Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Dec graduation
Does anyone know the exact date for December graduation?
Did you apply for graduation? You should have received an email if you're close to graduating as well...

This letter acknowledges the receipt of your Request for Graduation to pursue the BSBA in General Management for the December 15, 2017 graduation. Please be aware that your file will not be audited if the graduation fee has not been paid and you will be required to reapply for graduation through Online Student Services again and pay the graduation fee that is applicable when you reapply. Please note that fees are subject to change and the graduation fee when you reapply may be different from the fee when you originally submitted your graduation application.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-13-2017, 10:32 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you apply for graduation?  You should have received an email if you're close to graduating as well...

This letter acknowledges the receipt of your Request for Graduation to pursue the BSBA in General Management for the December 15, 2017 graduation.  Please be aware that your file will not be audited if the graduation fee has not been paid and you will be required to reapply for graduation through Online Student Services again and pay the graduation fee that is applicable when you reapply.  Please note that fees are subject to change and the graduation fee when you reapply may be different from the fee when you originally submitted your graduation application.

Yep, I applied. Guess I missed that email. Thanks! I decided to switch my AOS to general management so I wouldn't have to push back my graduation any further. For the accounting AOS, the only course that I still need is Intermediate II and I can't get that done in time for Dec graduation. Oh well.

Do you know if I can come back for the BSBA in accounting after I graduate? I wonder how that would work.
(10-13-2017, 02:09 PM)Btaylor89 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 10:32 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you apply for graduation?  You should have received an email if you're close to graduating as well...

This letter acknowledges the receipt of your Request for Graduation to pursue the BSBA in General Management for the December 15, 2017 graduation.  Please be aware that your file will not be audited if the graduation fee has not been paid and you will be required to reapply for graduation through Online Student Services again and pay the graduation fee that is applicable when you reapply.  Please note that fees are subject to change and the graduation fee when you reapply may be different from the fee when you originally submitted your graduation application.

Yep, I applied. Guess I missed that email. Thanks! I decided to switch my AOS to general management so I wouldn't have to push back my graduation any further. For the accounting AOS, the only course that I still need is Intermediate II and I can't get that done in time for Dec graduation. Oh well.

Do you know if I can come back for the BSBA in accounting after I graduate? I wonder how that would work.

No, because you can't take 24cr of new coursework in the AOS (which is needed).  It's kind of a 1-shot deal.

BTW - you could take Int. Acctg at PF in time for graduation.

You might be able to get an undergrad cert, although I'm not sure how that would work after you graduated.  But it can't hurt to ask.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm sure you have your reasons (that I know nothing about), but I would personally be very reluctant to let a 3 three month delay keep me from getting the degree I really wanted.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Oh, that's a bummer. And yeah I could go the PF route but I really don't want to spend over $300 for one course and run the risk of not passing the proctored final (I've read that it's difficult). I was counting on the Study.com course being approved by now, but it sounds like it may not be approved for a while. Hopefully, the decision to switch to general management won't hurt me in the long run.

(10-13-2017, 02:20 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm sure you have your reasons (that I know nothing about), but I would personally be very reluctant to let a 3 three month delay keep me from getting the degree I really wanted.

I hear you, but it's a bit tricky for me. I was initially going for accounting because I wanted to advance with my current employer. The work is tax related, more so than actual accounting but still requires an accounting degree. Now that I'm exploring my options with different employers, I don't feel that an accounting degree is really all that necessary. That being said, I hate the idea of wasting my accounting credits that I worked so hard to get but I'd like to graduate sooner rather than later given the fact that I originally intended to graduate in Sept.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore