Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
When you transfer the European credits, keep us updated because I'd like to know some details about that process. I might like to take some ECTS classes at some point.
(11-26-2017, 08:20 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 06:39 PM)Danielp Wrote: Thank you! I finally found the spreadsheets.. The ones I was talking about were the wrong ones. 

Also i'm done with all the free credits and I expect to transfer some of my european credits in january. They will probably count for some credit hours.

I will do the language test as the next thing, where I hopefully will get 24 credits.

Just keep in mind that bjcheung's spreadsheets are actually changed versions of my spreadsheets, and do not give you ALL of the options you have for all of the courses you can take.  If you only want SL or Study.com, they're fine, but if you think you might want to use another vendor, then let me know and I'll give you my original spreadsheets.

Yeah please, I would like to see those spreadsheets as well.

(11-26-2017, 08:22 PM)eriehiker Wrote: When you transfer the European credits, keep us updated because I'd like to know some details about that process.  I might like to take some ECTS classes at some point.

Yeah sure. It costs a fee to get them evaluated though. Think it's 130 dollars or so.
Reading through this thread, it seems like you're changing which degree you want quite a bit.  Not sure what you're even looking at at this point.  But I already gave you the BA in Comm, here is the BSBA in GM, and the BALS with no concentration.  I'm also including the BALS through Shmoop, which is crazy cheap - IF you can stand doing that many Shmoop courses (30 of them for the max transfer of 90cr from a single source).

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 43.51 KB / Downloads: 29)
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS - Shmoop.xlsx (Size: 44.31 KB / Downloads: 23)
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 38.74 KB / Downloads: 21)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-27-2017, 12:21 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Reading through this thread, it seems like you're changing which degree you want quite a bit.  Not sure what you're even looking at at this point.  But I already gave you the BA in Comm, here is the BSBA in GM, and the BALS with no concentration.  I'm also including the BALS through Shmoop, which is crazy cheap - IF you can stand doing that many Shmoop courses (30 of them for the max transfer of 90cr from a single source).

I'm just quite unsure which one to pick, because of my masters choice. I've been looking at these and i'm very unsure if a BALS with a concentration gives access or not. So at the moment i'm considering doing a degree in sociology/social science of some sort, because that will give me access to all of them. But it would be much easier if a BALS with a concentration gave access as well.. Anyway, this is where my confusion comes from.

https://www.sdu.dk/en/uddannelse/kandida...dgangskrav

https://www.sdu.dk/en/uddannelse/kandida...dgangskrav

Are Shmoop courses that bad or what do you mean? 

Again, thanks for the help!
Here in the US, it doesn't matter much what your BA is in if you want to get a Master's in something like Comm. You could have a degree in business, underwater basket weaving, or comm, and it wouldn't make a difference at all. Even trying to get into med school, you don't need a "pre-med" or bio degree - they would take a business major if they had all of their prereqs (mostly the lab sciences).

So while I encourage people to work backwards from the degree they ultimately want to get (including grades, prereqs, etc.), some things probably aren't important (previous degree).

Shmoop courses, while cheap ($85/mo for unlimited courses), there are a lot of complaints about how they're laid out and tested. You can look up threads about it, there are a bunch.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-27-2017, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Here in the US, it doesn't matter much what your BA is in if you want to get a Master's in something like Comm.  You could have a degree in business, underwater basket weaving, or comm, and it wouldn't make a difference at all.  Even trying to get into med school, you don't need a "pre-med" or bio degree - they would take a business major if they had all of their prereqs (mostly the lab sciences).

So while I encourage people to work backwards from the degree they ultimately want to get (including grades, prereqs, etc.), some things probably aren't important (previous degree).

Shmoop courses, while cheap ($85/mo for unlimited courses), there are a lot of complaints about how they're laid out and tested.  You can look up threads about it, there are a bunch.

I see, alright.

Yeah, i've read a few threads about Shmoop.

But anyway, since i'm done with with the free sources of credits, i'm thinking to do 1 or 2 courses in December. Where would you recommend doing them, since it's only 1-2.. Isn't Saylor a good place to start?

I saw there were 50% off a course on https://ed4credit.com/rel-305-world-religions and I was thinking to take a course from there. But i'm unsure which one.
Hi again. I read somewhere that with Straighterline I can pass the course before the final exam, but I can't seem to find the thread. Is that true? I bought WESTERN CIVILIZATION I
and Introduction to Religion. Is it possible to pass these two before doing the final exam?
Hi.

https://www.newschool.edu

I can't find any info wether this university is nationally or regionally accredited?
Regional Accreditation

Quote:The New School is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE, 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 216.284.5000). MSCHE is a regional accreditor and federally recognized body. The New School has been accredited by MSCHE since 1960. 

https://www.newschool.edu/Components/Wir...pageid=331

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-16-2017, 11:52 PM)davewill Wrote: Regional Accreditation

Quote:The New School is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE, 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 216.284.5000). MSCHE is a regional accreditor and federally recognized body. The New School has been accredited by MSCHE since 1960. 

https://www.newschool.edu/Components/Wir...pageid=331

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Okay,

Thanks a lot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,868 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,008 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,325 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,684 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero