Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Easiest/Quickest Courses from Saylor.org
I know there was a thread before about this but I kind of lost with the new layout of the website. Can someone direct me on that thread? 

Also, i don't know if I still want to pursue BOG AAS (because of the requirement for RA courses and I believe when I was trying to apply before, I need a U.S. address which I don't have due to being stationed overseas) or just go straight with BSBA GM and test out the all of the courses. 

CLEP and DSST are currently free except for those courses that I signed up for but missed the deadline on using it due to personal matters (a.k.a. life). Not worried with the cost if it is faster and quicker.

Currently working on:
Cyebr 201
Cyber 301

Please assist on my plans. I just updated my signature. Thanks!
Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Mathematics - 54/61  (Graduate by June 2020)
ASNSM in Computer Science - 55/61 (Graduate by June 2020)
BS in Health Services Technology - 106/120 (Graduate by December 2020)
BSBA General Management - 72/120 (Graduate by December 2020)

US Military Apprenticeship Program
Certificate in Medical Secretary - Earned in 2019
Certificate in Dental Assisting - Earned in 2019
Intro Comparative Politics is supposed to be pretty easy.

It makes sense to do lots of DSST and CLEP! Computing and Information Technology should be pretty easy for most people, as well as Substance Abuse. And the Vietnam War exam if you have watched History Channel shows on it.

(10-16-2017, 11:11 PM)Ideas Wrote: Intro Comparative Politics is supposed to be pretty easy.

It makes sense to do lots of DSST and CLEP! Computing and Information Technology should be pretty easy for most people, as well as Substance Abuse. And the Vietnam War exam if you have watched History Channel shows on it.

Thanks! I'll look into that.

Also, I attached may Joint Service Transcript below. I know someone here is the master of creating a degree plan. I decided to push through on doing both, if possible, BOG AAS and BSBA GM. That Associate's Degree will help me a bit for my periodic evaluation ang Navy Advancement exam. Looking forward for the assistance.

That looks mighty good for a BOG AAS. But where do thoses courses got into a BSBA? I think they're more geared towards a BS Technical Studies, a BALS, or a BSPS. You can try for a BSBA, but keep your options open...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I can do a BSBA for you, but like bjcheung said, why would you get that degree? The courses you've taken will not count, as opposed to getting a BALS, BSPS, or something that will use your JST and courses to more advantage. Unless you just REALLY want the BSBA, in which case I'm happy to do that. Just be prepared to lose all 105cr that you have on your JST. But that seems silly to me.

I would also consider applying to all of the Big 3, to see which ones will give you the best eval. The main issue really, is that you have a lot of courses on your JST that are unknowns. You need to see what each school brings them in as to be able to make a better decision.

Apply at all 3 under the BALS, just to see what you get, and then decide if there's anything that will fit what you have well at each school.

With the 105cr from the JST, 12cr from CLEP/DSST, and the college credits plus ACE credits you have here, you should be VERY close to some sort of degree from somewhere, if you choose the correct one!

BTW - if your Shmoop account is still active, you should use to to take Finite Math and Geometry, since you seem to like math (and you have lots of duplicates).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Docmarvin, have you applied to TESU yet? Get them to do an evaluation of your credits to a BS Technical Studies and see if those would add up to the AOS/Professional Requirements. Did you do chem or physics I and II? Note: I have had several people tell me their lower level college courses were placed in the AOS before. It's worth a try... you'll just be missing the capstone/gen education credits. In fact, you have 15 Free Elective credits for anything as well...

Link: http://www.tesu.edu/ast/bsast/Technical-Studies.cfm
B. Technical Discipline - Technical Courses: 39
A total of 12 area of study credits must be from 300 or 400 level courses
21 credits from a single discipline
18 credits from other applied science and technology disciplines
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-16-2017, 11:11 PM)Ideas Wrote: Intro Comparative Politics is supposed to be pretty easy.

FYI, I found Substance Abuse to be very hard. I don't take medication and I was unfamiliar with a lot of recreational drugs. Besides aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen, I had to learn it all from scratch.
Don't read anything into this statement- but for people with a lot of preexisting knowledge for whatever reason, this exam is probably much easier than if you're starting from scratch. There were many references to brand names as well. Yikes! I'm just commenting to add another perspective on this exam. It was one of my harder ones.
(10-17-2017, 06:38 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

FYI, I found Substance Abuse to be very hard.  I don't take medication and I was unfamiliar with a lot of recreational drugs.  Besides aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen, I had to learn it all from scratch.  
Don't read anything into this statement- but for people with a lot of preexisting knowledge for whatever reason, this exam is probably much easier than if you're starting from scratch.  There were many references to brand names as well.  Yikes! I'm just commenting to add another perspective on this exam.  It was one of my harder ones.

I would be in your boat.  I know virtually nothing about drugs.  My husband on the other hand, with his misspent youth, would probably kill it!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
Do more drugs, do better on college exams is the lesson?

Tongue
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • sarg123
(10-17-2017, 11:23 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I can do a BSBA for you, but like bjcheung said, why would you get that degree?  The courses you've taken will not count, as opposed to getting a BALS, BSPS, or something that will use your JST and courses to more advantage.  Unless you just REALLY want the BSBA, in which case I'm happy to do that.  Just be prepared to lose all 105cr that you have on your JST.  But that seems silly to me.

I would also consider applying to all of the Big 3, to see which ones will give you the best eval.  The main issue really, is that you have a lot of courses on your JST that are unknowns.  You need to see what each school brings them in as to be able to make a better decision.

Apply at all 3 under the BALS, just to see what you get, and then decide if there's anything that will fit what you have well at each school.

With the 105cr from the JST, 12cr from CLEP/DSST, and the college credits plus ACE credits you have here, you should be VERY close to some sort of degree from somewhere, if you choose the correct one!

BTW - if your Shmoop account is still active, you should use to to take Finite Math and Geometry, since you seem to like math (and you have lots of duplicates).

As far as my research, the credits that will be considered on my JST is for that I have on my current rank/paygrade, which is HM2. With the addition of the Recruit Training, Dental Strand, And Field Medical. 

I'm just completing the TEEX at the moment. Next in line is I will reactivate my account on Straighterline as I've lost my motivation before and I have pending courses that are incomplete. 
-Engl Comp II, Intro to Nutrition, A&P I, IT Fundamentals (probably won't finish this since it will be a duplicate for the TEEX, and Intro to Sociology)

I feel like the quizzes of Math Courses on Shmoop are not calculations. But definitely will look on reactiving it too since I read about Geometry being UL course.

I'll reconsider other degree if it will be more faster. I'm on the edge right now if I can stay in the military or not so I want to make the most of it.

My long term goal is to become an actuary. There's really no Actuarial Science program on my location and I planned on doing that after my service. I want to be full time and focus because it is a tough program specially passing those tests. 

For now, I just need a degree, preferably BS/BA, to better my evaluation. So whatever best plan that you can provide, please let me know. Thanks!

(10-17-2017, 12:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Docmarvin, have you applied to TESU yet? Get them to do an evaluation of your credits to a BS Technical Studies and see if those would add up to the AOS/Professional Requirements.  Did you do chem or physics I and II?  Note: I have had several people tell me their lower level college courses were placed in the AOS before.  It's worth a try... you'll just be missing the capstone/gen education credits.  In fact, you have 15 Free Elective credits for anything as well...

Link: http://www.tesu.edu/ast/bsast/Technical-Studies.cfm
B. Technical Discipline - Technical Courses: 39
A total of 12 area of study credits must be from 300 or 400 level courses
21 credits from a single discipline
18 credits from other applied science and technology disciplines

I don't have Chem or Physics courses yet. I love Physics back in High School because of the calculation compared to Chem memorizing that table of elements. LOL. Any suggestion where I shoulg take these?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,300 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 882 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,452 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 414 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,807 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,036 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77