a capstone course, in just under 3 months.  I would say this is the opposite of easy, but I guess that's just me.

That's only 14 classes. Divide that by 3 months and that's 4-5 a month. He's got 1 more of the TEEX to do, and he finished the other within a couple hours so that won't take very long. The Personal Finance class on Study will be a cakewalk for him because it's literally what he does for work every day (he works at a bank). Everything else, eh. He's the kind of person who will sit in front of the computer for 6 hours straight reading up research JUST FOR FUN. Who does that? (I may or may not consider myself insane for marrying him haha!) And he retains that information freakishly well and for abnormally long amounts of time. He's a ridiculously fast reader too (not that I'm jealous) which helps. So I think he can finish this faster than I would, for sure.

This is also assuming a handful of his courses won't transfer. He was an engineering major before and has some very specialized classes on his transcript. Until he gets the official evaluation he's assuming they won't even show up as free electives. If they do, awesome! That would lower his course load to about 24 credits needed if they take all of them. Rather be overestimating how much he has left than underestimating.

*Please note: my husband is likely insane and he knows it. And he also knows I think the way his brain works is freakish. Not trying to brag or say he's smarter than anyone or anything when I say 40 credits will be easy for him. There's just something different about how his brain processes things. He is able to go through information at hyper speed and understand it in depth but has no clue as to why he can do that. At least where finishing his degree is involved, it will serve him very well.

**And yes, I am totally jealous that he can do this. Because I have less credits needed than he does but will likely take twice as long to finish. X.x

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

It isn't unheard of on this forum. I finished 42 credits in about 11 weeks and was seriously upset I waited to start the capstone until after I finished all those credits. I wrote the entire 80+ page paper in less than 2 weeks and spent the equivalent of another 2 weeks polishing it off. And I wrote 40 pages of another paper on top of that in the same amount of time because I wasn't sure which topic I wanted to pursue. It was so frustrating to have to wait to submit the modules two weeks apart when I had all of them finished so early in the course. I got 100% on the paper too...so not like I was trying to achieve the bare minimum. I was also enrolled in a full-time master's level advanced translation program that required about 15 hours of homework per week outside of class. So its doable. I would encourage him to go for it and worse case scenario is that if he doesn't get finished he can get approved for the next graduation date and he'll have his capstone out of the way long before that date.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • Doodlebabe
if only i can write like that =/. Writing is one of my weakest points lol i hate writing thats why im so afriad of this capstone. 80+ pages?? dam u are insane lol whats the avg pages for the finals paper

For TESU i waited and waited to see if i was accepted or not. Eventually i just did forgot a password on the site and found out i was actually accepted 3 days from submitting my application. I opened a ticket to make sure i was 100% accepted and they said yea i was already accepted. I sent in my transcripts after from ACE using the email method.

Which capstone format are you guys going for GS or Online?
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(10-05-2017, 05:51 PM)rlw74 Wrote: It isn't unheard of on this forum. I finished 42 credits in about 11 weeks and was seriously upset I waited to start the capstone until after I finished all those credits. I wrote the entire 80+ page paper in less than 2 weeks and spent the equivalent of another 2 weeks polishing it off. And I wrote 40 pages of another paper on top of that in the same amount of time because I wasn't sure which topic I wanted to pursue. It was so frustrating to have to wait to submit the modules two weeks apart when I had all of them finished so early in the course. I got 100% on the paper too...so not like I was trying to achieve the bare minimum. I was also enrolled in a full-time master's level advanced translation program that required about 15 hours of homework per week outside of class. So its doable. I would encourage him to go for it and worse case scenario is that if he doesn't get finished he can get approved for the next graduation date and he'll have his capstone out of the way long before that date.

You sound like you're made of the same cloth my husband is. He's already aiming to sign up for his capstone immediately so hopefully he won't run into the same waiting issue.

(10-05-2017, 07:53 PM)BearEDU Wrote: For TESU i waited and waited to see if i was accepted or not. Eventually i just did forgot a password on the site and found out i was actually accepted 3 days from submitting my application. I opened a ticket to make sure i was 100% accepted and they said yea i was already accepted. I sent in my transcripts after from ACE using the email method.

Which capstone format are you guys going for GS or Online?

Thanks for the heads up Bear! I'll let him know to try that tonight, maybe he can sign up for Capstone this evening or tomorrow! As far as format goes, I think he's intending on doing online. I'll likely do that too when it's my turn. It's not like forum chatting is foreign to me ;-)

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,927 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,618 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,024 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,323 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,819 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore