Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Course Updates
Hello,

Just wondering have there been any Study.com course updates for their Business courses for example, Accounting I and II.
I am also looking at the Federal Income Tax course and some others that's listed in the Business section.

Moreover, are there new changes done already concerning the upper level or lower level of some other courses? 
I am interested in taking some science/social science, etc, courses and would like to know if they'll keep their UL?

Thank you,
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • lca88
The factual part:

On their transfer guide for TESU, study.com says "Note: The transfer guide will be updated in January 2018."

I didn't see the same note on the transfer guides for other schools, although I didn't really investigate that thoroughly.  I don't know if that means that changes are in store for transfers to TESU, or if it has to do with the ACE recommendation.

Now, here's where I start talking out of my @$$ and speculating:

In my observation, the study.com/TESU relationship has gotten pretty "tight" in recent months.   For instance, this page appeared within the past few months.  If you take a look at it, you'll see that they have a study.com course listed for all of the electives with the exception of the capstone course, the AOS and the free electives, even though there are study.com courses that would work for most, if not all of those courses (except the capstone.)  My guess is that TESU is trying to drive students toward in house courses and/or TECEP exams for the AOS courses, and what better way to do that than to make sure there aren't any options for upper level credits from study?  Seriously, someone clearly took the time to make that (very clear and informative) page, why leave out 8 more courses that could transfer?  It doesn't make any sense to me, so therefore there has to be a conspiracy afoot Tongue
(10-13-2017, 09:06 PM)aviator guy Wrote: The factual part:

On their transfer guide for TESU, study.com says "Note: The transfer guide will be updated in January 2018."

I didn't see the same note on the transfer guides for other schools, although I didn't really investigate that thoroughly.  I don't know if that means that changes are in store for transfers to TESU, or if it has to do with the ACE recommendation.

Now, here's where I start talking out of my @$$ and speculating:

In my observation, the study.com/TESU relationship has gotten pretty "tight" in recent months.   For instance, this page appeared within the past few months.  If you take a look at it, you'll see that they have a study.com course listed for all of the electives with the exception of the capstone course, the AOS and the free electives, even though there are study.com courses that would work for most, if not all of those courses (except the capstone.)  My guess is that TESU is trying to drive students toward in house courses and/or TECEP exams for the AOS courses, and what better way to do that than to make sure there aren't any options for upper level credits from study?  Seriously, someone clearly took the time to make that (very clear and informative) page, why leave out 8 more courses that could transfer?  It doesn't make any sense to me, so therefore there has to be a conspiracy afoot Tongue

I'm confused.  Which 8 courses did they leave out?  And why would they have a great transfer guide on their website, but then try to NOT accept courses from Study.com?

This is very similar to the TESU/Saylor Open Course deal, where they put some Saylor courses on there to show how it's possible to test out using a lot of Saylor courses.  It's also like their CLEP, DSST, and ACP pages which show the course equivalencies for those options.

I think you're reading way too much into this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-13-2017, 09:06 PM)aviator guy Wrote: Now, here's where I start talking out of my @$$ and speculating:

In my observation, the study.com/TESU relationship has gotten pretty "tight" in recent months.   For instance, this page appeared within the past few months.  If you take a look at it, you'll see that they have a study.com course listed for all of the electives with the exception of the capstone course, the AOS and the free electives, even though there are study.com courses that would work for most, if not all of those courses (except the capstone.)  My guess is that TESU is trying to drive students toward in house courses and/or TECEP exams for the AOS courses, and what better way to do that than to make sure there aren't any options for upper level credits from study?  Seriously, someone clearly took the time to make that (very clear and informative) page, why leave out 8 more courses that could transfer?  It doesn't make any sense to me, so therefore there has to be a conspiracy afoot

Thanks for the link to TESU's study.com plan for the BSBA.  I think that the other courses don't have Study.com equivalencies because there is a limit of 90 credits that can be applied to a bachelor's degree from each non-school source.  A person could take AOS courses from Study.com, but they wouldn't be able to fill all of their other requirements with Study.com.  It certainly does look like they have tried to steer the people wanting certificates and liberal arts specializations to their own courses though.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,357 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,598 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,470 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 753 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 732 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM