Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AACSB vs ACBSP schools - Which would you choose for your (graduate) studies?
So, it's been about a year now since AACSB withdrew from CHEA... 
It's now an unrecognized accreditor in CHEA's eyes, but that does affect US DOE or other nations?
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associatio...f_Business

My TESU BSBA is ACBSP and I would like to continue with a school that's also ACBSP accredited as it's "now the one to go with" and may exceed recognition of AACSB if it has not already exceeded the amount of Accounting/Business programs being recognized.

Which would you choose for undergrad and for graduate studies? Some ACBSP programs are affordable or at the very least cheaper than most, if not all AACSB programs.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
AACSB's reputation without CHEA is still a pretty favorable reputation, and if they are successful in ISO Certification as they have been seeking, that could be pretty huge. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/...33968.html
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
AACSB will still be the gold standard since it's the most difficult to obtain. I don't think NASPAA has ever tried for any recognition, but it's still the gold standard for public administration. I keep telling you that IACBE has very little value in public administration. NASP is not recognized, but it's pretty much on par with APA when it comes to school psychology. The top international relations programs are members of APSIA which is another unrecognized organization.clai

Correction: NASPAA claims CHEA recognition now, but they didn't have it for a very long time, but it still managed to become the gold standard for public affairs, policy, and administration.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Would this ever come up in applying for a job? Would you list the AACSB in the resume beside your degree? Or would the HR manager have to be overzealous and run down all of the individual accreditation from the school you attended?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Does it matter at all outside of the academic world? I was under the impression that it's only a consideration of you want to teach business classes... But I'm certainly not that clued in on business degrees.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Everyone made such a big deal about it, so I assumed that meant that SOMEONE would look at it at some point, but I don't know.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,545 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,858 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,030 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 5,375 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,031 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,665 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,768 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,109 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 676 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,646 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77