Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Alarm: DSST no longer available to civilians? Military personnel with CAC only?
I was just about to sign up for a few tests when I was startled to read the following:

"At this time civilian and non-eligible military test takers cannot take an exam at a Prometric test center."

"Please note: Prometric sites are currently only able to offer Principles of Supervision, Computing and Information Technology, Ethics in America, Health & Human Development, Introduction to Business, Introduction to World Religions and Substance Abuse. We are exploring opportunities to expand this offering in the near future."

"Identification Requirements

Military service members need to provide their Common Access Card (CAC) and one valid government–issued identification card at the time of check in. You will not be able to sit for the exam without providing the CAC. "

No mention of civilian options anywhere.

I proceeded to check Prometric's press releases and FAQs, then to google up any info on what might have changed since I last took one of these exams only to find absolutely nothing confirming or even acknowledging this change.

Can anyone else confirm what is going on here?

To recreate this, just head over to prometric.com and attempt to schedule an exam. Is this just in my neighborhood or what?

Seriously perplexed over here.
(10-17-2017, 09:41 PM)coughcool Wrote: I was just about to sign up for a few tests when I was startled to read the following:

"At this time civilian and non-eligible military test takers cannot take an exam at a Prometric test center."

"Please note: Prometric sites are currently only able to offer Principles of Supervision, Computing and Information Technology, Ethics in America, Health & Human Development, Introduction to Business, Introduction to World Religions and Substance Abuse. We are exploring opportunities to expand this offering in the near future."

"Identification Requirements

Military service members need to provide their Common Access Card (CAC) and one valid government–issued identification card at the time of check in. You will not be able to sit for the exam without providing the CAC. "

No mention of civilian options anywhere.

I proceeded to check Prometric's press releases and FAQs, then to google up any info on what might have changed since I last took one of these exams only to find absolutely nothing confirming or even acknowledging this change.

Can anyone else confirm what is going on here?

To recreate this, just head over to prometric.com and attempt to schedule an exam. Is this just in my neighborhood or what?

Seriously perplexed over here.

Most people take DSSTs at colleges and universities.

http://getcollegecredit.com/institutions/search/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Yeah, DSST's aren't normally taken at Prometric, they're taken at college testing centers. You were just looking at the wrong website.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(10-17-2017, 11:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yeah, DSST's aren't normally taken at Prometric, they're taken at college testing centers.  You were just looking at the wrong website.

Thanks guys, I have it sorted out now. I was using the correct site, it's all at prometric.com, but the only location available in my area is a Prometric center. It was initially confusing since its located at what looks and sounds like a college but is in fact not.

Maybe these exams are only offered at Prometric sites internationally. Sorry I didn't mention I'm looking outside of North America.
Fortunately I can still take the same subjects via CLEP.

Thanks again for the sanity check.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 356 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,457 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  No longer a distinction between national and regional accreditors inf 9 1,287 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,179 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
Information AMU/APU no longer offers Momentum CBE/Self-Paced programs jsd 4 1,215 08-10-2021, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jsd
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,108 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  MSI Update - No longer IASSC... bjcheung77 12 2,704 03-29-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,691 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,887 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  COSC no longer accepts FEMA IS NoStudentNoCry 4 1,233 06-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az