Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU- advice/comments
Hello,

I am excited I ran across this forum and realized there are so many people like myself trying to further their education and pursuing "alternate" methods. :Smile 

I have recently gone from being a stay-at-home mom to working full-time and going to school.  It's a big change-- and quite the challenge.  But, I am so excited to pursue my degree-- something I never thought I'd be able to do.  

I have 93/120 credit towards my BA.  I can see the end in sight!  I still have some key classes to take:  Advanced English Composition, Public Speaking, and the Capstone (of course).  I took English Composition I in the early 90's and I'm wondering if I should re-take it or if I would be OK to go on to English Comp II?  I'm sure I remember virtually nothing and I know it'll be important for the Capstone.  Any advice on the best place to take it?  (Straighterline, Study, Ed4Credit, etc?)  When did you all register for the Capstone?  Any other tips or advice would be appreciated, as well.  

Is anyone planning on going to the 2018 commencement?

I'm really looking forward to getting to know some of you!
Smile

I would not retake Eng Comp I.

How fast do you plan to finish everything else? Many register for the capstone 4 months before they plan to apply for graduation.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • JanuarySunshine
(11-13-2017, 03:52 PM)Ideas Wrote: Smile

I would not retake Eng Comp I.

How fast do you plan to finish everything else? Many register for the capstone 4 months before they plan to apply for graduation.

Thanks, Ideas.

My hope is to be able to graduate in September.  If I understand correctly, in order to graduate in September, I would need to apply by July 1, correct?  Therefore the latest I should start the Capstone would be March.  Wow, that's coming up soon.
You can register for the Capstone as late at the May term for Sept graduation:

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/Gr...mation.cfm
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • JanuarySunshine
You should be fine to move on to English Comp II - which you can do via the DSST exam, the CLEP College Comp w/Essay, via SL, Study.com, and probably a few others. But those are the most popular and cheapest.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You apply by July 1st, but then you have some weeks to get the grades/transcripts in and finish up. I would personally not plan to do May term, but if you ended up having to, you could. April term would be April, May, and most of June, and then grading would take place early July or so. For April term, yeah you would enroll in March.

The DSST would be nice and quick if you don't mind the pressure of having it all based on 1 big test. But many of the options allow for retakes, so it's a little less pressure.

Need help figuring out how close I am to TESU BSBA CIS or if another degree would require fewer additional credits.

These are my credits and current professional licenses, I 

PMI PMP
Exin ITIL v3 Foundations

Course                                                                            Credits
WFV1 IT Fundamentals I                                                3
LAC1 Language and Communication: Foundations       2
INC1 Integrated Natural Science                                    4
LET1 Leadership Concepts and Applications                 4
MGC1 Principles of Management                                   4
ORC1 Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior and Leadership      4
LAE1 Language and Communication: Essay                 2
AKV1 Web Programming                                               3
WSV1 Web Technologies                                               6
CLC1 Reasoning and Problem Solving                          3
AAT1 Introduction to Programming Part I                       3
INT1 Integrated Natural Science Applications                4

Also have experince in IT (systems, networks, database, report writing, data analysis, software development) and accounting system setup and administration.  How do I get credit for this experience

TY!

(11-14-2017, 10:14 AM)tefeta68 Wrote: Need help figuring out how close I am to TESU BSBA CIS or if another degree would require fewer additional credits.

These are my credits and current professional licenses, I 

PMI PMP
Exin ITIL v3 Foundations

Course                                                                            Credits
WFV1 IT Fundamentals I                                                3
LAC1 Language and Communication: Foundations       2
INC1 Integrated Natural Science                                    4
LET1 Leadership Concepts and Applications                 4
MGC1 Principles of Management                                   4
ORC1 Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior and Leadership      4
LAE1 Language and Communication: Essay                 2
AKV1 Web Programming                                               3
WSV1 Web Technologies                                               6
CLC1 Reasoning and Problem Solving                          3
AAT1 Introduction to Programming Part I                       3
INT1 Integrated Natural Science Applications                4

Also have experince in IT (systems, networks, database, report writing, data analysis, software development) and accounting system setup and administration.  How do I get credit for this experience

TY!

Welcome to the forum! I would create a new topic asking this instead of hijacking OP's thread Wink
(11-13-2017, 03:48 PM)JanuarySunshine Wrote: Hello,

I am excited I ran across this forum and realized there are so many people like myself trying to further their education and pursuing "alternate" methods. :Smile 

I have recently gone from being a stay-at-home mom to working full-time and going to school.  It's a big change-- and quite the challenge.  But, I am so excited to pursue my degree-- something I never thought I'd be able to do.  

I have 93/120 credit towards my BA.  I can see the end in sight!  I still have some key classes to take:  Advanced English Composition, Public Speaking, and the Capstone (of course).  I took English Composition I in the early 90's and I'm wondering if I should re-take it or if I would be OK to go on to English Comp II?  I'm sure I remember virtually nothing and I know it'll be important for the Capstone.  Any advice on the best place to take it?  (Straighterline, Study, Ed4Credit, etc?)  When did you all register for the Capstone?  Any other tips or advice would be appreciated, as well.  

Is anyone planning on going to the 2018 commencement?

I'm really looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Since it wasn't mentioned, you may want to take the Public Speaking course at Study.com.  If you need some extra courses, you can also take them there as well. 

I'm not sure what you're missing - if you need a free elective and 5 college courses that may apply to your degree BA, apply to the Study.com Guardian Scholarship - if you get in, it's 6 free courses (Personal Finance & 5 of your choice). 

Scholarship is worth $600 - Link: http://study.com/blog/guardian-s-persona...rship.html
You can do two courses a month, so you will have 6 courses after three months (18 credits FREE)

Further to that, I recommend taking your Capstone in May and if you can handle it, at most one or two courses.
That would allow you to finish EVERYTHING by the end of the term just in time for September Graduation!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • JanuarySunshine, quigongene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,971 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,658 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,098 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,340 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,585 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore