Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(11-18-2017, 02:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Danielp Wrote:I'm pretty sure there isn't any testing centers close to me :-(

Have you read my Beginners Guide, the spreadsheets and the wiki?  That's the reason I recommend ACE/NCCRS credits through Straighterline, Study.com, (and depending on what you need, Saylor/Shmoop)

Danielp Wrote:Is there any difference in the difficulty of the CLEP/DSST exams and for example study.com?

Yes, there are.  CLEP/DSST and most exams are pass/fail in ONE exam.  Straighterline/Study.com, you can pass the course for some or most courses before you get to the final exam (it's cheaper/easier/faster) - and better for those who are far from a testing center.

I got your multiple PM, I don't think there are anything similar to the Big 3 outside of the US for Bachelors.
However, if you're looking for a Masters or PHD, Heriot Watt is the best test-able option I know.
You cheapest/easiest/fastest right now would be a BALS using Saylor/Shmoop and your ACTFL/NYUTFL.

The speed of which you can finish of of this is in 4 months if you follow several steps and have time management...
One of the people who followed my BSBA GM, finished his degree in 4 months exactly.  PM me, I can set you a schedule to finish your BALS as it's "easier" than the BSBA and cheaper.

Okay, thank you for the reply. I appreciate it. 

I'm interested to get to know more about BALS, but the BA in Communication seems good. I'll pm you.

Also, i've checked the things you mentioned in the wiki already Smile

Thanks again.
What Masters do you plan to do?

The Communications degree seems a little limiting.

Also, if you want to do Communications, see if Align Degree and Penn Foster will take international students.

(11-18-2017, 05:25 PM)Ideas Wrote: What Masters do you plan to do?

Also, if you want to do Communications, see if Align Degree and Penn Foster will take international students.

I'm planning to do a masters in some sort of communication, not sure which one yet though. 

Yeah, i'll contact them and see if they take international students. 

What degree would you recommend if communication is limited?
Ideas Wrote:What Masters do you plan to do?

That's right, a communications degree is somewhat limiting in what professions you can use it in....
Are you wanting a Visual Communications degree? A Broadcast Journalism degree? Something else?

I would refrain from taking anything from those providers until you know what you want to get into.
Most courses they provide are available elsewhere that has ACE recommendation for credit.

Danielp Wrote:I'm planning to do a masters in some sort of communication, not sure which one yet though. 

If you do want to test it out, you can go for a BALS with a Communications concentration.
Then you can work your way up with an MA Visual Communication or something along those lines.

I have just a few questions, how old/young are you? married/got kids? are you working?
How much time & money are you wanting to invest in your education? What is your schedule like?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-19-2017, 12:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Ideas Wrote:What Masters do you plan to do?

That's right, a communications degree is somewhat limiting in what professions you can use it in....
Are you wanting a Visual Communications degree? A Broadcast Journalism degree? Something else?

I would refrain from taking anything from those providers until you know what you want to get into.
Most courses they provide are available elsewhere that has ACE recommendation for credit.

Danielp Wrote:I'm planning to do a masters in some sort of communication, not sure which one yet though. 

If you do want to test it out, you can go for a BALS with a Communications concentration.
Then you can work your way up with an MA Visual Communication or something along those lines.

I have just a few questions, how old/young are you? married/got kids? are you working?
How much time & money are you wanting to invest in your education?  What is your schedule like?

I'm still looking at different options, but a broadcast journalism degree sounds way more interesting than visual communication. 

I'm 24 years old, i'm not married and I don't have any kids. I got a job yes. I'm willing to invest as much time as needed and I got a lot of freetime right now, but I don't want to stress through it, so i'm aiming to be done in 1 year or so. I would like to spent as little as possible, but my max budget is around $7000
Is that $7,000 for a Bachelor or Master? Which master degree have you looked at and what requirements do they have? You might not need a specific degree to get into that program... The BA from TESU would be cheapest in Communications but it isn’t required for a Masters.

Furthermore, there are so many branches of communications, I only listed two. See here for Bachelors and see the link below it for Masters. Check the Masters entry requirements, I will assume the school in your country will require similar prerequisite courses or degree. If just a BA in anything works, then go for the BALS with no concentration or the communications concentration...

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/cheap/o...bachelors/

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/cheap/o...-programs/

(11-19-2017, 12:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Is that $7,000 for a Bachelor or Master?  Which master degree have you looked at and what requirements do they have? You might not need a specific degree to get into that program... The BA from TESU would be cheapest in Communications but it isn’t required for a Masters.  

Furthermore, there are so many branches of communications, I only listed two.  See here for Bachelors and see the link below it for Masters.  Check the Masters entry requirements, I will assume the school in your country will require similar prerequisite courses or degree.  If just a BA in anything works, then go for the BALS with no concentration or the communications concentration...

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/cheap/o...bachelors/

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/cheap/o...-programs/

So far i've looked on two master degrees, which is Journalism (No entry requirements) and another one in IT-Communication (No entry requirements either) But i'll try to explore more master degrees, because I might want to do one outside Denmark.

The $7,000 is for the Bachelor degree.
That’s what I thought, do the BALS with no concentration. Since most Masters with a Communications concentration do not need a specific degree. They have a GPA requirement for some. Take a few communications courses from Straighterline, Study.com, Saylor and finish the degree with Shmoop courses. Or choose to mix and match courses in the BSBA, BALS English Lit and Psychology templates located in my Dropbox at the end of the Beginners Guide sticky. Try to finish the degree requirements in less than a year.

Yeah, i'll look at some more Masters and research a bit. Thanks!
I have one question.. I've talked with a TESU counselor and they said that a regular BA gives more options towards Masters than a BALS. Which makes it way more confusing.. does a BALS give more access to more masters? and what about the pre-requirements for them? Sorry, i'm a bit confused, since i've researched this a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,674 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,005 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,325 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,684 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero