Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting burnt out with Study.com assignments
I have a lot of Study.com assignments under my belt, and I have a lot to go still. And honestly I'm starting to get really burnt out. Are there any paper/assignment-less courses I can take my particular area of study, General Management?

Attached Files
.pdf   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan.pdf (Size: 152.99 KB / Downloads: 34)
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.
Would you do Straighterline? It seems like most people do only 1 Study.com course with assignments because they do Straighterline, Saylor, and some others.

Davar is an option for some. They do have essay questions, but they go pretty fast.

I would skip the extra 6 accounting credits unless you really want them. You don't need any more than the 3 you have. You can do Business 105, 106, 107, and 121 which all come in as UL without needing a project. After that, you would only need a Marketing course and the Digital Marketing is just a short slideshow. It took me about 30 minutes to do. Don't kill yourself with those ACC courses unless you realllly want those specific credits.

Edit: so it looks like the Digital Marketing course has changed its assignments. They still don't look too bad and definitely look better than the Mar 301 course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ndelco's post:
  • Yenisei
(10-17-2017, 11:24 PM)ndelcollo Wrote: I would skip the extra 6 accounting credits unless you really want them. You don't need any more than the 3 you have. You can do Business 105, 106, 107, and 121 which all come in as UL without needing a project. After that, you would only need a Marketing course and the Digital Marketing is just a short slideshow. It took me about 30 minutes to do. Don't kill yourself with those ACC courses unless you realllly want those specific credits.

The Study.com Digital Marketing course I did for my BSBA had 2 serious assignments, and I thought one was a challenge. I suggest avoiding it although it's probably not harder than most others with serious assignments.

(10-17-2017, 11:26 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 11:24 PM)ndelcollo Wrote: I would skip the extra 6 accounting credits unless you really want them. You don't need any more than the 3 you have. You can do Business 105, 106, 107, and 121 which all come in as UL without needing a project. After that, you would only need a Marketing course and the Digital Marketing is just a short slideshow. It took me about 30 minutes to do. Don't kill yourself with those ACC courses unless you realllly want those specific credits.

The Study.com Digital Marketing course I did for my BSBA had 2 serious assignments, and I thought one was a challenge. I suggest avoiding it although it's probably not harder than most others with serious assignments.

Yea, I was just looking at them. That's a bummer. The slideshow I did was a breeze.
First, Strategic Human Resources Management is not in the Core, that's where the capstone course should be (formerly Strategic Management, now called Business Capstone).  So remove that and put the correct course in there (you have to take it through TESU).

Next, I'm wondering why you planned almost all of your courses with Study.com?  Not that you can't, but not many people use just 1 provider for everything.  There are TONS more options than you have in the spreadsheet.

Here's my spreadsheet with options.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 37.32 KB / Downloads: 55)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Thanks for all of the great information guys! I've revised my degree plan accordingly. How does it look now?

Attached Files
.pdf   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan.pdf (Size: 152.59 KB / Downloads: 19)
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.
Is it me, or is the PDF file skewed? I see only one page of info, but there are 10 pages in that PDF and only one is used...
This is the second time I reviewed it, and both files are doing the same thing for me... oh wells, otherwise, it's a workable plan.
As mentioned before, not sure why you're using only Study.com, but make sure not to max out 90 credits from them...
FYI, TESU only allows 90 credits from one provider, and so basically if needed you can have up to 30 Study.com courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I recommend doing labor relations its a really good length course and you learn about unions. I did it in a couple of days, its a lot of memorization and procedures. Im currently working on public speaking/communications on study.com the length is around the same.

Business communications as well has good projects but it is really long and it will feel drag a bit. When you feel that way try to do something else for a while 10-15min go back. it is actually pretty fun and the writing is short. If you do good on the exam you can do the first 2 assignments then completely troll the last one.

But yea i understand that burnt out feeling trust me lol thats why im pushing to finish the communications: public speaking asap so i can have a couple of days of rest before nov.
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
give shmoop a try. its completely different than study.com and most of the courses offered are on oddball things, could be good for a break
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,274 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,574 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM